045

I Want To Look At You

 

 

 

“So, you’ve talked things through now?” Changmin asked, Rowoon leaned back on his seat comfortably.

“I guess, we did.” Rowoon murmured as he picked up his drink again, Chanyeol looked on with interest. The three cousins were enjoying the privacy of their enclosed cubicle, it was a floor above the main area of the party and they could see the club through the floor length windows.

“Han’s downstairs chatting with Eunjung and some acquaintances.” Chanyeol observed, the girl was with Eunjung and a couple of familiar faces.

“So, how is she not running away from you yet?” Changmin asked with a teasing grin.

“I’ve decided to give her space, hyung. Don’t even start,” Rowoon stated, he glanced at Hana again. A couple of guys were trying to chat her up, but the girl had a small frown on her face.

“Did she ask for it?”

“Does she want the space?”

Rowoon looked at the two older males, feeling confused and cornered.

“I—Isn’t that the most sensible thing to do?” Rowoon blinked, taking another sip from his drink. His eyes went to Hana again, she was shaking her head at the males before her as they tried to invite her to the bar. Rowoon’s brows rose briefly, but the girl turned her back to them and moved away. He exhaled and looked at his cousins again.

“Really?” Chanyeol replied, Rowoon was about to speak when the doors swung open.

“Hello, Rowoon’s darling. I see you’ve made some new friends.” Changmin chuckled as he stood up to make room for the girl.

Sweaty people in an enclosed space. Not a good thing.” She remarked as she plopped down beside Rowoon and looked at the table before them.

“Did you get dinner before coming here?” Rowoon asked gently placing his palm on her back, her brows rose and she turned to him with a sheepish grin.

“Han,” Rowoon sighed.

“I was planning to, but I was worried that I’d feel bloated so I didn’t.” Hana stated as she popped an olive into , she winced.

“We’re getting dinner. Come on.” Rowoon stood up and stretched one hand to her, Hana blew the two older cousins a kiss before leaving the room.

“Did those guys hurt you?” Rowoon asked as they went down the steps, the girl hooked arms with him and shook her head.

“They were asking for my number and offered to buy a drink for me.”

“Did you give them your number?” Rowoon was smiling now, Hana pursed her lips and glanced over her shoulder, Rowoon felt the girl inch herself closer to him. Hana never really liked parties like the one they were in now. It made her uncomfortable. He chuckled and wrapped one arm around her, the girl seemed to relax.

“No, I gave them a death sentence.” She replied, Rowoon tilted his head.

“A what now?”

“I gave them Changmin oppa’s number.”

 

 

 

Hana’s lips thinned as the meeting went on, the figures didn’t sit well with her. The deadlines made her iffy too. Part of her wanted to fix up some of the GM Daewoo managers, but she debated against it.

“So, what are we going to do about this? I have to explain this president Shim by the end of the week.” She stated, the girl’s eyes went to her phone again and her forehead creased.

“Ah, yes, well, ma’am, we have come up with the~”

“I know, you’ve been explaining that for the past twenty minutes. But I want to know how sure are you that we will be getting the results that we want? What assurance can you give me?” Her voice had become sharper than intended, her secretary looked up from his laptop, concerned.

Hana picked up her phone again, she pursed her lips, seeing that she had no new notifications. She exhaled and stood up, the rest of the staff followed suit.

“Let’s meet again next week. I’ll talk to president Shim about this.” She muttered under her breath before leaving the room without a word. Hana trudged back to her office, she got inside and immediately plopped down on her seat.

“Ma’am, would you like some tea?”

She looked up and shook her head.

“Coffee would be better, thanks.” She said, her voice still curt, Rowoon’s secretary backed away, sensing her sour mood. His boss had been checking on her phone the whole morning and the more she did so, the more aggravated she looked.

Hana checked the news and read that Kim Moonho and his son were both set to face their court hearing in a few days. While, Minhee had been trying to reach her. Hana rolled her eyes and stood up, the girl walked to the windows and crossed her arms.

Minhee wanted to negotiate with her, but there was nothing to talk about. Hana wanted the Kims out of their way and out of their lives.

Her phone buzzed and she immediately picked it up, it was a message from the grocery she frequented, they were informing her of a sale on their products.

“Wow.” She said darkly as she tossed the phone on the table just as the doors opened, Rowoon’s secretary paused as the phone slid down from the table to the floor and dropped with a loud thud.

Hana puffed her cheeks.

“Thanks for the coffee, you should go get lunch.”

The male hurriedly left the room, not wanting to add to her stress.

 

 

 

Rowoon loosened his tie as he reached his office, they had just gotten off a meeting. He also announced that he would be leaving the company in a number of days and Hana would be back by then.

The directors were excited to have her back, it was obvious to him.

“Should we get lunch, hyung?” Chani asked as he walked in, the younger male plopped down and leaned back on the couch.

“Sure.”

“You don’t have to be at school today?” Rowoon asked as he arranged his things on the desk, Chani nodded back.

“I don’t have to be till tomorrow, we only got a couple of days before they release our grades. That’s when we’ll know.”

“You’ll know if you passed?” Rowoon chuckled, Chani snorted and shook his head, he checked the time on his watch.

“I’m going to call noona and ask if she can join us.”

Rowoon paused briefly but he nodded back at him.

“I thought you were going to pick her up today.” Chani commented as he pressed the green icon beside his sister’s name.

“I don’t want to pressure her, Chani.”

“I doubt that.” Chani said lazily as he put the phone on speaker mode and set it beside him, it took three rings for the girl to answer.

“Noona, we’re~”

“What do you want?” Hana replied, her tone as cold as Rowoon’s iced latte which was sitting in front of him. The two men paused and looked at each other.

“Well, Rowoon hyung and I are heading to lunch, and if you want to~”

“No.” She snapped before ending the call, Chani glanced at the older male. Rowoon blinked back at him.

“What did you do?”

 

 

 

“Lunch.” Hana made a face as she pushed past the glass doors, she arrived at the company’s rooftop garden. It was already three in the afternoon and she decided to take a breather.

Hana walked towards the railings and crossed her arms.

“So, you were hiding here.”

Hana didn’t turn her head and just looked on, Rowoon smiled and stood next to her.

“Bad day?”

“Look who decided to finally say hi.” Hana said dryly, Rowoon glanced at her, his brows going up.

“What?”

Hana puffed her cheeks and glanced at him.

“You didn’t come to lunch today.” Rowoon said softly, her forehead creased briefly.

“Did you like…forget about me today? Like, somehow, Kang Hana didn’t exist in your head?” She asked, Rowoon grew confused.

“What?”

“It’s nothing. I have to get back inside.” She mumbled as she headed for the doors, Rowoon padded after him.

“Han, what~”

“It’s fine.” She murmured as she pushed past the doors, Rowoon scrunched his nose and padded after her.

“I didn’t call because I thought you were going to busy. You said you were going to call for~”

Hana exhaled as she faced him, Rowoon broke into a smile before kissing the side of her head.

“Hi, Han.”

“Don’t “Hi, Han” me.”

“Look, darling, I have to know why you’re being mean.” Rowoon chuckled, already used to the girl’s temper.

“You…You…How could you not even call or message the whole day? Don’t you usually do that?”

Rowoon tilted his head at her, then he blinked.

“Well, you mentioned last night that you were going to busy, I didn’t want to disturb you and~”

“You’re right, I’m busy. You should go, or go bother someone else.” She shot back as she went down the steps, Rowoon smiled to himself and walked after her.

“But I’m here now. Wanna hang out?” Rowoon said happily as they went down the stairs, Hana faced him, her forehead creasing.

“Do I need to spell out things? Really?” She said, the expression on her face turned serious. Rowoon paused, still not getting the situation.

“What?”

Hana started to slowly shake her head and she let out a small chuckle.

“It’s nothing. I’m glad you came over.” She mused before leaning upwards to kiss his cheek, Rowoon paused, he looked at her.

“And now, I have to get back to work.” She announced as she hopped down the steps, Rowoon blinked to himself.

“Han, wait up!”

“Go away!” Hana shot back as she raced towards the elevator.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++