033

I Want To Look At You

 

20XX

 

 

“You managed to submit the report for professor Shin already?”

Hana turned to her classmate and nodded as she slung her backpack over one shoulder.

“I finished it last night. It was bloody.” She mused; the other girl chuckled at her words as they walked out of the classroom.

“It’s snowing like crazy outside.”

Hana turned her head to the windows, and she sighed.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” She said, the other girl nodded back at her. Hana got inside the elevator and pressed for the ground floor. It was already time for lunch, and she was very hungry. And she also didn’t relish on the fact that she forgot to wear her thermals before leaving the house.

The girl marched towards the cafeteria and saw Rowoon already lining up for food.

“Hey,” He smiled as she stood beside him.

“How was class?” He took her bag from her, Hana shook her head.

“I want to say it was fun, but no. I don’t want to lie to you.” She said with a small sigh, Rowoon chuckled and looked ahead.

“Rowoon-ah,”

“Hmm?”

“I’m cold.” She murmured, Rowoon opened the buttons of his long coat and gently pulled her backwards, effectively tucking her underneath his chin.

Hana smiled as warmth engulfed her, Rowoon scrunched his nose and buttoned his coat with the girl inside.

“I have about four guys approach me and ask if I wasn’t seeing with you. They seem interested in you.” Rowoon said to her, she rolled her eyes at his words.

“I’ve always been stuck with you that’s the problem.”

“What? You don’t even have other friends.” Rowoon pointed out, Hana chuckled and shook her head.

“You still have to attend that BOD thing this weekend, huh?” She asked, she felt Rowoon tense up at her comment.

“Hey, it’s not that bad. Just pretend that you know what they’re talking about. Make them think you have your together.”

“What? You want me to lie?” Rowoon asked they moved forward; Hana waddled with him.

“That’s about it.”

Rowoon laughed and pressed his nose against the crown of her head.

“I’ll keep that in mind, Han.”

 

 

 

“Noona,”

Hana looked up from her bowl of cereal as Chani joined her, their grandmother ushered him over for breakfast.

“What’s up?”

“Isn’t it Chanyeol hyung’s birthday this weekend?”

“Right, our Chanyeol.” The elder nodded along.

“It is, Saeyoon unnie thinks we should throw him a party. Hopefully, nothing too wild.” Hana stated as Chani poured himself some coffee.

“But you have that thing at the company on Saturday, halmae, can you let noona miss that?”

“Oh, so you’re the one bargaining for me now?” Hana chimed in, as their grandmother laughed.

“It’s noona’s last year as a student, I’d like here to live a little, halmae.” He jokingly continued.

“Hmm, unnie assigned you to help with the party preparations, huh?” Hana eyed him warily.

“Yes, she signed up everyone. She’s scary, noona.”

The older girl laughed in response.

“It’s fine, Hana. You don’t have to be at the company this Saturday.” The elder Kang spoke, Chani winked at his sibling.

“But, I still have one thing on Saturday.” Hana added before taking a spoonful of her cereal.

“What is it?”

“A GM Daewoo thing, I promised Rowoon I’d be there. I’ll see you later?” Hana asked as she stood up, Chani nodded back at her, still confused with her words. The girl kissed her grandmother’s cheek before leaving the house.

Mrs. Kang looked on as Hana exited the residence, seconds later, her car was already careening away from the property.

“Chani, you know, your sister,”

Chani looked up from his food.

“Yes, halmae,”

“One day, your sister might become part of that family too,”

“What?” Chani blinked at her, not getting what she was saying.

The lady smiled to herself.

“It’s nothing, eat your breakfast.”

 

 

 

Rowoon looked up as the curtains were pulled aside, a panting Hana appeared.

“What happened?” She asked as she dropped her bag on the floor and walked to him, he sat up from the bed and grimaced slightly.

“I heard you got hurt during practice.” She murmured as she really looked at him, she even checked his arms.

“The usual. You didn’t have to rush here. The nurse said I can already go.” Rowoon leaned over to pick up her discarded bag.

“I have to. You are my ride home. I had to know if you can drive, I don’t want to take a cab. It’s snowing outside.”

Rowoon blinked at her, and he chuckled.

“Wow, I must be so important to you. I am touched, Kang Hana.” He said dryly, Hana grinned at him before speaking.

“What happened? Are you hurt?” She asked, Rowoon shook his head and lifted his shirt. Hana leaned down and grimaced, he had a bruise on his abdomen. She frowned and gently patted his head.

“I feel bad for the ground.” She murmured, Rowoon rolled his eyes at her.

“I’ll drive us home.” She said as she took his car keys from his coat. Rowoon nodded and he stood up.

“You have plans tonight?” He asked as they left the infirmary together.

“It’s just dinner, no big deal. Oppa called me, he wanted to go out and have some drinks.” She said to him, Rowoon yawned before nodding back.

“He’s probably stressed with work. He mentioned about the new project that was handed to him. Plus, Geon’s starting school too.” Hana held onto the sleeve of his sweater as they moved along, Rowoon grinned and linked arms with the girl instead.

“So, you and this guy,”

“Rowoon, please.” She sighed at him, Rowoon’s brows rose but he nudged her.

“You never talk about him, I’m curious.”

“You don’t have to be.” Hana waved him off as they reached the campus parking lot, Rowoon scrunched his nose at her.

“I won’t see you tonight?”

“I don’t think I can join you guys; I have a report due tomorrow.” She said as she loaded her things into the car.

“Alright.” He replied as he opened the door for her before getting in the passenger seat.

 

 

 

“I cannot believe this.” Hana grumbled as she stepped on the brakes, the girl was already dressed for sleep but had to leave the house.

Why?

An extremely tipsy Changmin had called her minutes ago, informing her that they were all too drunk to drive themselves home.

Hana slid down from the car and made her way towards the bar’s entrance, she easily got inside and searched for the three.

"I never have problems with my younger brother, but these three,"

She saw the bartender waiting her over and the male lead her to a private cubicle, Hana sighed as she looked at their table. She took out her credit card and handed it to the waiter before poking Chanyeol’s arm.

“Oppa?” She said, the male groaned and turned away from her, Changmin suddenly sat up and she paused.

“What happened? Why did you drink~”

“Hana!” Rowoon cheered as he saw her, Hana halted and looked at him as he stretched his arms.

Changmin chuckled to himself.

“He was so worried earlier, he e—even w—wanted to fight us!” Changmin mused as he picked up his glass, Hana yanked it away from him.

“Oppa, please!” She whined, and then Rowoon suddenly stood up.

“I…I don’t want to be a godfather!” He announced, her brows rose at his words.

“What the hell are you~” Hana staggered back as the male suddenly wrapped his arms around her, Chanyeol sat up and blinked to himself.

“Where am I?”

“Rowoon-ah? Rowoon, I can’t breathe.” Hana tried to free herself from his grip, Rowoon huffed and tightened his arms around her.

“I…don’t want to be a godfather. I don’t want to be your kid’s godfather. Hell, you don’t even want to have my kids!” Rowoon said petulantly as he leaned his chin on her shoulder.

Chanyeol looked at the two, and yawned.

“Doesn’t his back hurt?” The Park male murmured to himself.

“Rowoon, I swear to~”

Rowoon started to slowly chuckle, he let go of Hana, he leaned down to meet her gaze. Hana grimaced at the stench of alcohol coming off him. Changmin looked on with interest and he nudged Chanyeol to pass him his glass.

“You can’t marry yet.” Rowoon said as he slightly wobbled, Hana sighed and pushed him back to his chair.

“It’s a Thursday night, and I’m here to take care of you three. I would never have the time to.” She hissed at him, Rowoon plopped down on his seat and clapped to himself.

“Good. Good.” He hummed as he reached out to hold her hand, Hana puffed her cheeks and looked at the three ridiculously tall and drunk men before her.

“And, now,” Hana looked at Rowoon’s hand on hers. He smiled at her before placing a kiss on the back of her palm, he closed his eyes and leaned back on his seat again.

“How do I haul them into the car?”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++