006

I Want To Look At You

 

 

Jihye watched as Changmin spoke to the guests with Saeyoon right at his side.

“How do you find the food?” Rowoon’s voice made her look away from the coupl and she smiled at him.

“It’s good.” She replied.

“I’ll go get us some drinks.” Rowoon said before standing up, Jihye leaned back on her seat and she scanned around her. She saw Geon approaching one of the tables, Jihye looked at the people seated there, and her brows went up. It was a group elders, but a familiar face somehow stood out. She could see the similarities in their features, apparently, Rowoon got his height from his father too. The lady beside him met her gaze, Jihye immediately looked away.

“Hey,” She felt Rowoon’s hand on her shoulder, she turned to face him.

“Let’s go say hi to my parents, they want meet you.”

Jihye paused briefly, and Rowoon glanced over his shoulder. She stood up from her seat and let the male pull her across the crowd.

“Rowoon-ah, wait,” She halted, Rowoon stopped walking and faced her.

“Why? Is something wrong?” He asked softly, Jihye her lips and she slowly removed his hand on her arm.

“Ji~”

“Must I meet your parents now? Do I need to?” She asked, Rowoon paused, unsure of what to say.

“Jihye, I just~”

“I…I need to use the restroom.” She murmured as she turned her back to him, the GM Motors executive could only watch as his girlfriend walked away from him.

 

 

 

“The champagne is calling me. I’ll leave you two to talk.” Jaerin announced as she padded away from them, Jaehyun watched his sister go before speaking.

“Are you still working for your family’s company, noona?” He asked as he leaned against the railings behind them. Hana glanced at him before replying.

“Yes, it’s not like I can apply for other companies.” She replied, Jaehyun nodded back and looked at his shoes.

“You?”

“I’m right where people expected me to be.” He said, Hana’s brows rose and she really looked at him. He had black turtleneck inside his white shirt, he had his tuxedo jacket draped around one arm.

Hana had to admit to herself that he looked good, well, he always has.

“I don’t think that’s a bad thing.” She said, Jaehyun’s eyes went to her and his lips quirked slightly.

“Why?” Hana said, feeling his gaze on her face, but she saw Rowoon and Jihye standing up, and then they both stopped walking in the middle of floor.

“You’re still the same, noona. You don’t like being around a lot of people. Crowds.” Jaehyun said, Hana scrunched her nose.

“I can say the same about you. You’re here.” Hana replied, she saw Jihye shaking Rowoon away and the girl began to walk away from him.

Hana’s brows went up again and she faced Jaehyun.

“I don’t think people actually want me to be there.” Jaehyun said, Hana shuddered slightly as a chilly breeze touched her bare skin.

“What do you mean? Your sister’s having fun.”

“My sister didn’t take over for the other side of the business, noona.” Jaehyun replied, Hana turned to him and she halted when Jaehyun suddenly leaned over and placed his jacket over her shoulders.

“I think it’s cool.” She blurted out, Jaehyun looked at her quizzically and he let out a small chuckle.

“I didn’t know what else to say. It never bothered me.” She added with a shrug as she pulled the jacket closer to her.

“I think we should go back there, noona. You’re going to freeze out here.” He said as he offered his arm to her. Jaehyun saw the girl hesitate and he smiled slightly.

“We’re cool, right, noona?”

Hana looked up to meet his gaze.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to ask you out again.” He said with a soft chuckle, Hana balked at him.

“I—I wasn’t thinking about that, I was~”

“I know.” Jaehyun said as he made the girl wrap her arm around his, she walked with him towards the party.

“We’ve always been friends, Kang Hana agasshi.”

“D—Don’t call me that.” She mumbled as they reached the outdoor bar, Jaehyun turned to her before speaking.

“I miss talking to you, noona.”

 

 

 

“What was that?” Chanyeol asked as his cousin sat down beside him, Rowoon’s forehead creased and he didn’t reply.

Chani looked at the older male curiously, Chanyeol shook his head at him.

“Hana left already?” Chanyeol asked, Rowoon glanced around.

“She probably stepped out to get some air or walked around.” Chani said, Eunjung looked up from her phone.

“I saw unnie talking with that…tall man.” She said, the three looked at her quizzically.

“Me?” Chanyeol pointed to himself, then to his cousin.

“Or him?”

“No, the guy with the tattoos.” Eunjung blinked back at him.

“Ah, Jaehyun hyung.” Chani laughed at his girlfriend’s reply, Eunjung rolled her eyes at him.

“Oh, the old flame.” Chanyeol mused, before anyone could speak, Hana appeared before them.

“So, what did I miss?” She said as she took the seat beside Rowoon and then she paused.

“Did Jihye~”

“I need to get something.” Rowoon said evenly, Hana paused but she slowly nodded back.

Rowoon wordlessly left their table, Chani nudged his sister.

“What was that all about?” He asked her, Hana sighed and simply leaned her head against her brother’s shoulder. Eunjung smiled before slowly moving her chair away, letting the siblings talk.

“I don’t know.”

“You were speaking with Jaehyun hyung.” Chani said, Hana paused but she nodded.

“I was. It’s been a while since I last saw him.”

“You still stutter around him, huh?”

“I’ll go check on Rowoon.” She murmured as she stood up, Chani grinned to himself.

 

 

 

Jaehyun put his glass down, he was seated next to his sister as she spoke with Saeyoon and Changmin.

He saw Hana stand up from her table and she was making her way towards the hotel’s doors. Jaehyun watched as Rowoon appeared by the dim garden lights, Hana looked like she was talking as she approached him.

“Well, another thing didn’t change.” Jaehyun said to himself, his forehead creased.

“What are you looking~ Oh!” Jaerin chuckled as she nudged her sibling, Jaehyun sighed and pulled away from her.

“What could have been, what should have been,” Jaerin hummed, Jaehyun ignored her.

“You always had the biggest crush on her. Why didn’t you ever try to…go out with her?” Jaerin asked as she picked up her fork and helped herself with a bit of cake.

“Drop it, noona.” Jaehyun said coolly, Jaerin chuckled and nodded. Jaehyun looked at the two again, Rowoon was talking to the girl and she was nodding back.

Jaehyun saw how Rowoon had reached for the jacket around Hana’s shoulders and he paused. Hana shook her head at him, and then she took out something from her purse.

“You know, staring at her won’t make her yours.”

“Noona, please.” Jaehyun sighed in exasperation, Jaerin giggled.

“Hey, if you’re still worried about Rowoon, I don’t think you should be. If it was bound to happen between them, then it would have. But he has a girlfriend now, and those two are still just friends.”

“You don’t see it.” Jaehyun said to her, Jaerin blinked back at him.

“What?”

Jaehyun paused when he realized that Hana was walking back to the party, Rowoon was nowhere to be seen.

“Brother, just go ask her out.”

“Noona, that’s Kang Hana, Kangsan and GM Daewoo’s Kang Hana.” Jaehyun murmured as he looked away.

“Yes, the very same Kang Hana who never treated you differently ever since you took over for abeoji.”

Jaehyun paused, his jaw clenched and unclenched.

“Don’t let her go this time, Jaehyun-ah.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++