011

I Want To Look At You

 

The glass of mango juice slipped from the girl’s fingers and it landed on the table with a soft thud, Hana winced as its contents drenched the front of the white button-down shirt she was wearing.

“Han!” Rowoon immediately grabbed some napkins and leaned forward, but the girl raised one palm to stop him.

“I—It’s o—okay.” She stammered as she took the napkins from him and started to pat it down on her chest.

“Noona, what happened?” Chani and Geon had walked up to them, Hana’s eyes went to his sibling, and he saw the dazed look on her face.

“Did you two argue?” Chani grinned as he sat down, Rowoon called for the waiter to clean up their table.

“No, Hana dropped her drink.” Rowoon said as he helped Geon to his chair, Hana tossed the damp napkins on the table and ran her fingers through her hair. Rowoon paused and looked at her.

“Hey, are you~”

“You brought your car, right?” Hana asked, Chani nodded back.

“Yes, I came from~”

“Keys.” Hana stretched one palm to her, Rowoon grew alarmed. Chani hesitantly handed the keyfob to his sister.

“Hana, are you~”

“I…have to go home and get changed.” Hana faced him, Rowoon slowly nodded back.

“Let me drive you.” Rowoon offered, Hana shook her head at him.

“You don’t have to. I’ll pay for lunch.” She said as she stood up and grabbed her purse, Geon looked at his aunt intently.

“Noona,” Chani grabbed her arm, Hana paused, the youngest Kang stood up and shook off his jacket.

“Cover up.” He said lightly as he draped his jacket around her, Hana smiled and nodded.

“Hana,” Rowoon stood up and followed her to the counter, Hana faced him as the lady behind the counter check the bill.

“Is everything alright?” Rowoon made the girl face him, Hana paused, her lower lip quivered.

“Yes, it’s just that…I’m drenched in yellow liquid. And I really like this shirt.” She fibbed, the look on Rowoon’s face grew thoughtful.

“It’s all cool, right?” He asked, Hana blinked and nodded back.

“Of course.” She said quickly, Rowoon smiled and the lady behind the counter couldn’t help but stare at him.

“You don’t think it’s a wrong move?”

“Does what I think matter?” Hana replied, Rowoon playfully rolled his eyes at her.

“Of course, it does. It might not seem like it, but I do listen to you, grumpy.”

“Oh.” Hana said as she got her card again, Rowoon tilted his head at her.

“I’ll get going then.”

Rowoon simply nodded back and zipped up Chani’s jacket.

“Drive safely.” He cupped her chin with this thumb and forefinger before walking away from her.

 

 

 

“Hey, check on your sister.” Rowoon spoke as they stepped out of the restaurant, Geon looked up at his two uncles.

“I tried talking to her this morning, hyung. But she’s acting like it doesn’t bother her.”

“Your grandmother promised her a year. She was waiting for you.” Rowoon replied.

“I know, hyung. I told her that I can help out now, but she insists that I focus on school first. All those directors who took our uncle’s side must be feasting right now.”

Rowoon paused, he looked at the younger male.

“I got a call from the company, her secretary told me that there are some movements in the company that might put my sister at risk.”

“Kim Moonho?” Rowoon said, Chani nodded back.

“Maybe that’s why she wanted to go home early, she must have gotten a text from the office.”

Rowoon looked ahead and he chewed on the insides of his cheeks.

“Hyung, noona won’t really let me do things yet. Can…Can you at least talk to her about this? I’m worried that they might put her into real danger, you know. That person..is really something. Also, he also has his two children planted in the company too.”

“Your sister is about to become chairman; they must be really crazy to even try something.” Rowoon said softly.

“Hyung, you don’t know how low those people will go. You know what he did to our aunt.”

Roowon stopped walking and he nodded.

“Noona listens to you, hyung.” Chani mused as they arrived at the lower floor.

“Actually, the only person uncle Rowoon listens to is auntie Hana.” Geon chimed in, Rowoon looked at his nephew and he laughed.

“You don’t listen to anyone else. Just her.” He pointed out, Chani shook his head and simply carried the kid in his arms.

“Don’t worry, Hana can do this. If someone tries to come her,” Rowoon said as he put his hands in his pant pockets.

“I’ll take care of them.”

 

 

 

Hana climbed into her brother’s car and tossed her purse on the passenger seat; she pressed her forehead against the steering wheel and let out a shaky breath.

Images of Jihye making out with another male kept on playing in her head.

She exhaled and started the engine; the girl drove her way out of the parking lot and headed straight home while talking to herself.

“Marry. Marriage. He wants to marry her.” She mumbled as she reached the main road, she puffed her cheeks.

“Of all days, why did she have to kiss that guy today? Couldn’t she have scheduled that to tomorrow?” Hana murmured while stepping on the gas.

“Why, does she have to go to that mall too? Why~ Hana, that’s not the point here.” She sighed and leaned back on the seat.

“She’s cheating on him. Rowoon is being cheated on.” She murmured; her knuckles turned white as she gripped on the wheel tightly.

Hana pursed her lips and focused on the road, her phone started to ring and she pressed on the screen.

“Vice chairman, good afternoon.” Secretary Gu’s voice resonated from the car’s speakers.

“What do I have tomorrow?”

“Some of the directors would like to set a meeting with you. They’re the ones….well, I don’t know how to say it properly,”

“On my side?”

“Yes, there has been talk around the company for the whole day. There’s been rumors about director Kim meeting other directors in secret. The other got worried when you didn’t show up today.”

Hana snorted and shook her head.

“And now, I’m not allowed to catch a breath.” She muttered under her breath.

“I will be there tomorrow. Tell the legal team I have questions with the RH Pharma contract. And, have HR contact our main suppliers.”

“Yes, vice chairman.” Secretary Gu said politely, Hana ended the call and put the car to a full stop as she reached a traffic light.

“And I have that too.” She said, she leaned her head back and realized that she was right across Jihye’s office.

Her forehead creased and she looked away.

“I really wanted to get along with her.”

 

 

 

Hana exhaled as the car came to a full stop at KangSan Groups’ curb, she turned the window as her secretary opened the door for her.

“Good morning, vice chairman.”

“Book a flight to Jeju for the weekend. Don’t let anyone know.” She said under her breath as they moved forward.

“Secretary Seo told me that I must book for two people when it comes to Jeju,”

Hana stopped walking, her brows went up and that made the male panic.

“The y—young master~”

“No, this time I’ll be going alone. Rowoon’s busy.” She said as they reached the lobby, she saw Mingyu and his father exiting one of the elevators.

“Oh, it’s our young vice chairman!” Kim Moonho greeted so loudly that it made the other employees pause.

Hana looked at the two as they approached her, her secretary glanced at his boss furtively.

“I was hoping to talk to you, Hana,”

The girl didn’t react and simply met his gaze.

“I know that our relationship has become strained but that’s no reason to drag your cousins into our problems,” Moonho started, his voice still loud enough for others to hear. Hana’s brows went up, she had a lot of things running in her head and the girl didn’t have the energy to even talk to the fool before her.

“Mingyu and Minhee have been nothing but nice to you despite your being cold them. But, to tell Minhee that she isn’t family? Isn’t that too much, vice chairman?”

Hana could feel the employees in the lobby staring at them, she pursed her lips not wanting to reply.

“Hana, say something. I don’t want you kids to have problems in the future.”

“There are no problems, director Kim. And, I don’t think we should be discussing personal matters in the company.” Hana said, her tone flat.

The male chuckled, Hana could see Mingyu smirking behind his father.

“Are you sure? Minhee was really worried that she might have offended, you are about to take over soon and she doesn’t want any~”

“What’s going on?” Hana felt a hand press against her back, she saw Kim Moonho’s eyes widened fractionally. The girl turned her head and paused, Jaehyun was looking at the two males before her.

“Is everything alright?” Jaehyun’s eyes went to her, Hana noticed Jaehyun’s two burly guards standing behind them.

“Y—Yes.” She murmured, Jaehyun broke into a small smile before looking at Kim Moonho and his son again.

“You’re in her way.” Jaehyun spoke to them, his smile was already gone as he stared down at director Kim and his son.

“Director Jung,” Kim Moonho blurted out, recognizing the Jung Banking son, Jaehyun ignored his bow and pulled Hana with him as he sidestepped the two Kims.

“J—Jaehyun-ah,” Hana said as Jaehyun walked her to the elevator, he still had one hand on her back.

Secretary Gu glanced at the two males again, director Kim had already stalked off to his car while his son stared at his boss and the newcomer.

They got inside the elevator, Jaehyun looked at his guards, the two bowed politely before backing away. Secretary Gu blinked at them as the doors closed, just who was the guy talking with his boss?

“W—What brings you here?” Hana asked him, still surprised.

“I see that you still don’t get along with them.”

“I never tried.” She replied with a scrunch of her nose, Jaehyun chuckled knowingly.

“You said I could come over. I can, right?” He asked while looking at her intently, Hana nodded back.

“Of course. Great timing too, young master.”

Jaehyun rolled his eyes at her, Hana shook her head at him.

“Noona, if they ever bother you,” He began as they stepped out of the elevator, secretary Gu was looking at the male with interest and then he noticed something peeking out of the male’s turtleneck. He stared at the oddly shaped shadows, and then he paused in realization.

It was a tattoo.

“Give me a call, I’ll fix them up for you.” Jaehyun said playfully as they got inside her office, secretary Gu balked. This young man is Jung Banking’s youngest son, the same company who has mafia roots.

A young mafia boss just joked about fixing up director Kim and his son while smiling so warmly at his boss.

“Vice chairman has the best set of friends.” He murmured before going to his desk.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++