004

I Want To Look At You

 

“Hi,” The girl smiled as Chani sat down across her, he pushed the brown bag towards her.

“Oh, you got an extra order of~” She paused when she saw the look on his face.

“Are you okay?”

Chani’s gaze focused on her, and he blinked before shaking his head.

“Yes, I just..saw something, how was class?” Chani asked as he removed the containers’ lids, she smiled at him.

“Did you argue with your sister again?”

“No, lunch was actually interesting.” Chani murmured as he opened the can of cola for her, and then his forehead creased.

“What is it?”

“Eunjung-ah,” Chani begun, the girl took out the chopsticks and handed him a pair.

“I think I..What would you do if you see someone’s significant other being in a..compromising position with a stranger?” He blurted out, the girl before him grew confused.

“A what?”

Chani immediately shook his head and just gestured for her to eat.

“Wait a minute, is someone cheating on your sister?” She spoke, Chani was about to speak but she beat him to it.

“What kind of blind fool would cheat on her? Your sister doesn’t even look realy. She’s a goddess!”

“Not her, and she’s not seeing anyone.” Chani sighed, the girl blinked at him and she let out a sheepish smile.

“Then, what’s bothering you?” She asked, Chani slowly shook his head before gently taking her hand and giving it a small squeeze.

“Just school stuff. I’ll drive you home.”

“I was hoping you’d offer, I asked driver Moon to go ahead earlier.”

Chani chuckled and nodded.

“Anything to escape your driver.”

“They still won’t let my drive on my own.”

“You crashed your father’s Audi, babe.”

“Shut up!”

 

 

 

“I’m not saying that you shouldn’t worry about it, but I think,”

The curtains were pulled apart, Hana was staring at her reflection, Rowoon looked up from his phone and grinned.

“I feel like my thighs weren’t made for these types of dresses.” Hana murmured as she looked at her reflection, the two female sales associates smiled at each other.

“Can we go back to the topic?” Rowoon asked as he stood up and joined her, his scanned over the dress and he shook his head.

“It looks perfect on you.”

“But, Rowoon, my thighs~”

“I like your thighs.” He nodded with a small shrug, Hana grimaced and padded away from him.

“Can I try the other one? The one with sleeves.” She asked politely, the two ladies stepped out of the private dressing room.

“I’m serious, you look~”

“I still don’t know what’s going to happen, my grandmother called me last week. She mentioned that she’s going to be meeting with her lawyer.”

“How’s halmeoni doing?” Rowoon asked.

“Can we talk about me first?” She shot back, Rowoon chuckled before picking up one of the pairs of shoes laid before them.

“Her lawyer?” Rowoon gestured for her to continue as, he leaned down to help her with the shoes, Hana carefully put on the pair of black stilettos before speaking.

“She wants to retire.”

Rowoon paused, he stood up and looked at her curiously.

“Then,”

“I don’t want to say it. But, she wants me to…..I—I begged her not yet.” She said quickly, Rowoon pursed his lips and righted the straps of her dresses.

“You and your grandmother are the same. You two don’t negotiate.” He said softly.

“She said she’d give me a year.” Hana chewed on her lower lip, then she exhaled.

“That’s what you were keeping the whole day?” He let out a chuckle, the girl shook her head.

“I don’t want to discuss this with Chani yet, I don’t want him to feel pressured.” She said as she clasped her palms together.

“And, you’re not?” Rowoon spoke, she faced him, her forehead creasing.

“I have a year.” She shrugged before crossing her arms, Rowoon grimaced and looked away.

“They’re just s. Cleavage.” She mused at him before stepping back behind the curtains.

“So, GM Motors, what’s eating you?” Hana’s voice came out muffled from behind the heavy cloth, Rowoon paused and he glanced at the dresses set before him.

Hana appeared again, now she was dressed in her clothes, she ran her fingers through her hair before sitting down across him.

“Changmin hyung doesn’t like Jihye, huh?”

Hana paused, she felt his gaze on her.

“Oppa says everything with his face.” She murmured, Rowoon nodded and leaned back on his seat.

“Hey, don’t let it bother you. I’m sure oppa will warm up to her, you know him.”

“Yes, I know.” Rowoon let out a sigh before standing up.

“Hey,” Hana spoke again, Rowoon turned to her, she saw how his brows were knitted together.

“Jihye’s a really nice girl, and I like that you’re happy with her. And that’s all that matters, you being happy. Other people will always have something to say, but it’s best not to let them bother you.” Hana continued, she met his gaze evenly, Rowoon eventually nodded before leaning over to kiss the top of her head.

“You do keep me sane, you brat.” Rowoon murmured, Hana gave him a shrug.

“So, just the shoes?” He asked, changing the topic. Hana looked up and smiled, Rowoon eyed her warily.

“If it bothers you so much, I’ll talk to oppa for you.” She offered, Rowoon nodded back before picking up the dress she tried on earlier.

“This too?” He asked, Hana nodded back sheepishly.

“You really like her, huh?” Hana stood up and got her purse, the two ladies joined them again with their shopping bags.

“I think I’m in trouble, Kang agasshi.” Rowoon replied, Hana laughed and patted his arm.

“I’ll go get us coffee. My card is in~”

“No need for that, just got get us coffee.” Rowoon urged her to leave the room, Hana rolled her eyes at him before moving along.

 

 

 

Hana stretched her arms and yawned, she had her laptop on the kitchen counter while Chani prepared dinner. The siblings liked having the house to themselves during the weekend, and it was a Friday night, the house help was on break.

“What’s that, noona?”

“We’re dealing with a new construction group for the new branch. I’m a bit weirded out by this because it’s going to be in Cheongdam.”

“Ah, they need to finish it quickly.”

“Exactly, but it’s a young firm, you know. I’m confused.” She murmured as she shut the device close.

“How’s Eunjung?”

“She says hi, I was thinking if I could take her…as my plus one at Changmin hyung’s party, can I?”

“Give oppa a call to inform him, I don’t think it’s going to be a problem. What are you making?” She asked as she slid down from the stool.

“We have some leftover kimbap, so I made some stew and~”

The front door opened and they both turned their heads; Hana was about to move but Chani raised one hand.

“I’ll go check, noona.” He said, Hana smiled and watched him go.

“Auntie, uncle!”

Hana’s face lit up as soon as she heard the familiar voice.

“Geon!” Chani laughed as the child ran up to him, Hana went around the kitchen counter just as Chanyeol appeared.

“Oppa, I didn’t know you were coming over.” She said as the male greeted her with a quick hug.

“We come bearing gifts, chicken and some beer for the adults.” He announced, Geon was smiling as he ran towards Hana.

“Geon, auntie missed you.” She said before lifting him up, Geon smiled before kissing her cheek.

“We were bored at home, Geon suggested we go here, since Chani has the bigger TV.” Chanyeol said jokingly before mussing his son’s hair.

“Appa broke our big TV.” Geon announced as Hana helped him to a chair.

“Really, how so?”

“He was playing baseball inside the house. How disappointing.” The eight-year-old said flatly, the Kang siblings both burst into fits of laughter, Chanyeol eyed them warily.

“I was bored, okay?”

“We have a garden for that, appa.” Geon replied, Chanyeol shut his mouth and then another car was pulling over outside the house. Chani leaned over the windows and he paused.

“Who is it?”

“Rowoon hyung.” He announced, his eyes as wide as saucers. Geon helped himself to a slice of kimbap.

“Kitchen!” Hana called out as she heard the doors open, Chanyeol sat down beside his son.

“What brings you here? You said you had plans with Jihye tonight.” Hana said as her friend appeared by the doorway, Chani paused and he faced the stove again.

“Yes, but she cancelled. She had to drive to Incheon, something about their set for tomorrow needing to be repaired. I brought~”

“Cake?” Geon asked, his uncle nodded back.

“Uncle you always bring sweets when you visit here.” He said proudly as Rowoon put the box on the table.

“And now it’s like a mini reunion in here.” Hana murmured as she sat down, Rowoon grinned and took the seat next to hers.

“You spend way too much time with each other, auntie.” Geon agreed, Hana grinned at him.

“But that’s okay, I get to play with uncle Chani’s PlayStation longer.” He said cheerfully before rushing to the living room.

“She had to drive to Incheon? It’s already late.” Chanyeol said, Chani paused, he poured the stew to another casserole.

“You should have offered to take her.” Hana commented as she set the table, Chanyeol helped her with the plates.

“I did, but she insisted that it’s fine and she can drive alone.” Rowoon commented, Chani’s forehead creased, he put the stew on the table.

“I—I’ll go play with Geon, you can eat first.” He said quickly, Hana paused.

“You said you were hungry~”

“It’s fine, noona. Eat first.” Chani said, he turned his back to them before anyone could speak.

“Han, here.” Rowoon put a drumstick on her plate, Chanyeol picked up some onion rings and placed them on her plate as well.

“So, has anyone been bothering you lately?” Chanyeol asked as they ate, Rowoon grinned at his cousin.

“Everything’s fine, oppa. Thanks for asking.” She asked while stepping on Rowoon’s foot under the table. He looked at her and wiggled his brows.

“Mingyu got into her nerves again.” Rowoon hummed, Hana shook her head at her friend.

“That maggot gets into everyone’s nerves. What did he do?” Chanyeol asked again, Hana helped the older male to some stew.

“Oppa~”

“Tell oppa everything, I can fix him up for you.”

Rowoon nodded along with his cousin, Hana eyed warily eyed the two.

“You two are helpless. Just eat up.”

Chani looked away from the scene and joined the Park toddler in the living room.

“I wish I saw wrong. But I don’t think I did.” He murmured to himself before helping Geon with the console.

 


 

“So, it’s been moved to Thursday?” Rowoon looked up from the folder, his secretary nodded in reply.

“Then what about the arrangement with Lotte Holdings?”

“A proposal has been submitted to chairman Park’s office, vice chairman. We are just waiting for his go signal. But, I heard there will be no problems with Lotte’s side.”

Rowoon nodded back and dismissed the male, he turned to his computer and loosened his tie. It was quite a hectic Monday for him and he didn’t have the time to get lunch.

“Ah, sir,”

“Yes?”

“The young miss called earlier while you were out, she mentioned something about a suit.”

“A suit?”
“For vice president Shim's engagement party. She’s sending you one tomorrow.”

Rowoon slowly blinked, his forehead creased.

“You didn’t have one prepared, huh, vice chairman?” His secretary said with a small knowing smile, Rowoon started to shake his head.

“It slipped my mind.”

“I had a feeling about it, I sent the young miss her favorite specialty breads in return.”

“Good, thanks.” Rowoon nodded, the male quietly left the room. Rowoon leaned toward his desk and he was about to open the drawer when he heard the doors swing softly.

“Are you busy?” Jihye was smiling at him, Rowoon shook his head and stood up.

“I didn’t know you were coming by. I would have met you downstairs.” He said before leaning over to hug the girl.

“I got a feeling you didn’t eat anything yet.” She said as she raised the bag she was holding.

“I had three meetings just this morning. It was..painful.” He replied, Jihye set the bag on the table and took out its contents.

“How’s the shoot?”

“It went well, it’s my first time working with idol stars. They’re not as rowdy as they seem to be.” Jihye said as she pushed the set of mini sandwiches towards him, Rowoon’s brows rose briefly.

“Is this orange juice?” He asked as he picked up the drink, Jihye nodded back and he took a small sip from it.

“You should eat, it’s already past two.” She reached out to touch his hand, Rowoon picked up the container and his nose scrunched.

“Why? Has it gone bad? I just bought this.” Jihye frowned as she picked up a piece, Rowoon watched as the girl took a bite.

“It’s still fine.”

“It’s salmon, Jihye-ah.” Rowoon said with a small chuckle, the girl paused, she looked confused.

“I can’t eat salmon.” He said sheepishly before gently pushing the sandwiches away from him, Jihye halted.

“R—Rowoon-ah, I forgot. I’m sorry, let’s~”

“It’s okay, we can go down to get something to eat.” Rowoon nodded, he stood up and picked up his phone from the desk.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++