038

I Want To Look At You

 

 

Hana puffed her cheeks as she read Changmin’s text, she was invited to dinner with their family later. She stared at the steering wheel for a few seconds before finally switching the engine off, she stepped down from the car and crossed the street.

Hana noticed the familiar Corvette a few meters away from the restaurant, she nodded to herself before walking towards the doors.

Hana saw Jaehyun sitting alone, he was fiddling with his phone and she couldn’t help but notice the frown on his office.

“Jaehyun-ah,”

He stood up to greet her.

“I already ordered for us, noona.” He said in a quiet tone as he pulled the chair for her, Hana nodded back and took her seat.

“What’s up?” She asked lightly.

“I want to ask the same, noona. What happened?”

Hana paused, she put her palms on her lap before facing him.

“It’s something…we came up with years ago. It’s not really a big deal, people won’t seem to stop talking about it.” She murmured as she reached for the glass of water.

“Things got difficult?”

“A little bit. I want be chairman, but dealing with my~”

“Why couldn’t you come to me instead?” Jaehyun said, Hana halted and met his gaze.

“Jaehyun-ah, I~”

“I already told you, noona. Becoming chairman for your family’s company won’t be easy, it would have been better if you had remained where you were. You wouldn’t be in this mess.”

He stated.

The GM Motors executive paused, letting Jaehyun’s words sink in, and then it occurred to her. Jaehyun was never into the idea of her taking over KangSan, in fact, he always spoke negatively of it.

Hana’s forehead creased and she looked away.

“However, if you do decide to take over and become chairman, I’ll be right behind you, Han. I’ll make sure no one gets to my grumpy lady.”

“Noona, did you hear me?” Jaehyun asked, she nodded back at him.

“Jaehyun-ah, if I do nothing then I’m letting them step on me.”

“I could have fixed it for you, you don’t have to~”

“But I want do it myself, I may have put Rowoon there, but I still know what’s going on. I can still see what’s happening in KangSan.”

“They will try to hurt you, noona. I don’t think you know that.”

“I know that. But that’s part of it, I have to protect my family.”

“Noona, I don’t think you know this~”

“I think I already know why I agreed to meet you today.” She said as she put the napkin back on the table, his brows went up.

“I…I can’t give what you expect from me, Jaehyun-ah. I….” She trailed off and looked at her palms.

“I knew it, noona.”

“Jaehyun-ah, I’m sorry but~”

“It’s always going to be him, huh? Even from before, I kind of had it coming.” Jaehyun murmured, he leaned back on his seat.

“I-I have to go.” Hana said, Jaehyun looked at her and nodded.

“I know.”

 

 

 

Rowoon leaned against the desk as he went through the documents.

“Hana already approved of these?” He asked, secretary Seo nodded back in reply.

“Yes, about two weeks ago, sir.”

Rowoon browsed through the papers again, and he leaned back on his seat.

“What’s going on outside?” He asked meaningfully.

“Some of the directors have questions, while most of them have nothing to say because the papers regarding your takeover for the young miss were spotless. And, it’s not like they can do anything about it.”

Rowoon swiveled his chair towards the window and exhaled.

“I don’t know what to do.” He said, the other male paused, a little confused.

“About what? Is this regarding the BanJin Group report~”

“No. Your boss. Your real boss.” Rowoon murmured as he leaned further back on his seat, secretary Seo’s brows rose up.

“It was mentioned that you and the young miss haven’t been speaking to each other for quite some time, sir. I wanted to ask, but it didn’t seem my place to~”

“Things…Things are difficult without her.” Rowoon said, secretary Seo looked at the back of his head, he was about to speak when the double doors suddenly burst open.

“You!” Kim Moonho came marching in the office, Rowoon sighed and stood up from his seat.

“You come in here and announce you’re the boss of us? Are you out of your mind?” He bellowed at the young man, secretary Seo looked at Rowoon for a few seconds before stepping back.

“No. And, I didn’t announce my position, it was assigned to me because your previous vice chairman resigned because you and your family were endlessly harassing her.” Rowoon’s tone was arctic as he spoke.

“Harassing her? Kang Hana is not supposed to be on that seat, she~”

“Then, who should be on that seat? You?” Rowoon’s lips quirked up as he took a step towards the man.

“This is clearly a family affair, and yet you’re interfering.” Kim Moonho spot, Rowoon rolled his eyes before speaking.

“Look, director Kim Moonho,” Rowoon buried his hands in his pockets.

“Do you want to be removed?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Hana, she may have never said it vocally, but I think she’d like it if you were simply..removed.”

Secretary Seo started to contemplate whether he should be taking out his phone and start making calls or not.

“Are you threatening me now? The company can sue you for~”

“You’ve been doing this to her for years, and now I want to remove you. I don’t think she’d mind.” Rowoon nodded to himself, Kim Moonho paused.

“Even if you kick me out from KangSan, people know that you and that friend of yours don’t have the ability to~”

“Who said about kicking you out? I want you removed. Erased.” Rowoon let out a humorless chuckle as he picked up his coat, Kim Moonho fell silent and he glanced at the secretary in the room.

“You are way over your head, you three cousins are just the same. You probably only stayed close to her just so you could take KangSan.”

Rowoon put on his coat and neatly buttoned it.

“Admit it, you’re only using her! And that dumb is letting you.”

Rowoon’s brows went up, and secretary Seo noticed how the male’s jaw clenched and unclenched. He took out his phone and quickly went through his contacts.

And it all happened so fast, seconds ago, Kim Moonho was standing before the desk, but now he was pushed up against the wall by his shirt collars as the youngest of the GM Daewoo cousins stared at him with cold empty eyes.

“I don’t think you get what’s going on here, but,”

Kim Moonho started to squirm as his feet left the ground, secretary Seo chewed on his lower lip as his call went to voicemail.

“The only reason why you’re still here is because of her, because the momentHana’s says something,” Rowoon smirked as his grip on the male tightened.

“You’re gone.”

“You don’t have that power, you brat.” Kim Moonho spat, Rowoon chuckled and then he suddenly dropped the male on the floor. The latter landed on his back and grimaced in pain.

“Why don’t you check on your private residence?” Rowoon mused, he walked towards the doors and left the office.

 

 

 

“There’s just so much buzz going on, I’m kind of loving the energy.” Saeyoon said with an excited smile, Eunjung nodded along.

“Right, unnie. It’s like a complete reverse card in Uno. I’m sure no one saw this coming.”

Chani stared at the two and shook his head.

“You don’t see what could happen, huh?” He voiced out, Chanyeol plopped down beside him and looked at the three.

“What are you guys talking about?” Chanyeol asked, they were hanging out at the patio, just waiting for dinner to be ready.

“Rowoon and Han.” Saeyoon said, Chanyeol chuckled.

“I know, those two crazy kids.”

“Hyung,”

“Why?”

Eunjung chuckled and gave Chani’s hand a small squeeze.

“Hana has become so powerful because of this move, not that she wasn’t before. But this one has rendered her untouchable to her disgusting relatives. I like it.” Saeyoon shrugged.

“By putting someone in the company to take care of Kim Moonho and his family, it’s a smart move.” Chanyeol agreed.

“Right, those are all correct. But, the person she put there can be as volatile as her.”

“Ah.” Chanyeol blinked, as if suddenly realizing things.

“That hyung has a tendency to remove whatever gets in Kang Hana’s way. I’ve seen it happen.” Chani said, Saeyoon grinned and nodded.

“Rowoon oppa?” Eunjung said, confused with his words.

“As in…that family may be…swoosh?” Eunjung made a gesture with her hand, Chani nodded at her.

“A big swoosh to be exact.” Saeyoon crossed her legs with a big smile.

“Seems like a good thing.” Chanyeol shrugged in reply.

“But Hana too, she’s done things for Rowoon that can be…a little terrifying.” Saeyoon commented as she took a sip from her mojito.

“Right, I remember Rowoon being constantly pursued by this older girl back in college. Hana took care of her pretty quick.”

“She was harassing him.” Saeyoon shuddered in disgust.

“And what if our aunt suddenly comes home?” Chani said, they all paused when they heard rumbles coming from the gardens.

“Oh, it’s unnie.” Eunjung blurted out just as an Audi came into view, then it was followed by an Aston Martin convertible. Hana slid down from the other vehicle and signaled for her secretary to go ahead.

“Wait, so, are they now in talking terms, or nah?” Saeyoon asked.

“Not yet.” Chani winced.

“Okay, I’m out.” Chanyeol shook his head and jogged back towards the house.

 

 

 

“Everything looks perfect, aunt.” Hana said as Mrs. Kim peeked on the oven.

“Of course, we’re here to celebrate our newest vice president,” She said with a smile as she faced Hana.

“Actually, I was a little worried because, to be honest, our plan is…reckless and a bit..inappropriate.”

“Oh, please, don’t say that.” Another voice chimed in, Hana broke into a smile and greeted Rowoon’s father, beside him was the family’s matriarch.

“Halmeoni.” Hana said before hugging the two elders.

“How is your grandmother doing? I hope she gets well quickly, I miss having our little trips to tea shop in Bundang.” She said as she took Hana’s hand in hers.

“She’s receiving treatment from the hospital. She did say she wants to see you.” Hana replied, she felt her phone vibrate in her purse.

“You should go to the garden, they’re all outside, Han.” Mr. Kim said, Hana nodded back and excused herself, she made her way across the living room and exited through the garage.

“Secretary Seo, how are things?” She answered as she maneuvered around the vehicles and to the gardens.

“A lot of things happened today, ma’am. But, Kim Moonho did his usual, he threatened the young master and called you names.”

Hana shook her head and looked at the flowers in bloom.

“What about my aunt?”

“Still nothing from her, the last time she was seen was two weeks ago. She’s in Capri.”

Hana chewed on her lower lip and exhaled.

“Okay, thanks for telling me.” Hana murmured, she jumped when she heard movement from behind her.

“Oh, uncle, I was just~” Hana stilled, realizing that it wasn’t Mr. Kim.

Well, it was the other Mr. Kim.

She saw how Rowoon’s forehead crumpled before meeting her gaze.

Hana took a step back, making room for him. She noticed how he had rolled up his sleeves to his elbows and his shirt was tucked neatly in his pants. Something was bothering him; she could sense it.

“Was it a stressing day?” She spoke as her fingers tightened around her phone.

“I kissed you.” Rowoon suddenly spoke, Hana paused, surprised with his words.

“Y—Yes.”

“Do you want to know why?”

Hana could only stare back at him, not knowing what to say and not wanting to speak. For days, she wondered how she would talk to Rowoon again, she had planned it in her head. She would act as if nothing happened and things were back to normal. Everything had always been so easy when it comes to Rowoon. But now, she was hoping that the ground would open up and swallow her.

“Because, I don’t want to keep it anymore. And I know you’re going to say that it’s not the right time or you think that I’m still hurting, but, I’m okay, Han.” Rowoon said softly, Hana looked away from him.

“I’m—I’m okay because I have you and I just really want you to know what I feel. I like you, Kang Hana. In fact, I always have, but I had to label you as a friend because I am afraid of losing you. Even now, I know I could lose you because of this.”

“Rowoon-ah~”

“A huge part of me is hoping that you’d feel the same way but, you don’t have to say anything. It’s all cool. I’ll drive you home.”

Hana focused her gaze on him again, she chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

“Do…Do I get to say anything?” She stuttered, Rowoon gave her a small smile before reaching out to cup her cheek.

“Not right now, you don’t have to.” He said as he dropped his hand to his side and jogged back to the house.

Hana stared at his retreating figure as he went joined everyone by the pool and she looked away.

“Why didn’t you open up?!” She stomped her heels on the damp soil and marched towards the garage to hide her flushing cheeks.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++