009

I Want To Look At You

 

 

“Did you see the news?” Jaehyun looked up from his plate, Jaerin took the seat across him.

“I did, noona.”

“Hana is most likely to take over, this is a big thing.” Jaerin said with a smile as Jaehyun pushed the dishes towards her.

“She was never welcoming of that idea.” He simply said, Jaerin paused and looked at him curiously.

“She mentioned it before. She’s actually happy that Chani seems to be okay with everything.”

“You…You always did listen to her.” Jaerin chuckled as she started eating, Jaehyun shook his head at her.

“When will you admit it, brother? Noona knows about it.” She hummed, Jaehyun paused briefly, he looked at the two men standing by the doors. Both males bowed politely before stepping away from the doorway.

“It was around the time of the accident, right?”

“A few weeks before.” Jaehyun said softly, his forehead creasing as he recalled how the accident of Hana’s parents almost broke her.

“You confessed to her.” Jaerin said, the look on her face was thoughtful.

“I..asked her out, noona.”

“And, you never got her answer?”

Jaehyun looked at his plate again and nodded.

“I didn’t want to pressure her. And, we were so young back then.” Jaehyun said with a small smile.

“How about now?”

Jaehyun eyed his sister again, Jaerin grinned at him.

“You’ll never know, it may work now.”

“She’s about to take over a job she doesn’t want, noona.”

“Good, be there for her as she tries to overcome this endeavor. You’ve always been close to her.”

 

 

 

Rowoon looked up from the stove, Hana was leaning against the counter with a knife in hand.

“Here. Bite-size pieces, Han.” He said as he pushed the carrots towards her.

“But, I want to see what you do after mixing in the sauce.” She said as she padded towards him, Rowoon gently steered her away from stove with a small smile.

“My house is not fireproof, Han.”

“Hey!”

Rowoon gestured for her to sit on one of the stools.

“I spoke to Jihye today.” Rowoon begun, Hana’s brows rose up and she looked at him.

“How did it go?” She asked as she sliced the carrots with some discomfort, Rowoon grew amused as he watched her.

“I’m more confused than I was last night, is that normal?” He replied lightly, Hana pushed the carrots back to him.

“What did she say?” Hana asked.

“She wants to keep us in the low.”

“She wants to hide being with you.” Hana said bluntly, and then she paused.

“I mean…..That’s how it translates to me, but don’t listen to me. I’m basically a man.” She offered, Rowoon tilted his head at her.

“I’m not making any sense right now, my mind is all over the place. But I can give hugs.” Hana added quickly, Rowoon laughed and started getting some bowls from the cupboard.

“I just..I don’t want you to get hurt, Rowoon-ah.”

“It’s all going to be fine, Han. We’re just going through some rough patches right now.” He said as he walked towards her, Hana’s forehead creased.

“How are you feeling?”

“Kim Moonho laughed at me because I was a little late today, he said I was probably choosing which heels to wear.” She grumbled, Rowoon nodded for her to continue.

“So halmae’s lawyer arrived, he announced her plans to retire despite promising me a year.” She went on as Rowoon squished both of her cheeks, the girl was grumbling.

“And then all the directors went piranha on me, especially my aunt’s husband.” She said not minding her cheeks being pressed together.

“KangSan shouldn’t be left to a kid like me, and the occasional jab that I’m a woman and that’s why I can’t take over.” Hana continued, Rowoon scrunched his nose at her and she slapped his hands away from her face.

“But that’s not the thing bothering you.” Rowoon replied, the girl exhaled before nodding back.

“Halmae deciding on this now, it seems too…something seems off, Rowoon-ah. I feel like I might need to fly to Jeju to see her.”

“I’ll go with you.” He nodded as he poured the soup on the bowl, Hana nodded back.

“If things get too much, you have us, Han.” Rowoon added, the girl looked at him and she smiled.

“Minhee said I always need you around.”

“Really, now?” Rowoon said as he handed her a bowl of rice, he could sense that the girl was feeling a lot better now.

“I want to cut her.”

“Huh.” Rowoon chuckled softly and put some meat on her plate.

“I called Changmin oppa about it since it bothered me a lot.” She said as she started to eat, Rowoon sat down across her.

“So, what did that oppa do for you?” Rowoon mused, Hana ignored his teasing tone and just put transferred the carrots to his plate.

“Her Lotte VIP membership has been terminated for life.” She beamed at him, Rowoon blinked and shook his head.

“She was being petty, you know. I can do that better.” She said as she took the bits of fish from his plate.

“Yes, you and Changmin hyung can be pettier than Geon, the eight-year-old.”

 

 

 

“That old hag will choose her, it’s obvious.” Kim Moonho said over dinner, Minhee looked at her parent.

“What are your plans, abeoji?” Mingyu spoke as he picked up his glass of wine.

“Hana thinks things will go her way. She’s going to use her Kang card again, but this time I’ll make sure it won’t work. Some of the directors find her useless, she’s not her brother.” The elder smirked as he continued eating.

“Chani has never expressed any intention to join the company.” Minhee stated.

“That boy doesn’t even show himself at the office, what does he know?” Mr. Kim cackled as he put his utensils down.

“What are we going to do, abeoji? There are still some who want to see Hana on the seat. She won’t go down without a fight.”

“Come on, she must have a weakness. Take away all that pride and her pretty clothes, she’s still nothing. She’s the reason why her parents died.”

Mingyu leaned back on his seat and nodded.

“Abeoji, she has GM Daewoo backing her up. I don’t think you should be celebrating yet.” Minhee said, her forehead creasing.

“Why? Did they do something?” Mingyu asked, the girl paused and she shook her head.

“It’s not something I can’t fix.” Minhee said quickly.

“Hana, as clean as she may want to appear as. She has secrets, her weaknesses. Maybe we should remind her,” Mr. Kim was smiling as he leaned on the table.

“Why her parents died that night.”

 

 

 

“So, I’ll see you next week.” Chanyeol said as he gave his son another hug. Geon smiled before jumping in his arms.

“Take care, oppa. Have a safe flight.” She said to him as Chanyeol walked to her.

“Did you stay the night?” He asked before giving the girl a quick hug.

“Yes, we had dinner late, and I was tired.”

“Are you okay?” He asked softly as Geon dashed to the garden with his toy cars.

“A little shaken, but I can manage.” Hana said, they turned when Rowoon came jogging down the stairs.

“I came to drop off Geon.” Chanyeol told him, Rowoon nodded back, his cousin had called him last night, asking if he could watch over Geon since he had to fly out of the country for work.

“If something comes up, call me.” Chanyeol told the girl, Hana smiled at him.

“Buy me snacks from Japan, oppa.”

“I will.” Chanyeol chuckled and mussed her hair, Hana walked him to the waiting Rolls Royce. The male got inside and gave her a small wave before setting off.

“Han, what do you want to eat?” Rowoon asked as the girl walked in the kitchen.

“So, I planned my day with Geon today. I’m taking him out to go shop for books and some clothes for summer.” She begun as she jutted her lips towards the box of cereal.

Rowoon grabbed her a bowl and pushed the box to her.

“Can I come?”

“No, you have work. Can I borrow your car?” She asked as she got some milk from the refrigerator.

“Driver Jeon will go with you.” Rowoon said, Hana turned to him again.

“Thanks for letting me sleep over. I know Jihye might not really like it.” She said, Rowoon shrugged at her.

“We’ve always slept at each other’s houses. No big deal.” Rowoon said to her, the girl sat down again.

“I don’t want her to think badly of me.” She pointed out.

“She will think badly of you when she finds out that you’re hiding behind Geon because you don’t want to go to work today.” Rowoon said jokingly as he poured her a cup of coffee.

“Rowoon, I mean it. Fix things with her.”

Rowoon paused, he stared at the girl.

“Something’s bothering you, it’s all over your face.” She smiled before transferring to the seat beside him.

“It worries me because you usually don’t want to talk about it. And you always put up with my rants.” She said as she turned to him and pressed her forehead against his arm for a short moment, Rowoon’s lips quirked up.

“We'll talk at lunch later.” He suggested, the girl pulled away from him and she quickly straightened his tie.

“I’ll reserve us a table at our usual place.” Rowoon said as he stood up, Hana stretched her arms upwards and nodded back.

“Geon will probably want to eat something unhealthy.” She said, Rowoon agreed before kissing the side of her head.

“I’ll see you later, have driver Jeon drive you around.” He said as he put his phone in his coat pocket.

“Rowoon, can we~” Hana started to call out to him as he headed for the front doors.

“Yes!” Rowoon called out before stepping out of the house.

Hana nodded back and went back to her cereal.

“Wait, what was I going to ask him again?” She murmured as she stared at her coffee.

“Well, he already said yes.” Hana happily shrugged and continued eating.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++