032

I Want To Look At You

 


“I’m sorry if I have to keep on calling you back here.” Hana said as she walked in her office, her other secretary shook his head.

“It’s okay, vice chairman.”

“But, I need to keep you both informed.” She said, secretary Gu took his seat as Hana pulled out a folder from her bag.

“I’m sure everyone has heard about my grandmother’s arrival here in Seoul. And I know that…people are the thinking the same thing.”

“Yes, there’s been word going around the building.” Secretary Gu said softly.

“I know, she’s going to announce her retirement and, I’m sure Kim Moonho is already gearing up his plan. Starting with the BOD meeting this afternoon,” She said as she handed them a folder each. The two males paused and their boss urged for them to open it.

“I’m giving you a few seconds to absorb that.” Hana said with a small sigh, she turned towards the windows and crossed her arms.

“Y—Young miss,” Secretary Seo blurted out, the male beside her was staring at the documents with wide eyes.

“Yes, if you look at it, I’m just an employee now.”

“Your..shares of stock and..w—what happened?” Secretary Gu stammered in confusion, Hana turned to them and sat down.

“In a few days, you will have a new boss. I will be leaving my seat.”

“Yes? Is this because of director Kim and his children? We can call lawyer Yoon to~”

“No, in order to get rid of them, I have to be unreachable. Don’t you think?”

The two males looked at each other, Hana leaned back on her seat and drummed her fingers on the table.

“It will take them a while to realize this, but here,” She took out an envelope from her drawer and pushed it towards secretary Gu.

The male froze when he realized it was the young lady’s resignation letter.

“They’re going to badmouth you with every chance they get, vice chairman.”

“Let them.”

 

 

 

Changmin pursed his lips as he looked at the male before him.

“Usually, I would be handling this type of things, but you,” Changmin begun as the male eyed him with disdain.

“You put yourself in so much danger, I can’t even fathom how to understand it.”

“You rich kids and your abuse of power.” The male spat at him, Changmin didn’t even flinch.

“Between the three of us, they’ve always called me the one with the temper. But, I don’t think you’ve met our youngest yet. Rowoon may be the most patient one,”

“But when triggered,” Changmin noticed a convertible pull over outside and he stood up.

“I’m just..going to pray for you.” He stood up from his seat as Rowoon entered the empty café. The establishment was owned by Chanyeol’s family and they had it closed down for the day.

“Young master,” Rowoon was greeted by one of their bodyguards, the male’s eyes went to the reporter.

“Joo Ilsoon.” He said as he reached them, Changmin grinned and took a step back.

“What are you going to do now? Threaten me? The story’s already out, there’s nothing~”

“I know that.” Rowoon sat down across him.

“You put out that story because Kim Mingyu put you up for it.” He trailed off as he crossed his legs.

“How much did they pay you?”

The reporter paused, and then Rowoon leaned forward, Changmin noticed how his cousin’s eyes were cold and empty as he continued to speak.

“How much was it worth? Dirtying my friend’s name and putting yourself in my way? How much was it?”

Changmin flinched and joined the guards on their table.

“Are you threatening me right now?” Joo Ilsoon hissed at him, Rowoon smirked and shook his head.

“Your only mistake was touching her.” He said, he raised his hand and his secretary approached them, he handed his boss a bunch of documents. The reporter’s eyes widened as he realized what it was.

“This is the publication you work for,” He tossed a folder to him, and then another one came.

“The building wherein you live,”

“Your lease contract for your apartment, your car loan also, the company you freelance for,” Rowoon recited as more papers were tossed to the table.

“Oh, and right,” Rowoon started to smile as he put another folder before the male.

“A letter from our lawyer, I could have your name discredited for a lifetime. I will make sure that no one will ever hire you again.”

Joo Ilsoon froze on his seat as he browsed through the papers, Rowoon leaned back on his seat and hummed happily.

“W-What are you doing? Thi—This illegal!”

“You just said we love abusing our power. You should have expected this since you already know.” Rowoon chuckled, Changmin started to smile on his seat while his guards looked over worriedly.

“I’ll call the police on you.” Joo Ilsoon said to him, Rowoon shrugged again and then he stood up.

“What do you want me to do?” Joo Ilsoon quickly said, Rowoon’s lips quirked up and he buried his hands in pant pockets.

“I didn’t meet you to negotiate. You crossed Kang Hana,” Rowoon met his gaze evenly.

“You crossed me too.” He stated flatly as he walked away from the table.

“But my work~”

“That’s not my problem.” Rowoon stated as he exited the café, Changmin watched as his cousin crossed street and the convertible sped away.

Joo Ilsoon’s cellphone started to ring loudly, the eldest GM Daewoo cousin stood up and shook his head.

“I guess it’s done. You’re done.” He said as he left the café as well.

 

 

 

“What happened?” Chani halted, Eunjung hooked arms with him and nodded.

“I had to attend the event with my parents. And, I was about to say hi to them but…I heard your sister..and Rowoon oppa,”

“So, they fought?”

“You don’t know? They probably haven’t been speaking to each other since then.”

“Over Jihye noona?”

“It looks like it, that unnie was sitting on her seat or something. And then she walked out.” Eunjung was frowning as they went up the steps. Chani chewed on the insides of his cheeks, recalling that his sister sounded aggravated the night of the party when she called him.

“Your sister looked really angry. Actually, it was my first time seeing her being cold to Rowoon oppa. I mean,”

“They don’t usually fight, but not speaking to each other is another thing.” Chani murmured, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and he took it out. He paused when he read the message, it was from his sister’s secretary.

“What is it?” Eunjung asked, Chani started to slowly shake his head.

“My…sister just..announced her resignation.”

“Huh?”

Chani glanced around them, Eunjung let go of his arm.

“Do you need to go?”

“I don’t~” His phone started to ring, it was his sister.

“Noona, what~”

“Don’t worry, it will be official by tomorrow. I had a meeting with the board today, and before they could say anything, I informed them of this.”

“Noona, they will just think it’s all true!” Chani argued with her.

“Our lawyers will be releasing the details of the case tonight, Chani. Don’t worry.”

“Are…you sure this is okay?” Chani stammered, he heard his sister breathe in before speaking.

“I might have to ask a small favor from you.”

“Anything, noona.”

“You be vice chairman, part of my shares have been transferred to you. Only for a short while, take my seat.”

“Then..who..”

“I’ll see you at dinner? Invite Eunjung too.” She said softly, Chani’s forehead creased.

“Noona, people already think that eomma and appa went out that night because you~”

“I know, it’s fine. By tonight the police will release details too, don’t worry. I’m sorry this has to happen.”

“Don’t be, noona. I’m more worried for you.”

“I’m okay, Chani, see you later.”

 

 

 

“Do you think halmae made her famous marinated chicken for tonight?” Chanyeol said excitedly as they approached the frontage of the Kang residence. Changmin grinned at his cousin.

“She makes the best meals.”

The two males paused when an Aston Martin pulled over in the property.

“When did he get a new car?” Chanyeol said as Rowoon slid down from the vehicle, Geon called for his uncle and ran towards him.

“You know what he did today?” Changmin said as Rowoon picked up his nephew and walked towards the two.

“What?”

“He found out which reporter handed those fake details about the Kangs’ accident. And, he finished the guy.”

“Huh?”

Changmin shook his head as Rowoon reached them, Chanyeol reached for the front doors and pushed them open.

“Young masters,” One of the household staff greeted them with familiarity, Geon slid down from Rowoon’s arms and dashed towards the living room where the elder was enjoying some tea.

“Halmeoni!” Changmin was the first one to greet her, Hana looked up from the couch, her eyes widened briefly but Geon jumped to her.

“It’s good you three are all here.” Mrs. Kang said as she welcomed the boys with hugs, Geon chuckled before going to the elder again, getting another hug.

“Oppa, would you like anything to drink?” Hana quickly stood up from her seat.

“I’m fine.”

“I want a car loan.” Changmin said, Hana blinked at him, confused. Rowoon shook his head and looked away.

“I’ll..go get you some juice.” Hana murmured as she moved away from them, Changmin and Chanyeol glanced at their youngest cousin. Rowoon ran his fingers through his hair as he wlaked after Hana.

Hana yanked the fridge doors open and paused when she felt a presence behind her.

“Han,”

Her forehead crumpled as she turned to face him.

“I already processed everything. I got the papers you sent this afternoon, I already signed it too.” She said to him, Rowoon’s brows knit together.

“My resignation~”

“I know all that, Hana.” He said through gritted teeth.

“Right.” She exhaled as she walked towards the cupboard to get some glasses, the two maids glanced at each other, sensing the tension. They scurried away without saying anything.

“Hana, look at me.”

“Rowoon-ah, you’re only here for dinner. Besides, we can talk tomorrow. There will be a meeting, so~”

“Hana, please!” Rowoon said exasperatedly, he reached for her and gently turned her to him.

“I missed you.” He stated as if explaining to her, Hana didn’t say anything.

“I’m sorry for being stupid, but Han, you can’t do this. You can’t have nothing to do with me.”

“Rowoon-ah,” Hana sighed and shook her head.

“If you can’t deal with this, then I’m sorry. Maybe coming here was a bad idea.”

“Are you uninviting me?” He asked her.

“No, but right now, I just have so much on my plate and~” Hana halted when Rowoon suddenly leaned in and pressed his lips against hers.

“I’ll always be a part of your plate, Han.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++