015

I Want To Look At You

 

 

Hana puffed her cheeks as she closed the doors behind her, Rowoon was standing by the windows.

“How long has he been saying those kinds of things to you?” He asked as he turned to her, her forehead creased.

“What brings you here?” She asked while crossing her arms.

“Han~”

“I can handle Mingyu, Rowoon. You didn’t have to do that.” She spoke calmly, but Rowoon could see how the girl didn’t want to talk to him. And it bothered him, a lot.

“Look, Hana, I know that…our talk earlier didn’t end well. But~”

“Didn’t end well? Rowoon, you basically told me to my face that you don’t believe me.” Hana pointed out as she sat down, she poured herself some tea and leaned back.

Rowoon exhaled, he sat down across the girl and his lips.

“Where were you? Have you eaten?”

“Why are you here?” She sighed, Rowoon grimaced.

“I’ll…look into it, Hana.” He said, the girl’s eyes went to him.

“I’m not forcing you to, Rowoon. I just…don’t want you hurt, you know that.” She murmured, Rowoon nodded back.

“I was out today. I got…those for lunch.” She jutted her lips towards her desk, Rowoon shook his head as he saw the empty bag of chips.

“But, before that,” Hana looked up, her friend was still eyeing her junk food.

“Hey, eyes on me.” She stated, Rowoon’s gaze went back to her.

“I ran into Jihye again today. And,” Hana paused, her fists curled on her lap and she exhaled.

“And, what?” Rowoon probed, Hana looked at the male before her and she hesitated. She didn’t want to make things worse; she knew he had to know. But that would complicate things now, and she hated having to argue with him.

“Hana,”

“Just that. I ran into her.” She shrugged at him.

“Okay.” Rowoon replied, being careful, Hana could see that there was doubt in his eyes, but he was never the type to press her to talk.

“But, Rowoon-ah,”

Rowoon was typing on his phone, Hana glanced at her desk briefly.

“I don’t want to be around her. Not anymore.” She stated, Rowoon slowly looked up from the screen.

“..What?”

“I don’t want to be around Jihye.”

“H—Han,” Rowoon was stunned, Hana stood up and clasped her hands together.

“You already know how I don’t like adjusting around people. So, you take care of that. You already said you’d look into it.” She said, Rowoon started to shake his head.

“Hana, what are you trying to say?”

“I appreciate what you did today, it might cause some problems. But, I can’t say Mingyu didn’t deserve it.” Hana leaned against her desk, Rowoon stood up, his forehead creasing.

“Jihye’s my girlfriend, Han. I thought you two were friends.”

“She is your girlfriend. But she was kissing another man, Rowoon.”

“Han, she would never lie to me.”

“Yeah, me too, Kim Rowoon.” Hana said softly, she picked up her purse and left the room.

 

 

 

“I know, I know. I didn’t forget, oppa.” Hana spoke as she kept a firm grip on the steering wheel, Chanyeol chuckles echoed around the Audi.

“Where are you?”

“I’m off to a barbeque with the Jungs. Jaerin unnie invited me a couple of week ago.”

“Oh, Jaehyun’s gonna be there too, huh?”

“Oppa, don’t. I’ll see you at your club opening, don’t worry.” Hana said with a small smile as she stepped on the gas, then her brows went up.

“Right, oppa, did you go through the guest list with your secretary? You forgot to do it the last time, the Gapyeong opening. It was…chaos, Park Chanyeol.”

“Can you do it for me?”

“I’ll give secretary Shin a call, don’t worry, oppa.”

“You’re the best, princess. See you later.”

Hana ended the call as she drove into the Jung property, she was smiling to herself as she put the car on park and killed the engine. The KangSan boss slid down from her car and made her way towards the front door, but she halted when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

“To be honest, I thought you wouldn’t arrive alone.”

She spun around and found Jaehyun grinning at her.

“Alone?”

Jaehyun chuckled and took the bottle of wine she was holding.

“Come on in, noona.” He said as he pushed the doors open and waited for her to step in.

“I can’t stay too long. I have a thing after this.” She said as they walked across the living room, Hana could hear chatter from the garden.

“Chanyeol hyung’s club opening?”

“Are you going as well?” Hana asked with a smile, Jaehyun shook his head.

“Noona has me all stationed here, she has friends over and some of my pals are her too.” Jaehyun continued, Hana turned to him, he was dressed casually in a pair of jeans and a white shirt.

“It’s nice to be around other people, huh, noona?”

“Ah, so this is about my group of friends?” Hana chuckled, getting his comment from earlier. Jaerin yelled her name from across the pool and the latter blew her a kiss.

“No, I just thought you’d arrive with Rowoon hyung.”

“Can..Can we not talk about that right now?”

“That? Rowoon hyung?” Jaehyun grew amused, the reached a vacant table and he pulled a chair for her.

“Let’s talk about you. What’s going on? How are you balancing all the stuff?” She asked as she leaned back on the seat, a server came by to serve them some starters.

“You can say it, noona.”

Hana paused and grimaced.

“The other side of the family business? Which, I think is totally cool, by the way.” She mused, Jaehyun laughed.

“It’s not easy, but I’ve always been comfortable with it, compared to working with my sister in the spotlight.”

“The spotlight that is Jung Banking.”

“So, we’re not talking about your incoming promotion?” Jaehyun asked as he leaned over to pour her some of the freshly squeezed orange juice that was being served.

“No, we are not.”

“You still don’t want to do it?” He asked, he saw his friends pass by and he nodded at them. Hana leaned forward to pick on the sliders before replying.

“I don’t know.”

“I think you shouldn’t do it, noona.” Jaehyun said softly, Hana’s eyes went to him, he was smiling.

“You were always uncomfortable about it; you shouldn’t force yourself, noona.”

“Jaehyun-ah, it’s not like I can avoid this.” Hana shrugged at him, Jaehyun paused briefly but he gave her a small nod.

“I’ll go get us some fruit.”

Hana leaned back on her seat and crossed her legs.

"I can't not do it."

 

 

 

“Rowoon just texted, they’re on their way.” Saeyoon announced, they were at a private room in the second floor of the club. Changmin leaned back on his seat and took a small sip from his drink.

“Hana’s running late.” Chanyeol said as he stood up, he leaned over the windows and checked the traffic outside.

“She’ll be here, right?” Saeyoon asked as she stood beside Chanyeol.

“She missed lunch with us, you know. She didn’t even call.” Changmin said, his younger cousin nodded back.

“And…something’s wrong?” Saeyoon asked, Changmin grinned and nodded.

“Probably.”

“Probably Rowoon.” Chanyeol nodded with his cousin.

“Those two rarely argue.” Changmin said, Chanyeol saw Hana’s Audi drive by and eased its way to the parking lot. Seconds later, Rowoon’s Mercedes appeared.

“They argue?” Saeyoon chuckled and sat down beside her fiancé.

“It may not look like it, but yes. However,” Chanyeol said as he got himself another drink.

“Rowoon will always adjust to her wants.”

“You make her sound like she’s an unreasonable brat.” Saeyoon clucked her tongue.

“Because Rowoon lets her. And he’ll always let her.”

Hana hopped down from her car, Chani had called her and informed that he and Eunjung were already on their way.

“Is he even allowed in?” She mumbled to herself as she crossed the street, she was dressed in a nicely fitting tuxedo dress that showed a lot of leg and a bit of cleavage. It was probably one of her favorite dresses too.

Her heels made pleasant tick tacking noises as she skipped the line, the bouncer saw her and gave her a smile. She paused when she heard a familiar voice behind her, she turned her head ever so slightly and saw Rowoon with Jihye beside him. Hana shook her head to herself and walked ahead.

“Welcome, young miss.”

Hana high-fived the male and she was immediately ushered into the establishment, she saw Chanyeol waiting for her by the bar and she waved at him.

But she paused, taking small steps as she heard the bouncer’s voice again.

“Young master, I’m afraid her name is not on the list.”

Hana’s lips slowly quirked up and she brushed her hair with her fingers.

“Are you sure? Check it again, Eom Jihye.”

“Yes, her name is not here. I’m afraid I cannot let her in.”

A smirking Hana was seen hopping across Chanyeol to congratulate him on the club’s opening.

 

 

 

“Han,” Changmin sent her a look as she entered the private room, Saeyoon greeted her with a big hug.

“I’m sorry skipping lunch with you, it won’t happen again, you control freak.” She murmured, Changmin chuckled and bumped fists with her. Chanyeol walked in the room and sat down.

“It’s a riot out there, oppa. A good kind of riot. I love what you did with the place.” Haan commented as she got herself a drink.

“Thanks for coming, princess. I know you’re not a fan of clubs.”

“Anything for my GM boys.” She said dryly, the two snorted at her words.

“Right, Rowoon already arrived, I saw his car. What’s taking him so long?” Saeyoon asked as she adjusted her heels. Hana brought her drink to her lips.

“Yes, I had to step out because they wouldn’t let Jihye in.” Chanyeol added, Changmin looked at him.

“Why? Did something go wrong with the guest list?” Saeyoon asked, Hana stood up and walked to the windows.

“I don’t know, hyung. I asked~” Chanyeol stopped talking, his eyes went to the girl as she slowly finished her drink, his brows went up, way up.

The door opened again, Saeyoon smiled as the two walked in.

“Sorry about that, Jihye-ah. There must have been misunderstanding with the security.” Chanyeol stood up, Rowoon grinned at his cousin.

“It’s fine, hyung. It was an honest mistake.”

“It’s all good, oppa. Congratulations on the opening.” Jihye spoke, Changmin saw Hana put down her now empty glass.

“Han, come join us.” Chanyeol called her over, Rowoon looked at the girl, his forehead crumpled briefly.

“Hana, h—hi.” Jihye stuttered as she saw the girl, she hadn’t realized that Hana was already in the room.

“You’re surprised to see me.” Hana mused as she walked towards them.

“I—I didn’t know you~”

“Why are you surprised? I’ve always been around these guys.” Hana said as she plopped down on the space between Chanyeol and Changmin.

“I mean, I didn’t see you back there.” Jihye said, mustering a smile. Saeyoon paused, her fingers hovered over the sliced fruit and nuts on the table.

“Of course. I could have been hit by the door when you opened it, but good thing you didn’t.” Hana chuckled as she leaned back on the couch. Jihye looked way, her eyebrows knitting together in worry.

She felt Rowoon’s gaze on her and she ignored it. The girl slowly stood up and got her purse.

“Where are you going?” Changmin asked, Hana turned to him.

“Rowoon and I have an arrangement, oppa, but he’s not holding his end of the bargain.” Hana said, her tone as cold as he gaze.

“Guys,” Saeyoon said softly, now she was worried. Chanyeol was chewing on the insides of his cheek.

“So, are you leaving?” Changmin spoke to her, sensing the tension coming from the girl.

“Hana,” Rowoon said urgently, Hana glanced at him before speaking.

“I’ll be downstairs. I’d like to be around other people.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++