010

I Want To Look At You

 

“Auntie, can I choose some games?” Geon asked as they went inside the game store, Hana nodded.

“Sure, I’ll also look around. Chani want something.” Hana patted his cheek, the boy grinned excitedly before setting off. His two bodyguards discreetly walked after him

Hana made her way towards the console accessories; she was scanning through the products when her phone started to ring. She took out her phone from pant pocket and looked at the screen.

“Oppa,” She answered with a small smile.

“I’m just calling to check on you, how are you?”

“I took the day off. I’m out with shopping with Geon.”

Changmin chuckled from the other line.

“I already did that thing you asked, Minhee won’t be able to use any private VVIP rooms in Lotte now.”

“Thank you, chairman Shim.”

“You’re okay, right? I mean, things will go smoothly, princess.” Changmin said, trying to soothe her.

“Hopefully, it does go smoothly, oppa. Although, I really thought I had a year.”

“Because by then, Chani would be done with school.” Changmin said, the girl nodded and glanced over her shoulder, Geon was going crazy over action figures.

“Call me if you need anything, Hana.”

“I will.” She replied before putting the phone away, she approached one of the Park bodyguards and informed the male that she would be using the restroom.

“Young miss, we’ll~”

“It’s fine, just stay here with Geon.” Hana nodded at him before setting off, she got on the escalator and went straight for the ladies’ room.

She checked her reflection and fixed the collar of the white oversized button down she was wearing, the girl was dressed casually today, a pair of well-fitting denim cigarette pants and pair of Louboutins.

Her phone buzzed as she stepped out of the restroom, Rowoon had texted, informing that he just left his office. Hana was about to type in a reply when she heard a distinctively familiar voice.

“So, you had to let go of the time slot today?”

Hana looked up from her phone, Jihye was stepping out of a clothing store just a few meters away from her. Hana’s brows rose, she was about to raise her hand to catch the girl’s attention and then she halted.

The male behind Jihye had suddenly grabbed her by the waist, spun her around so that she’d end up facing him.

“I did, I wanted to spend time with you.” He said softly before pressing his lips against her, Hana took a step back, her eyes as wide as saucers.

“Good choice.” Jihye chuckled before wrapping her arms around the man’s neck.

 

 

 

“How was the exam?” Eunjung asked as Chani sat down beside her, she had been waiting for him at the library.

“It was…Can we not talk about it yet?” Chani said, Eunjung laughed and nodded.

“What happened last night? Did you manage to contact Hana unnie?” She asked as Chani put his bag down.

“Yes, she slept over at hyung’s place.”

Eunjung opened her laptop, then she smiled to herself. Chani paused, catching the look on her face.

“What is it?” He asked softly as he nudged her.

“I really find their friendship cute. At the same time, I’m kind of envious.” Eunjung said as she faced him.

“Noona and Rowoon hyung?” Chani mused.

“Yes. I’ve been around them both a lot of times, they balance each other out nicely and, they don’t even need to talk just to get each other. It’s…really endearing to see.”

“It’s a friendship.” Chani rolled his eyes.

“And, hyung puts up with so much.” Chani added while taking placing his laptop before him.

“Name a guy who can put up with your dragon lady sister then?” Eunjung replied, Chani paused, his forehead creasing.

“Last year, when we just started going out, I didn’t want to say this but,”

Chani looked at her, he brushed her hair away from her face.

“I always thought that things would be so much easier if they got together.”

“I heard that a lot.” Chani shook his head as he looked at his computer.

“Of course, you hear that a lot, everyone thinks the same. Even the other sunbaes here who’ve seen them around campus think the same.”

Chani chuckled and shook his head, and then he paused. Images of Jihye in another man’s car started to pop out in his head.

“But, don’t you think they make sense? They look good together too.” Eunjung mused as she leaned against him, Chani nodded back.

“It’s a good thing his girlfriend understands them.”

“Y—Yes, I’ll go get you something to drink.” Chani said, he gave her hand a small squeeze before walking towards the vending machines, he took out his wallet and looked at the display before him.

“Things have always been convenient for them.” Chani murmured as he slipped a couple of bills into the machine. His sister never did mind when it came to Rowoon’s personal life, he did go out with different girls back when they were students. And Hana had always gotten along well with them.

In fact, Hana never had a problem with any of them.

But, Rowoon had a tendency to be vocal with his distaste with some of the guys his sister went out with.

Chani tapped on the machine’s screen and waited for their drinks to be released from the machine.

“If she really is cheating on him, I think my sister will flip.”

 

 

 

Hana quickly turned away from the two, she still had her phone in her hand as she rushed towards the escalator.

She was trying to wrap her head around what she saw, she was trying to reason out that maybe she saw wrong.

But, no.

It was Jihye, she was wearing the Balenciaga blouse Rowoon had bought for her. Hana was the one who helped him choose what to buy for her.

The girl unthinkingly stepped into the escalator, and then she felt someone pulling her back. Hana grimaced as her back collided into something hard. She turned her head slightly and she halted.

“That one’s under maintenance, noona.” Jaehyun smiling as he held onto her, the tip of his nose almost touching her forehead.

“O—Oh..right.” Hana looked at the sign just a few inches away from her feet, Jaehyun chuckled and gently pulled her with him. He dropped his arms to his sides and the girl faced him.

“Are you out alone?” He asked her, Hana swallowed before speaking.

“No, I’m actually babysitting today. Chanyeol oppa had to leave the country for a bit.” She said consciously, her eyes went past Jaehyun again. Jihye and the man was nowhere in sight.

“Are you okay, noona?” Jaehyun noticed her discomfort.

“Yes, yes. I just got a little distracted. What brings you here?” Hana said as she walked with him, she noticed the two males following them and she greeted them with a small smile.

Jaehyun grew amused at his guards’ stunned reactions.

“I needed to buy a few things for the house, noona decided to have a cookout.”

“Unnie makes the best grilled ribs.”

“Join us, noona. It’s this weekend. My place.” Jaehyun said, as they reached another escalator.

“Sure, I’ll be there.” Hana nodded back as they went down, she let out a shaky breath and looked away.

“Can I congratulate you now? Or are you still not liking it?” Jaehyun spoke, she turned to him.

“What?”

Jaehyun held onto her elbow as they left the escalator.

“I saw the news.”

“A—Ah, don’t.” She scrunched her nose, Jaehyun looked at her curiously.

“I see that hasn’t changed, noona.” He said lightly, Hana looked at him, really looked at him and she nodded back.

“I mean, it’s not that I’m not happy with it. I just,” She trailed off.

“You just know that it’s not something you want to do permanently.” Jaehyun finished, the girl paused, her brows going up.

“R—Right.”

“Well~”

“Auntie!” Geon was jogging towards them, Jaehyun looked at the mini Park Chanyeol with a small smile.

“Geon, say hi.” Hana said as the boy held onto to her arm.

“He’s one of appa’s friends.” She continued; the boy nodded before giving Jaehyun a polite bow.

“Oh, so this is where you ran off to,”

Hana stilled at the voice; she saw Rowoon walking towards them with a pleasant smile.

“Jaehyun-ah,” Rowoon greeted the other male with a handshake.

“It’s good to see you, hyung.” Jaehyun said politely, Hana glanced at Rowoon and puffed her cheeks.

“It’s been a while; we didn’t get to chat at the party.” Rowoon said, Geon tugged on Hana’s sleeve again.

“I have to get going, noona. I’ll see you this weekend?” Jaehyun said to her, the girl looked up and nodded.

“Yes, I’ll be there.” She said, Jaehyun bid them goodbye before moving away.

“What was that? Are you okay?” Rowoon asked as he put one palm on her back as they walked.

“Y—Yes, I was….It’s nothing, let’s eat.” Hana said, Geon nodded in agreement as he held onto Rowoon’s free hand.

The three walked together with Rowoon and Geon chatting, Hana remained silent. She felt Rowoon’s gaze on her and she gave him a smile before looping arms with him instead.

“Is she an acquaintance, sir?” Jaehyun heard his guard speak, he paused and turned back. Hana was walking with Rowoon and his nephew, the older male had one arm on her back as they moved.

“What a young couple, they have a son too.”

“No. They’re not.” Jaehyun said, his two men paused, and they glanced each other.

“They…look like a family, sir.” One said in hushed tones, Jaehyun dindt react and simply started to walk away from them.

“Kang Hana.” They heard their boss speak as he left, the two men paused in surprise.

“The Kang Hana?” One whispered as they kept up with their young boss.

“She’s the one the young miss mentioned, the young master’s first love.”

 

 

 

Chani stepped out of the elevator and made his to the restaurant while casually checking his phone.

He got through the doors and walked in, he saw Geon playing by himself as the kids’ area, he grinned and then his eyes went to his sister and Rowoon, the two were talking as they ate.

Chani paused, he looked at the two and he grew thoughtful. Eunjung’s words started to echo in his head, he scratched the back of his neck. Rowoon was talking happily while his sister just nodded back, but she would occasionally smile and react to his words.

“It would be a lot easier, yes.” Chani murmured as Rowoon leaned over to help Hana slice her food.

“But, I don’t think it would make sense.” He said as he walked to Geon instead.

“So, hyung had to move the opening of his club. It’s perfect too.” Rowoon said as he sliced Hana’s steak for her, the girl nodded back.

“He did make me promise to come.” She said as she focused on her food again, Rowoon looked at her, noticing the permanent crease on her forehead. It had been there ever since they arrived at the restaurant.

“Hey, relax. You can do this, Han. It’s you.” Rowoon spoke, the girl looked up from his plate. Hana’s grip on her utensils tightened.

"I know you're still uncomfortable with the situation, but I don't think you can put this off any longer." He said, his tone gentle.

"E--Exactly." Hana murmured back, Rowoon nudged the tip of her shoe with his.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

“W—Well, yes.” She fibbed, a playful expression appeared on his face and it almost made Hana break down. She was trying to reason with herself, maybe she had seen wrong?

Maybe that wasn’t Jihye?

What if her head was just making that up because she was so stressed with work?

It would have been so much better if she saw wrong.

“I promised we’d talk.” Rowoon said to her, Hana looked at him quizzically.

“Right, so, what’s up?”

“About the boat, I put it under your name.” Rowoon said, the look in his face turned serious.

“I’m still confused over that, but I like the whole party boat idea. But at that scale?” She prattled on.

Rowoon blinked at her sudden outburst.

“Hana, no. I bought that for other reasons.”

“Are you going on a tour across the~”

“Hana, darling, let me talk.” Rowoon chuckled at her, Hana halted and she nodded.

“Sorry.”

“I am planning to fix up that boat, make it prettier and presentable.”

“Exactly, party boat.” She interrupted as she picked up her glass of mango juice.

“No, I want to use it for my proposal, Hana.” Rowoon said with an excited smile, Hana stilled at his words.

“Please tell me it’s a business proposal.” She blurted out before taking a small sip, and Rowoon laughed at her silliness.

“I’m going to ask Jihye to marry me.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++