028

I Want To Look At You

 

 

 

“Yes, I heard about it. It is quite a purchase.” Rowoon nodded at the LG boss, he had left Jihye with Saeyoon at their table.

“We just acquired the company two months ago, and now a lot of eyes are on it. It’s quite uncomfortable.” The older male nodded back at him.

“But, hyung, it’s a good move.” He replied, his eyes darted briefly across the party, and his forehead creased.

“I know. Right, I heard GM is opening another factory this year. It’s one of your bigger ones, huh?”

“Yes, it is, hyung.” Rowoon took a small sip of his champagne and looked across the hall again, Hana was chatting with the Jung Banking elders with Jaehyun right beside her.

He finished his glass and put it down before excusing himself, he was about to get himself another drink when Saeyoon caught his arm.

“Are you done socializing? How could you leave your girlfriend alone?” She asked, but Rowoon wasn’t even looking at her.

“Hey, Rowoon-ah, are you even listening to me?” She asked, and then she followed his gaze. Saeyoon’s brows rose and the expression on her face softened.

She glanced back at their table again, Jihye was seated alone, looking restless and out of place. The girl didn’t seem to be comfortable at all.

“Y—Yeah, noona.” Rowoon said, his eyes were still on Hana and Jaehyun.

Saeyoon was looking at Jihye, the girl was staring at Rowoon with sad eyes. But Rowoon, his eyes weren’t on her.

They probably never were.

Saeyoon chewed on her lower lip and nodded at him.

“Okay, I’m going to talk to Changmin.” She patted his hand before moving away from him.

 

 

 

“Yes, right. We went to the same high school, oppa.” Hana said with a sigh, Changmin grinned at her.

“I’m just amazed that you made other friends, I mean, students that weren’t on your year. Because, you know how we all are required to be friends with our classmates.”

Jaehyun chuckled at the male’s words.

“Hyung, noona always had that image. Ice princess.”

Hana eyed him warily, but Jaehyun simply smiled and put his palm on her back.

“It’s amazing you had the guts to approach her back then, Jung Jaehyun.” Changmin slyly commented, Hana turned to him and hissed.

“Look, look! Even I get the treatment, and I’m her beloved Changmin oppa too.”

“Oppa, you’ve always been the chaotic one.”

“Me? What about Chanyeol?”

“Your mouth. It brings chaos.” She pointed out, Changmin rolled his eyes at her.

“Anyway, going back. I don’t know what’s going on between you two, but I like it.”

Hana sighed and shook her head at him, Jaehyun smiled and nodded.

“Thanks for liking it, hyung. I hope noona doesn’t try to kill you after the party.” Jaehyun joked, Changmin snorted then he paused, something caught his eye.

“Your best friend that you haven’t been talking to left his girlfriend all alone.” He commented, Hana followed his gaze and glanced at the table. Jihye was sitting all alone, Hana’s didn’t react and looked at Jaehyun.

“I should say hi to the Parks, oppa.”

“I’ll go with you.” Jaehyun said, Changmin nodded at the two and watched as Jihye stood up from her seat. He watched as the girl made her way towards the restroom.

Jihye step inside the cubicle and exhaled, Rowoon was roaming around the party and she felt uncomfortable as hell. She sighed and closed her eyes.

“Did you see her? How brazen.” A feminine voice made her look up.

“I did. Did you also notice how the two aren’t even talking to each other? What’s up with that?” Another voice asked. Jihye could hear that the two women were by the sink, washing their hands.

“She wears red to a SongAm event, and now she thinks she can get in between Rowoon and his Hana?”

Jihye stilled.

“Right, she’s wearing red. Is she happy that a lot of children go hungry every year? Did Rowoon not tell her? Good for her.”

“People are saying that she’s probably the reason those two aren’t even acknowledging each other.”

“I heard it too, she thinks she can get in between those two. That’s an amazing feat, but very futile.”

Jihye pushed the door open, and the two women gasped in surprise.

“Oh, it’s her.” The other one smirked, and Jihye was appalled.

“For the record, the Hana you so look up to has been trying to steal him away from me.” Jihye said to them, the two was simply staring at her, bemused.

And then another door opened, the two socialites were stunned.

“What could you possibly have that I would want to steal?” Hana said to her, the two women smiled to themselves before leaving the restroom.

“You’re never going to let this go, huh? Why don’t you just mind your own business.” Jihye snapped at her, Hana looked at her reflection and touched her hair.

Jihye was glaring at her through the mirrors, and then Hana stopped and looked at her.

“Oh, were you waiting for me to react? Sorry.” Hana sweetly chuckled and then she briefly stuck her tongue out at the girl.

“There, satisfied?” Hana mused before leaving the bathroom, Jihye groaned and tossed her purse to the floor.

 

 

 

Hana stepped out to the hotel’s gardens and puffed her cheeks. She quickly shook her wrists, to lose the tension in her hands before taking out her phone.

She waited for her brother to answer and started chewing on her lower lip.

“Noona, are you at the party?”

“I’m annoyed.” She said without saying hi.

“O—Okay, is the food bad?”

“Chani, why am I annoyed? I’m angry. Like a spoiled brat, I want…I want to lash out.”

Chani paused from the other end.

“What happened?” He asked softly.

“Rowoon brought her here.”

“Really?”

“I asked him not to.”

“You told him not to?” Chani was surprised with his sister’s words, Hana never did that. His sister would never demand something like that.

“Not..exactly like that, but he knows that I don’t want to see her.”

“You don’t want to see her at the party? Noona, it’s an event by the foundation. Anyone can be invited.”

“Chani, she’s cheating on him.”

“I know, but still, to be angry at hyung for~”

“I hate seeing her with him. I can’t stand it.” Hana cut him off, Chani stopped talking and he pursed his lips.

“Noona, do you know what it sounds like, right? What you just sounded like.”

Hana paused, her forehead creasing.

“I’ll go back inside. Good night.”

“Noona,”

“Send my love to halmae. Don’t stay up too late.” Hana ended the call and turned back for the party. She halted when she saw Rowoon making his way towards her, her forehead crumpled.

“Hana,” Rowoon reached for her hand, the girl stopped walking, but she didn’t look at him.

“Han, come on. Talk to me.”

Hana simply shrugged him off and walked straight back to the party .

 

 

 

“What are we going to do, hyung?” Chanyeol asked as he walked towards their table.

“Are you blind? Why would they want Jihye to sit with us?”

“Has it gone that bad already?” Chanyeol asked, he was suddenly aware of some guests staring at them. Jihye was approaching them with a small smile.

“Bad? It’s the worst now.”

"What do you mean? Hana's here, she's attending the event."

"Of course, but did you ever see those two talk tonight? Huh?"

Chanyeol paused, and tilted his head.

“I was told that I should sit here.” Jihye arrived by their side, Changmin was about to reply when she sat down on the center of the table, his eyes widened shortly.

Chanyeol grimaced, he noticed that Hana was making her way towards them and he balked.

“Hana,” He spoke as the girl reached them, then her eyes went to Jihye.

“What’s going on here?” She asked, Jihye glanced at her and she smirked.

“Oh, Han, our table~”

“My seat, oppa.” She said, Changmin his lips, wanting to see how the younger girl would handle this.

“Get her off it.” Hana stated, her voice could be heard by the other guests.

“Han,” Chanyeol said, not liking the tension.

“Isn’t it already enough that I put up with her, now I have to share a meal with her too?” Hana asked, she felt a hand on her shoulder, and she pushed it off.

“Will you stop touching me?” Hana spun around to face him, Rowoon was taken aback with her action.

“Get her off my chair.” She said to him, his eyes went to Jihye, who was calmly seated on the chair. Changmin took a small step back, there was a small smile on his face.

“Hana, people are watching.” Rowoon said softly.

“So, you’re going to let her take my spot?” She asked him, her voice low.

Rowoon looked at Jihye, he swallowed before opening his mouth.

“Jihye, can you move a bit? We’ll ask for another seat and~”

“You’re making me sit with her.” Hana scoffed, Rowoon faced her.

"Hana, it's just a table."

"Sure." She quipped.

“What do you want me to do, then, Kang Hana? You won’t talk to me. Hell, you won’t even look at me!” Rowoon shot back, the whole room turned quiet. Chanyeol quietly hopped to his parents and stood behind his father.

Hana’s jaw clenched and unclenched as she realized that people were staring at them.

“I want nothing to do with you, Kim Rowoon.” Hana finally met his gaze, and then she turned away from him. Rowoon watched as she headed straight for the doors and then she was gone.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++