002

I Want To Look At You

 

 

 

Chani looked up when he heard footsteps at the foyer, he stood up from the couch just as his sister walked in.

“Can I trust you two with dinner?” She asked as she shook off her heels and dropped her purse on the coffee table.

“Hey, noona.” He greeted, the girl smiled at him and simply went up to her room.

“What was that, hyung?” He asked as Rowoon appeared with some shopping bags.

“Probably something about work. You know her.” The older male stated as he went straight to the kitchen.

“Or it could be our so-called relatives have been annoying her again.” Chani commented as he helped take out the items from the bags, Rowoon shook his head.

“I heard Mingyu joined the company, his sister too.” Rowoon said, Chani nodded back and walked to the fridge.

“I feel bad for noona, hyung. I mean, she’s all alone there. And, our aunt’s husband isn’t exactly someone we can trust.”

“You have one semester left then you’re free.” Rowoon mused as he began washing the vegetables.

“Just tell me the truth, hyung. It’s him, huh?” Chani spoke, Rowoon paused, his fingers hovered over the minced carrots.

“They’re trying to overthrow her.” The youngest Kang said, Rowoon turned to him.

“Your sister is protecting your seat, don’t worry.”

“It’s not the position I’m worried about, hyung.”

Rowoon sighed, he washed his hands before facing the male.

“I’m sure you can finish this up, I’ll go check on her.” He patted his shoulder before leaving the kitchen, Chani nodded back and his eyes landed on the Polaroid photo taped on their fridge.

“Everyone wants that damned seat.”

 

 

Hana let her coat slide down on the floor and she walked towards her study, she leaned against the table and buried her face in her palms. She heard the doors open and she opened .

“I didn’t ask for tea, I’ll~”

“Ahjumma is helping Chani with dinner.” Rowoon spoke, Hana didn’t bother to reply. He looked at his friend, her face buried in her hands and her shoulders all tensed up.

“How bad was it?” He asked as he approached her, Hana shook her head. Rowoon saw the screen of her laptop light up, he read the email from her office. There was going to be a board of directors meeting for next week.

“I have to prepare myself for that.” Hana spoke as she followed his gaze, Rowoon scrunched his nose at her.

“You can do it. They can’t touch you out there.” Rowoon tilted his head at her, she sighed in reply.

“Did Jihye get home okay?” She asked him, Rowoon nodded back at her as he picked up her discarded coat.

“We had lunch together, she mentioned about that party you were invited to. You should go, it’s good press.” Rowoon commented, the girl pulled her hair in a loose ponytail before speaking.

“Your girlfriend thinks public appearances results to good press. If only it works that way.”

Rowoon grinned at her, knowing Hana, she would never attend the party.

“So, are you ever going to tell me about that boat?” She asked as she walked to her closet, Rowoon sat down on the sofa and stretched his legs before him.

“Hyung and I were toying about the idea of a party boat.”

“Okay.” Hana called from the closet, Rowoon pursed his lips he turned his head just as the girl emerged from behind the sliding doors, already dressed comfortably in a pair of shorts and loose shirt.

“And, before that, I might have some other use for it.” He said ruefully.

“Do I want to know now? Or, you’ll tell me later?” Hana said as she sat down beside him, Rowoon looked at her, sensing how distressed she was.

“I’ll tell you later.” Rowoon smiled before opening one arm to her.

“I was called low because I told people to resign if they can’t work properly.” She said darkly as she let the male hug her.

“Whoever called you that is scum, nobody talks to our devil princess like that.” Rowoon cooed, teasing.

“Hey!”

 

 

 

Rowoon pursed his lips as he went through his emails.

“Sir, Hino Group called, they wanted to know if you’re free tomorrow? They will be having the ribbon-cutting event for the new factory in Busan.” His secretary spoke.

“Busan?”

“Yes sir, the vice president mentioned he’d attend. And,”

“Then, you can clear my schedule. I’ll join him,”

“Sir, miss Eom called while you were meeting with director Hwang. She asked if you could call her back.”

“Oh, okay.” Rowoon grabbed his phone from the desk, his secretary looked at his boss.

“And, you have been invited to this, sir.” He placed an invitation on his desk, Rowoon picked it up and his brows went up.

“It seems like this publication is celebrating young leaders, they’re also giving an award to vice chairman Kang. I saw her name on their ad.”

Rowoon chuckled as he went through the invite.

“Shall I inform that you can’t make it, sir?” He asked as he arranged the folders on this young boss’s desk.

“No, I’ll give Hana a call and we’ll go together.” Rowoon replied as he put on his coat.

“You have a meeting this afternoon with KI Construction, sir.”

“I’ll be there. You can go, I’ll be having lunch with my cousins, so you can take your time.” He said as he dialed on his phone, his secretary watched as the young executive made his way towards the double doors.

“Hana, it’s me. Can you talk?” He heard Rowoon speak as he was leaving.

“But the miss Eom doesn’t like eating with the other GM Daewoo sons.” He murmured before walking back to his desk.

 

 

 

Jihye stepped in the restaurant and saw Rowoon waving at her, she paused when she noticed the two males already seated with him.

“Sorry for being a little late, traffic was bad.” She said softly as Rowoon pulled the chair for her.

“It’s okay, we just got here. How was Milan?” The eldest of the cousins asked, Jihye turned to him, Shim Changmin, the current vice president of GM Daewoo, he was set to be married to his longtime girlfriend in a few months and the whole town was talking about it.

“It was very cold, vice president. But I enjoyed my time there.”

“Oh, you were in Milan. For work?” The other male chimed in, Jihye nodded back.

“Yes, I spent about two weeks.”

“Ah, that’s why Hana has been avoiding us, she’s been stuck with Rowoon for two weeks then.” He joked, Jihye laughed. Park Chanyeol, he was a couple of years older than Rowoon, and the two were working for GM Daewoo’s subsidiary, GM Motors.

“She’s sick of us, hyung.”

“Not us, just you.” Changmin said, Rowoon rolled his eyes at him.

“That’s why I bought a lot of stuff Hana. I feel bad for making her babysit.” She replied with a small smile.

“Hana-yah!” Changmin raised his palm, Jihye turned her head and watched as the girl walked towards them. She was dressed in white, as usual. A white trench coat matched with a small Hermes purse that hung around her shoulder.

“Oppa, I want to eat meat. Chani's already on his way here.” She said as she sat down.

"I haven't seen him in a while, thats good he's joining us today." Chanyeol said as he bumped fists with the girl..

“Hey, why didn’t you call me? I was waiting for you to.” Changmin said as he helped her with her coat.

“For what?” She asked, Rowoon pushed the menu towards her.

“You’re not going to my engagement party?” Changmin asked dryly.

“Ah, I heard about it.” Hana replied, Chanyeol grinned at her.

“So, why didn’t you call to tell me if you’re coming or not?”

“I didn’t get an invitation, oppa.” Hana replied flatly, Jihye looked at the group before her and she puffed her cheeks. Rowoon’s family could be a little intense and she never really felt comfortable around them. Except for Hana, she wasn’t a GM Daewoo child, despite everyone thinking she is. But, she’s always been friendly to Jihye, while the older cousins were distant, sometimes aloof even.

“Why would you need one? You’re family.”

“Okay, okay. I’ll be there.” Hana stated, she looked up and felt Rowoon’s gaze on her, he raised one brow at her.

“And, yes, Kim Rowoon. I’ll be there too.” She sighed at him, the latter grinned at her.

“Han, can I talk to you?” Changmin spoke again, all eyes went to them.

“Right now?” Hana asked, her brows going up.

I can talk like this, but everyone will grow uncomfortable.” He began to speak in Japanese, Hana grew confused.

Oppa, what~

“I wanted lunch with family, why is she here?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++