005

I Want To Look At You

 

 

“Make sure to clear my Wednesday.” Hana said as she stepped out of her office, secretary Gu nodded quickly.

“I will most likely not be able to come back to the office after the party, can you remind our legal team to prepare the documents I asked for the other week?”

“Yes, I already called their department regarding this matter.” He spoke as he walked after her, Hana nodded back and pushed her hair away from her face.

“Right, regarding the BOD~”

“Look, it’s my niece,” A familiar voice made her pause, she looked ahead and saw the middle-aged man approaching them, her new secretary glanced at her, a little worried.

“Regarding the BOD meeting, I’d like you to write the minutes. There are a few things I’d like to discuss with director Ko about contract renewals.”

“Are you going to ignore me now?” He was already standing before them, Hana faced the male.
“What brings you here director Kim?” Hana spoke in a civil manner, the elder laughed and buried his hands in his pockets.

“Shouldn’t you be calling me uncle?”

“Why?” Her answer made the male pause.

“I just wanted to see you before the BOD meeting this week, I heard you and Mingyu got in another~”

“I don’t have time for small chitchat, so please get to the point.” Hana replied, her lips thinned as she looked at the male.

“I know you don’t like having us around, but you could at least respect your cousins.”

“Cousins? I’m not related to you or your children.” Hana said coolly, secretary Gu took a small step back, the other male met her gaze evenly.

“I married your aunt, Hana.”

“Yes, auntie accepted you and you two children. But you were sleeping around behind her back. What else should I add?” She shot back, the male froze and his neck went into a light shade of red.

“Stop being cocky, kid.” He hissed at her, Hana wanted to laugh.

“Get out of my way, director Kim.”

“Why? What are you going to do? Without your brother, you’re useless.”

Director Gu slowly took out his phone and searched his contacts.

“You’re a girl, do you actually think you could take over? That would be the biggest joke of the century.” He said while laughing,

“You know what’s funnier, director Kim?” Hana said as she fixed the strap of her purse on your shoulder.

“You forcing yourself into this company when it will never become yours.” She said with a cheerful smile, the elder shut his mouth.

“So, I suggest you stay out of my way.”

 

 

 

“Everything’s going smoothly.” Chanyeol commented as he joined his cousin by the outdoor bar, Rowoon nodded and looked around them. Saeyoon, Changmin’s fiancé had chosen the perfect venue and day for a garden party at a well-known hotel resort.

“Where’s Geon, hyung?”

“Oh, he’s still up in his room.” Chanyeol said, before Rowoon could speak a familiar face was padding towards them.

“Congratulations, noona!” Rowoon greeted Saeyoon with a hug, the girl chuckled and patted his back softly.

“I thought Jihye was going to be here.” She said just as Changmin joined them, Chanyeol glanced at the older male.

“Yes, she’s coming from work. She messaged me that she’s already on her way.”

“That’s good, your parents are here, I know they’ve been wanting to meet her.” Saeyoon said happily as Changmin wrapped one arm around her.

“Guests are slowly coming, how are you feeling, noona?” Chanyeol asked, Rowoon looked around them, his forehead creased for a brief moment.

“Changmin’s mother just suggested I should be pregnant before the wedding, just to get on with it.” Saeyoon stated, Chanyeol guffawed.

“Auntie really is one of the coolest women I know.”

“I don’t see Hana and~ Oh, they’re here.” Saeyoon said as a white Mercedes G65 pulled over, another white vehicle was behind it, an Audi A3.

“The Kangs and their fleet of white cars.” Chanyeol mused as Chani slid down from his vehicle, Eunjung’s smiling face appeared.

“Hana isn’t giving her a hard time, right?” Changmin asked, Rowoon shook his head.

“She actually likes her, hyung.”

“Hana never had a problem with getting along with others, it’s you three who have issues.” Saeyoon commented as Hana appeared, she was dressed in a mauve satin dress that hugged her curves well.

“Congratulations, unnie!” Hana broke into a smile as she hugged the girl, Chani greeted Changmin with a handshake.

“You look unreal, Han.” Saeyoon said, Hana shook her head, her eyes went to Chanyeol and she gestured for him to straighten his tie.

“Unnie, you’re the model, not me.” Hana said jokingly as the older girl hooked arms with her.

“Best wishes.” Eunjung said softly, Rowoon grinned at his friend, Hana shook her head at him.

“Thank you, Eunjung-ah. It’s nice to see you again.”

“Thanks for coming.” Saeyoon took the girl’s hand in hers and started pulling the two younger ones to their table. Changmin bumped fists with Hana before leaving them.

“I’ll go get Geon, the party’s about to start.” Chanyeol said, Hana nodded back at him as he walked towards the hotel.

“You look worried.” She said, Rowoon looked at her and puffed his cheeks.

“I was talking to Jihye yesterday, I mentioned that my parents are going to be here.” He said as he gently pulled her away from the crowd, Hana nodded as she walked with him, mindful of the soft grass under her heels.

“She…I saw her hesitate for a moment.”

“Hesitate?”

Rowoon exhaled before facing the girl.

“I think I might have scared her off.” He frowned; Hana chewed on her lower lip.

“Maybe she’s just worried that uncle and auntie won’t like her, that’s…normal, Rowoon-ah.” She said, Rowoon exhaled he just leaned down, waiting for the girl to hug him.

“You’re just overthinking, stop looking too much into it. Everything’s going to be fine.” Hana said as she wrapped her arms around him, or she tried to.

Rowoon exhaled, he pressed his nose against her hair before pulling away from her.

“I…I really want this to work, Han.”

“I know, and it will.” Hana said, she turned her head just as Jihye’s black BMW appeared by the curb.

“Go, your princess is here.”

 

 

 

Chani glanced at his girlfriend, he had an inkling that her neck was already in pain as she kept on staring at something behind them.

“What are you looking at?” Chani asked with a small smile as he nudged his shoe with hers.

“Them.” Eunjung pouted, Chani followed her gaze and he grew amused.

“Same.” Saeyoon let out a sigh, Chani blinked at the girl.

“Noona and Rowoon hyung? Why?”

“Just look at them.” Eunjung replied, Chani shook his head and took a small sip from his drink.

“Exactly.” Saeyoon sighed again as Rowoon made Hana hug him.

“They’ve always been just friends, what are you two talking about?” Chani chuckled just as Chanyeol and Geon joined them.

“Who? Those two?” Chanyeol asked, Saeyoon nodded at him.

“Wouldn’t things be so easy if they just…got together?” Saeyoon added, Eunjung exhaled and looked away from the two.

“Wouldn’t that be chaotic, noona?”

“Those two have always been just friends because that’s what they’ve labeled themselves as.” Chanyeol intervened, Chani paused, his eyes went to him. Geon had set off again and ran towards his grandparents.

“Then what about Jihye noona, hyung?”

“The girl who doesn’t want to be official with him?” Saeyoon rolled her eyes.

“Oh, so we’re openly hating on her now.” Chani murmured to himself, Eunjung grew amused.

“I don’t know if you realized this but,” Chanyeol said just as Jihye’s car eased into the property.

“Rowoon’s all okay for now, he’s the one with the girlfriend, she understands his friendship with Hana. But Hana’s not taken, that means he can just swing by her home or office without a care, even call her anytime.”

Saeyoon started to nod, ignoring the hotel staff who was trying to inform that she was needed to greet the guests who just arrived.

“He’s never tried how it will be once Hana is with someone.”

“You mean if Hana unnie gets a boyfriend?” Eunjung asked, Chanyeol nodded at her.

“That will drive him crazy, I’m willing to bet money on it.”

“You’re overreacting, hyung.” Chani stated but Saeyoon shook her head.

“He’s right. Rowoon..I noticed this for a while, he’s always been slightly possessive of her.”

 

 

 

Hana leaned back and let out a small yawn as the party went on, dinner had been served earlier and she opted to walk around for a bit.

She glanced back at their table, Rowoon and Jihye were chatting to themselves, her lips curled up.

“Rowoon’s parents will like her.” She murmured, and then she felt someone tap her shoulder. Hana turned and she paused.

“Unnie.” She broke into a grin, the girl laughed and nodded at her.

“This is very Kang Hana of you, always a few steps away from a party.”

“I just wanted some air, when did you get back, Jung Jaerin agasshi?” Hana said before hugging her.

“About two weeks ago? Abeoji called me back here for work. What else?” The girl let out a dramatic sigh, Hana nodded with a smile as the girl stood beside her.

“So, that’s Rowoon’s new flame?”

“New? They’ve been together for a while now.”

“It’s weird seeing him with another girl.” Jaerin said playfully, Hana ran her fingers through her hair.

“You and him would have made a very aesthetically pleasing couple~”

“Unnie, please.” Hana grimaced; the girl started to laugh.

“You grew up being teased with him, how cute. Don’t end up together, it’s a cliché.”

“Who’s going to end up together?” A masculine voice joined in, Hana paused and she turned her head, her brows went up in surprise.

“The younger brother is back in town too. I mean, this side of town.” Jaerin said with a grin as her sibling joined them, Hana’s forehead creased, and she looked away from him.

Jaerin glanced at the two and she hid her smile.

“Long time no see, Hana noona.” He greeted, Hana looked up to meet his gaze, there was a small polite smile on his face, she swallowed before taking his offered hand.

“Y—Yes, hi, Jaehyun-ah.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

i bet you guys didn't notice the story tags :>