030

I Want To Look At You

 

 

Hana stepped out of the closet and realized that her phone was ringing again, she picked up the device and looked at the screen.

“Chani,” She answered as she fixed her hair.

“Noona, I saw~”

“I know. But it’s a Sunday.” She sighed, Chani paused from the other side.

“They’re talking about you, noona. Isn’t the board meeting in a few days from now?”

Hana let out a shaky breath and she stared at her reflection.

“It is, but what can I do? It’s already out.”

“Noona, they’re lying about you. They’re…dragging your name into the mud. I was hoping you’d react more.” Chani sounded frustrated.

“Noona, your ability to calm down and reason out with yourself isn’t needed right now.” He added, Hana wanted to roll her eyes, but her brother had a point.

“I’ll deal with it tomorrow. Denying it right away would only add more flames to the fire.”

“If you’re going to accept interviews tomorrow, then expect nothing.” He replied, Hana stood up to grab a coat and her purse.

“What do you mean? You’re overreacting.” Hana murmured as she put on a pair of sneakers.

“Noona, Rowoon hyung’s been buying out every channel who spoke about you.”

The girl paused, her fingers hovered over the doorknob. Her lips quivered ever so slightly but she didn't say anything.

“He just bought the TV network that released the rumors about you, and two more are being threatened now. Even radio stations~”

“That’s not my problem. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Hana ended the call and tossed her phone back in her purse.

 

 

 

Rowoon was in the process of putting on one of his black shirts, his secretary was on speaker phone.

“Yes, we acquired the rights of the two stations you spoke of, sir. And, we already are looking for the reporter who sold this story to the news.”

"Make sure we have a name by tomorrow." Rowoon stated flatly.

"Yes, sir."

“Good, how about the documents regarding the transfer of stock and shares?”

“Everything’s been prepared, sir. The young miss’s position in the company has been announced. There were some questions, but it’s all been taken care of.”

Rowoon’s jaw clenched and unclenched as he picked up his denim jacket.

“It might happen next week. Make sure nothing will go wrong.”

“You mean, no one should get in her way, sir?” The secretary asked softly, the GM Motors executive’s forehead creased.

“I’ll take care of that.” He said before ending the call, he made his way down the living room and he heard a car pulling over outside. He saw Jihye making her way towards the front doors and Rowoon frowned.

The front doors opened and she saw him standing in the living room, she paused for a moment.

“Are…Are you going out?”

“Yes.” Rowoon replied as he picked up the car key, Jihye chewed on the insides of her cheeks before speaking.

“Where are you going?” She asked, she saw how Rowoon’s lips thinned and he shook his head.

“I have to go.” He tried to sidestep her, but Jihye held onto his arm.

“I saw the news this morning. You’re going to her, huh?”

“It’s urgent.” Rowoon remained stoic as he took a step back to face the girl.

“Rowoon, I drove here so that we could talk. Last night, I~”

“I just said I have to go.” Rowoon intervened, Jihye paused and she exhaled.

“We need to talk, Rowoon-ah.”

Rowoon looked at his wristwatch and shook his head.

“We have nothing to talk about.” He said as he finally sidestepped her, Rowoon reached the doors when Jihye spoke again.

“If you leave now, then I was never important you.” Jihye turned so that she was facing his back, the male stilled at her words.

“Our relationship is in shambles right now, and yet you choose to leave. So, I’m going to ask you this, Rowoon-ah.”

Rowoon faced her again.

“Who’s it going to be? Hana or me?”

His fingers latched onto the doorknob and he yanked the doors open.

“If you leave now, then we’re done.” Jihye stated in a shaky tone, Rowoon simply pulled the doors behind him and headed straight for his car.

 

 

 

“I have to say, your timing is very uncanny, son. But, good job.” Kim Moonho was smiling as he ate breakfast with his children. Mingyu grinned at his sibling, Minhee rolled her eyes as she glanced at the flat screen again.

“It’s normal for stock prices to go down, but this will make the board, and the directors who have decided to side with her to rethink.” The elder spoke again, with them was his secretary, a man in his forties and has been working with KangSan for quite a while.

And as more news came out regarding the KangSan young miss, he only grew more pensive.

“The old lady is coming home, of course, they will rethink.” Minhe added.

“Are you planning to kick her out the company? The vice chairman?” The male spoke, his boss nodded at him.

“Of course, what else?”

“Sir, you said you just wanted her not to take the chairman position. Kicking her out is impossible.”

“Why? Because she’s the granddaughter? She’s unfit to lead, might as well remove her.” Mingyu chimed in with a chortle.

“The young miss, you don’t know what she’s capable of, sir. And what her friends would do just to keep her on her spot.” The male said, Minhee rolled her eyes.

“Secretary Yeo, I doubt those GM brats will be able to intervene again. This is a KangSan problem. It’s not within in their power.” Kim Moonho shrugged, and then the TV screen suddenly went black. Minhee blinked, she grabbed the remote control and searched for other channels.

It was all black.

“Oh, something must be wrong with our connection, appa.” She commented, secretary Yeo grimaced and shook his head to himself.

“Before the next weekend, KangSan will be in our control. Just wait and see, children.”

Secretary Yeo could only glance at the TV again and he lowered his head.

“It’s already started.” He whispered to himself before excusing himself and leaving the room.

 

 

 

“Are you sure that going out is okay, noona? I mean, we can just call in and have some food delivered.” Jaehyun said as they stepped out of the house.

“No, it’s fine. If I keep on hiding, people will just think it’s true. And that I’m guilty over it.” Hana said, Jaehyun took out his car key.

“I know you’re not feeling that good, noona. I hope hanging out with me will help.” He said softly, Hana smiled at him.

“I’m sorry you had to see that mini breakdown, I just panicked when~” Hana halted when she heard the gates buzzed, and they were swinging open. A familiar Audi rolled into the property and her forehead creased.

Jaehyun followed her gaze and saw Rowoon sliding from the car, he saw how Rowoon paused briefly as his eyes went to him. But he diverted his gaze to Hana.

“Hyung,” Jaehyun said politely as the male reached him, Rowoon nodded back at the male.

“Han, are you okay?” Rowoon asked her, Hana chewed on her lower lip, but she looked at Jaehyun.

“Can you start the car? It’s quite hot today.” She said to him, her eyes not going to Rowoon. Jaehyun paused, but he nodded at the girl.

“Hana, come on.” Rowoon reached for her arm.

“I know we have some issues regarding work to talk about, we can talk about in my office tomorrow. Or yours, whatever works.” Hana finally replied, Rowoon stared at her incredulously.

“Is that what I am now? Work?” He questioned, Hana didn’t react, her eyes were on the flower bed behind him. Rowoon exhaled, he took her by the arm and pulled her back towards the house. They reached the foyer and Rowoon shut the doors behind him.

“Hana, I know you’re mad at me right now. But the news that just came out~”

“What do you want me to do? It’s already out, denying it is pointless. And it’s a Sunday, I’d like to rest.”

“You're resting? By going out with him?” Rowoon shot back, Hana finally met his gaze.

“Why? I can’t? It’s just a baseless rumor, it won’t kill me.”

“Am I being replaced now? We’re not in good terms, so you hang out with him?”

Hana slowly shook her head and crossed her arms, not wanting to answer.

“Hana, you know we have to talk this out.”

“Go home, Rowoon-ah.” Hana said to him.

“I chose you.” He suddenly blurted out, Hana met his gaze, confused.

“I~”

The doors opened and Jaehyun appeared.

“I think it’s time to go.” He said, his tone soft but firm. Hana nodded at him, she walked towards the male but Rowoon held onto her hand again.

“Hana,”

Hana stopped, Jaehyun’s eyes went to the taller male and his eyebrows grew knitted together.

“Just go, Rowoon-ah.” Hana shook his hand off, Jaehyun made way for the girl and they walked towards his car.

Rowoon heard the doors close behind him and he let out a shaky breath, he leaned his head back and closed his eyes.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++