042

I Want To Look At You

 

 

Hana calmly leaned down on her chair, her lips curled up slightly as her two secretaries spoke with the staff inside her office.

“Have a look, ma’am.”

Hana uncrossed her legs and took the iPad from the male, a man came into a view, he looked pale and shaken but he was facing the group of reporters who were waiting for him to speak.

“How amusing. Make sure it airs online too.”

She felt secretary Seo’s heavy gaze on her, Hana rolled her eyes before standing up.

“Vice president,” He said softly as he followed her to the windows.

“What do you expect me to do? Nothing?”

“Still, doing this…people might talk.”

“Talk? They’re already talking about me. Not just me, but everything and everyone I’m affiliated with.”

“And, that.” She pointed towards the discarded photos on the desk, secretary Seo grimaced.

“I always knew Minhee was that type of person, but to actually have Jihye work with her. That’s something. They’re both very brave,”

“This isn’t just because of director Kim’s daughter, huh?”

Hana’s crossed her arms and she exhaled.

“I would have been okay with those two attacking me if I was still with KangSan, but now, I’m not. They could badmouth me, put me in scandals, that would have been fine. ”

Secreatry Gu reached them, the older male sent him a look and he closed his mouth.

“But right now, I’m not KangSan. Whatever story they sell about me, that would affect GM Daewoo. They’re putting this company in danger, so, I have to act fast.”

“You’re protecting the young master.” Secretary Gu murmured; Hana chewed on her lower lip.

“He trusted me with this,” She looked around the office and shook her head.

“I should do something, right?” Hana shrugged, the two secretaries could only nod.

“But what happens to the Kims now?”

“I don’t care, let Rowoon handle it. He could have them thrown to the Bermuda Triangle, I don’t care.” She said with an excited smile as she headed for the doors. As soon as the GM Motors boss was out of the room, they all looked up from their laptops.

“That was…intense.” One of the staff loosened his necktie.

“You just witnessed Kang Hana lashing back.” Secretary Gu murmured as he looked at the man on the tablet again.

 

 

 

Chanyeol was gaping at the TV as the male continued to talk, images started to flash on the screen as he answered questions.

“Yes, it’s true. I got into a relationship with miss Eom Jihye about a year ago. At first, it was nothing serious. But, as we continued to see each other,”

“He’s her boss.” Chanyeol blurted out in realization.

“Yes, sir. He owns the publishing company miss Eom works at. Apparently, his wife caught him with another woman which is…well..miss Eom.” His assistant murmured quietly, Chanyeol chuckled and shook his head.

“His wife publicized everything, including their divorce. The wife must come from an influential family.”

“This….This is….Hana.” Chanyeol said under his breath, the other male looked at him curiously.

“It’s precise and doesn’t mention anyone else. It…It’s such a clean scandal. A critical hit, not just to Jihye, but the man too.”

“The young miss?”

"People will laugh at Jihye for saying all those bad things about Han, because now they find out that she’s the one who has been cheating.”

"I heard from young master Kim's secretary that if things continue to escalate this badly then director Kim Moonho and his son really might end up in jail."

"Well, if that's the only way to keep Haa safe, why not?"

"The young master must really be angry, huh?"

"It's his darling." The young executive grinned.

Chanyeol’s lips quirked up, then his phone started ringing, he saw Changmin’s name flashing on the screen.

“Hyung, I~”

“It’s Hana.”

 

 

 

Chani puffed his cheeks as he listened to the news, he was in his new office at KangSan and Eunjung had rushed over as soon as she heard everything.

“I’m confused, what’s going on?” She spoke.

“Hyung….Hyung did that.” Chani stated as the anchor spoke about KangSan’s director Kim Moonho’s alleged foreign bank accounts and slush funds files. They even spoke about him embezzling money from the company.

“And about that Kim Mingyu’s gambling issue too?”

“Yes, that’s all him. There’s an emergency meeting in an hour and I can’t reach him or my sister.” Chani mumbled.

“Rowoon oppa…he really would clear everything out in unnie’s way, huh?”

“Clear out? You mean, wipe out.” Chani shook his head and stretched his legs before him.

“But, your sister’s strategy of having that man admit about his infidelity with another woman is really smart. She attacked Eom Jihye and she would never be able to say that Hana unnie did it.”

Chani puffed his cheeks and nodded.

“What is she going to do with Minhee?”

“My sister, it’s quite terrifying to have her anger directed at you. What she did today, have the man say that he was having an affair with Jihye. It may not be obvious, but she’s never going to recover from this.”

“However, Minhee has been a thorn on her side for years, who knows what she’ll come up with.”

“Well, I hope she gets everything she deserves.” Eunjung smirked as she looked at the screen.

 

 

 

 

 

Hana was smiling as she stood across her two so-called cousins and their father, she was at the building’s lobby, waiting for her car to be brought around when the three marched up to her.

“I didn’t know you were visiting today, I would have asked them to prepare tea.” She said with a pleasant smile.

“You brat. Do you know what you just did? You could go to jail for this!”

Hana chuckled, she spotted Jihye by the doors and she met her gaze evenly.

“What did I do know?”

“You cannot kick us out of the company, it’s not even yours!” Her uncle bellowed, unbothered by how GM Motors employees were staring at him oddly.

“I did not do that. I don’t even work there anymore.” Hana laughed and crossed her arms, Minhee scoffed at her words.

“You? Why aren’t you hanging out with your new best friend? I thought you snakes have a pact or something.”

“You think you won? Everyone knows who you are. You’re a boyfriend stealer, Hana. You must have opened your legs so wide just so Rowoon would pick you.”

“Oh, sounds painful.” Hana’s reaction stunned her two secretaries, the girl was talking back.

“You will pay for his, Kang Hana. The world will find out just what kind of per~”

“Excuse me, don’t you have other things to say? It’s always the same, can you come up with other stuff? I mean, besides from the fact you three assume that I slept with the GM cousins. Let’s hear other things? Oh, how about that one time I caught Minhee trying to get close to Chanyeol oppa? You were throwing yourself at him. But then, you failed. He wouldn’t look at you. So, what did you do?” Hana moved forward and met the girl’s gaze evenly.

“You tried it on Rowoon next. How pathetic.” She cackled and pressed her palms together in glee, Minhee paled as the employees whispered among each other.

“Get away from us, you brat.” Mingyu pushed her back.

“Right you too, I just saw on the news. You love gambling so much, the police are already investigating you and uncle Moonho here. Whoa.” She hummed at him, Mingyu’s forehead creased.

“T—That was you?” Kim Moonho was shaking in anger.

“No. One of the GM boys that I slept with. You can ask them.” Hana nodded in reply, and then her uncle started to go for her neck.

“Lay your hands on her,”

The lobby grew quiet as a familiar face appeared in the crowd.

“And it won’t be just your house that’s going to disappear.” Rowoon’s jaw was set tightly as he moved forward, Moonho’s grip on Hana’s jacket tightened.

Hana looked at her friend, Kim Moonho snorted and looked the other male.

“If I were you, I really would let go.” Another voice chimed in, Changmin strolled through the crowd of employees with a playful smile.

“You think this is a game? I worked so hard for KangSan, I even put up with that crazy aunt of yours. And, now you want to take it away?”

“Those things you speak of, they are all my aunt’s. Not yours.” Hana shot back, Moonho’s jaw clenched and unclenched.

“He really should let go.” Chanyeol appeared, his eyebrows were knitted together as he looked at the scene before him.

“Can you even hear yourself? You and your children have been my family dry for years. You are nothing but a group of leeches!” Hana hissed, Minhee started to sob behind her father. Moonho was about to raise his hand at her, but the elder was shoved away from her. The man grunted in pain as Rowoon’s elbow came in contact with his chest, he staggered back a few steps and Mingyu caught him.

“This ends here. The three of you, you all will end here.” Rowoon said through gritted teeth as he stared down at them.

Chanyeol reached for Hana and pulled her away from them.

“You..You’ve always been blinded by her, Kim Rowoon. Even your girlfriend says so.” Minhee yelled at him, Hana stilled briefly.

“I admit that, but at least I was never blinded by other people’s money.” Rowoon replied, Mingyu snorted he was about to move forward when Changmin appeared from behind him and yanked him away from the back of his shirt. He tightened his grip and the younger male started to gasp for air.

“You better behave yourself; you touched his darling. And, we’re all still pissed over that. So, why don’t you,” Changmin pushed him towards the floor.

“Take your father and sister and leave the building.” He continued, he didn’t miss how Jihye was watching them a few meters away. He shook his head to himself.

“You’ll hear from our lawyers.” Mingyu threatened them as Minhee ran towards the doors.

“If you ever get to hire one.” Chanyeol winked at them, Mingyu helped his father towards the exit.

“Oh, right,” Hana cleared , Kim Moonho’s icy stare went to her.

“KangSan would like you to return all the money you embezzled and, as this company’s vice president, I’ll be suing for damages. Have a great day, thief.” Hana mused as security hauled them out of the building.

Changmin bumped fists with the girl, and the two older cousins walked away from them. Rowoon let out a shaky breath before facing the girl.

“I’m okay, Rowoon.” Hana said before he could react, Rowoon sighed before placing both of his hands on her shoulders.

“Are you okay?”

“Are you going to grab me by the neck too? Because, my back is starting to feel sore.” She said, Rowoon’s eyes narrowed briefly. Hana’s lips curled up slightly.

“It’s not like I can’t handle them, Rowoon. I’m fine.”

“Still, the news. And all those things they’re saying about you. Han, what~”

“I already cleaned up. Come on, let’s go up.”

Rowoon’s forehead creased and his lower lip quivered, Hana looked at him before slowly opening her arms.

“Rowoon, it really is fine. I fixed what I had to; you also did more for me. But, it’s fine.” Hana paused before speaking again.

“We’re fine.” She stated, Rowoon finally met her gaze.

“Why would I lie about this?” She added, the look on his face softened and his lips formed into a small smile. And then, as if forgetting that employees were still looking, he leaned down to kiss both of her cheeks.

“That’s good to hear, Han.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++