043

I Want To Look At You

 

 

Rowoon let out small chuckle before stepping away from the girl, his two older cousins were waiting inside the elevator.

Hana paused, she turned her head towards the doors, security were blocking her uncle and his two children from approaching the doors, but her gaze went to Jihye as the lady retreated away.

She was staring back at her, her eyes wide and jaw set. Hana chewed on her lower lip.

“W~”

“Han?”

Hana spun around, the three GM executives were staring back at her, waiting. Jihye followed the girl’s gaze before turning away from the scene.

“Yeah.” Hana murmured as she walked after them, Rowoon smiled and made room for her as she joined them inside.

“Hmm, intense, huh?” Chanyeol blurted before giving her hand a small squeeze.

“Thanks for being there, you guys.”

“No worries, although, it was pretty obvious you had it under control. Since when did Rowoon’s darling learn how to speak like that?” Changmin chuckled, Rowoon sent the older male a dry look.

“Well, I had no choice to be rude.”

“You should have done that a long time ago, Han. I mean, imagine how many times Minhee would have cried every day because~”

“Okay, okay, hyung. I think she gets it.” Rowoon murmured, the doors pinged open and the four stepped out, Hana glanced at him briefly, her lips pursed.

“Of course, mean Hana is what the world needs.” Changmin cheered, Chanyeol sighed at his cousin.

“And to think he is about to be married.” He murmured; Hana smiled before bumping fists with Changmin.

“I’ll be in my office, let me clean this up, okay?” Changmin said before leaving them, Chanyeol glanced at Rowoon for a few seconds.

“I’m going to go pick up Geon.”

“Drive safely, oppa.”

Chanyeol blew her a kiss before walking away from them, Hana exhaled before facing Rowoon.

“I know, you want to talk.”

Rowoon nodded back, he gestured for her to walk with him, Hana grimaced as they got inside the office.

“Look, I’m sorry I did that. But, I had to fix it, and I found out that she was working with Minhee. And then, I sort of lost it, and I had to protect you, because you gave me all these things and I didn’t know what~”

“Hana, what are you saying?”

 

 

 

Eunjung was staring at Chani as the male received reports from his sister’s secretary.

“So, this happened?”

“Yes, director Kim and his kids confronted the young miss earlier. It got messy, the young miss was lashing back and,”

“Rowoon hyung arrived?”

“Well, it’s safe to say that director Kim might need some professional help with his knee for some time.”

“Oh. Good for him.” Chani murmured as he turned away from his computer.

“What happens now? Are they…fired?” Eunjung spoke from the couch, Chani turned to her.

“Effective by tomorrow, yes.”

Chani nodded and he stood up, he loosened his tie before speaking.

“Will noona ever come back to KangSan, hyung?”

Secretary Seo paused, his forehead creasing.

“I think she will, vice president.”

“This company has hurt her so many times, that sometimes I doubt if she’ll ever step back here.”

“It’s not the company that crossed her, sir. It’s the Kims. And, the young miss isn’t dispirited by it.”

“Why? Did something happen?” Eunjung was excited, Chani smiled at her and waved her over.

“Yes,”

Eunjung reached the male, Chani wrapped one arm around the girl’s waist.

“The young miss was behind everything. Having that man admit his affair to the public, that alone effectively served as a warning to miss Eom. That if she does something again, the young miss would not hesitate to attack.”

“I still can’t believe that woman had the guts to claim that Hana unnie played her. All this time she was cheating on him.” Eunjung said in disdain.

“All we can do now is wait how this go, but you don’t have to worry about anything, vice president. I’m sure your sister already has a plan.”

“Yeah, and I hope she sorts out everything with Rowoon hyung.”

Secretary Seo grinned at his comment.

“I have a feeling they will, they always find a way back to each other.”

 

 

 

And then, I sort of lost it, and I had to protect you, because you gave me all these things and I didn’t know what~”

“Hana, what are you saying?”

Hana stilled and she could only stare back at him.

“I—I was talking about how there was a lot of bad press around me, and that it would affect your family’s company. Rowoon, that would affect~”

“Hana, it’s not like that. I don’t mind~”

“And, that was your ex-girlfriend I kind of just…took care of. I mean, the affair and the cheating~”

“Hana, darling, stop.” Rowoon placed his hands on her shoulders, Hana froze.

“It’s okay. I know you did what you had to.”

“But, Rowoon~”

“Han, the fact that people spoke bad about you and it was bad press. I knew you’d take care of it, and you know that GM would protect you. They can talk about it all they want, but, no one can ever touch you. And I mean it, no one.”

Hana’s forehead creased and she stepped away from him.

“And, not listening to you right away was one big mistake, Han. Thank you for cleaning that up for me.”

“I—I didn’t do anything, Rowoon.”

“You did do something.” He said as he walked towards the windows, Hana puffed her cheeks and stared at his back.

“Not being able to talk to you, not being able to reach you, that was….enough…enough cleaning up, Han.” Rowoon said softly, Hana frowned.

“I’m glad we’re fine now, Han.”

Hana walked towards him and playfully nudged his arm. Rowoon paused, he looked at her, still a little careful.

“I mean it, Rowoon. Stop acting weird.” She said, wanting to lighten up the mood. Rowoon stared back at her, his brows knitted together.

Hana scrunched her nose before stretching her hand to him, Rowoon’s lips curled up before pulling the girl to his chest.

“I missed you, Han.”

“I know.” She said with a light chuckle, Rowoon laughed and kissed the side of her head.

“Lunch doesn’t sound so bad now.” She mumbled, Rowoon nodded back at her.

 

 

 

“So, this means, we’re all good now, right? Because,” Chanyeol fidgeted on his seat, Geon looked at his father.

“It’s hard having to plan our usual lunch outs when, you know,” Saeyoon shrugged as she arrived with food.

Hana chuckled and winked at the older male, Chanyeol sighed at her.

“It wasn’t that bad, oppa.”

“Wasn’t that bad? Have you ever met Rowoon? Bad mood Rowoon? The whole floor didn’t know what do for weeks. Meetings were super stiff and no one knew how to approach him.”

“But, you could have just told him off. You’re his senior.”

Chanyeol blinked to himself, Rowoon took his seat and stared at the two.

“What’s up?”

“Oppa was being strange.” Hana informed him, Saeyoon plopped down beside Changmin.

“Chani’s running late, he probably went out with Eunjung.” Hana stated as she helped herself to a serving of stir-fried squid.

“How’s halmae, Han?” Changmin asked, Rowoon looked at Hana and took a small sip from his wine.

“She’s getting better, oppa. She’s also made a habit of taking small walks in the garden. She wants to invite everyone over for dinner.”

“That’s great, to celebrate the removal of the Kims in the company and of course, Kim Moonho’s injured knee.”

Rowoon sighed on his seat, Changmin heartily chuckled.

“Well, I think he deserves that. They all do.” Saeyoon stated with a roll of her eyes.

“So, since no one is ever going to ask this, and I hate not knowing things,” Changmin begun, Chanyeol started to wolf down his food, knowing what was coming next.

“Appa, eat slowly.” Geon murmured as he eyed his parent.

“Hyung, please,” Rowoon grimaced, Hana leaned back on her seat, knowing Changmin, she had to be prepared.

“What is going on between you two? Are you together? Or not? Or, is it back to normal? The usual Rowoon and Han thing?”

Hana paled and looked away, Chanyeol stood up from his seat and dashed out of the room.

“Appa doesn’t do well with awkward situations, Geon. Understand him,” Saeyoon patted the child’s hand.

“Because Rowoon has always been Hana’s, you know. Everyone kind of knows already, so, I just want to clarify. What’s the status here?” Changmin said with a chirpy smile.

“S—Status?” Hana stammered; she could feel Rowoon’s gaze on her.

“Exactly, because I’m getting old. And I’d like to know how to deal with you two. Do I have to meet you separately, or is it alright to~”

“Hyung, fine, fine, she knows I like her!” Rowoon hissed at his older cousin, Saeyoon’s eyes widened but she started to smile.

“You know what,” Hana put her napkin on the table.

“I’m just going to join Chanyeol oppa outside, maybe I’m like him and I’m not built for awkward situations too.” She said as she picked up her plate and waddled out of the room, she could feel heat rush up to her cheeks as she left.

“You.” Rowoon groaned at the older male, Changmin chuckled to himself.

“Come on, at least we know how she’ll react. Hana’s always so calm and collected, it’s frustrating.”

“Still, why would you do that to her?"  Rowoon sighed at his cousin.

“Don’t you also want to know what she thinks? Or how she feels?”

“Right now, no. I don’t want to rush her, hyung. Hana…Han can take all the time she needs, and I’ll wait for her.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++