017

I Want To Look At You

 

 

Saeyoon pursed her lips as she looked at her laptop’s screen, she heard Changmin step into the kitchen.

“It’s a Sunday, why are you working?” He mused as he shut the laptop close, the girl sighed at him.

“It’s just a few emails I have to check. What’s on our agenda today?” She asked as he got himself some water from the refrigerator.

“Chanyeol said he’ll be taking Geon to Everland today, he invited us but I had to decline.”

“Geon loves that place.” Saeyoon chuckled, Changmin started to make coffee.

“But, you mentioned how you saw Jaehyun at Hana’s office,” Saeyoon asked as she walked towards the stove.

“Yes, I did.”

“Do you think he’s trying to win her back again?” Saeyoon was grinning as she faced her fiancé.

“If it’s not that, then I don’t know what it is.” Changmin replied as he stretched his arms.

“And, you’re okay with that?” Saeyoon asked as she crossed her arms.

“I’ve always been okay with him, you know that. I just want that girl to be happy and safe. She’s family to us.”

“So, I’m confused, who…who didn’t like him? Because, I do recall..” Saeyoon scratched the back of her head, Changmin started to chuckle as he poured coffee for the both of them.

“It’s not that he didn’t like him, it was simply because he didn’t get along with him.”

“Who?”

“Rowoon.” Changmin shrugged as he took a sip from his cup, Saeyoon slowly nodded back.

“Those two got in a fight, huh?” Changmin mused.

“I think so,” Saeyoon murmured as she glanced at the photo that was taped on their refrigerator, the whole squad was there. Hana was seen smiling to the camera while Rowoon and Chanyeol were goofing around at the back. The girl had her arms around Saeyoon as Changmin held onto the camera for them.

He can’t live without Hana.

Can he even let her go?

 

 

 

“Vie chairman, are you sure you’ll be okay?” Secretary Gu asked worriedly as they waited for their bags, his boss had been so quiet ever since yesterday and it irked him.

Hana nodded back, the male spotted their bags and immediately grabbed them. Hana moved along with a worried secretary Gu right behind her.

“I know this is a very difficult time for you and your brother, Hana. And, your grandmother informed me of her promise to you,”

“Doctor, please just say it.”

“It’s cancer, vice chairman. That’s why, the chairman called for a meeting right after her diagnosis, lawyer Moon was there as well.”

“Is..Has it gone that bad?”

“If the medicines work, maybe..she’ll be granted a couple of more months, vice chairman. But nothing is certain, I suggest that the family be ready.”

Hana almost tripped on her own feet, she felt secretary Gu reached for her arm.

“Vice chairman,” He said, Hana let out a shaky breath and shook her head at him.

“About the car arrangements, ma’am. We didn’t get to discuss it last night, I was about to call the house earlier this morning, but the young master insisted that he fetch you.”

Hana didn’t react, she just nodded back. Secretary Gu chewed on his lower lip, he knew something was wrong, ever since her chat with her grandmother and the two other men from yesterday, his boss had been forlorn. She didn’t even eat anything during the flight.

Also, he had a feeling that the vice chairman and young master Kim weren’t exactly on speaking terms.

“For tomorrow, can you have the KI Group report forwarded right away?” Hana asked, her voice was barely audible.

“Yes, ma’am.”

Hana moved forward but she paused when a familiar silhouette appeared by the arrivals exit.

“By young master, I meant vice president Kim, ma’am.” Secretary Gu murmured, expecting for her to be annoyed at him. But the girl didn’t react as Rowoon walked towards them.

“Hana,” Rowoon paused when he saw the look on her face, the girl’s eyes went to him.

“Hey,” She said as he stood before her, but the tone of her voice made Rowoon paused for a moment.

“C—Can I take you home?” He said softly, Hana met his gaze before giving him a nod.

“Han?” Rowoon said again, he saw how her forehead creased as she in her cheeks, he sighed before wrapping his arms around the girl.

“You’re home now. Things will be alright.” Rowoon whispered as he kissed the top of her head, Hana closed her eyes briefly before pulling away from him.

“The car’s waiting outside. Let’s go get something to eat.” He said with a small smile before pulling her with him.

 

 

 

Mingyu was smiling as he looked at his phone, waiting for the person on the other line to pick up his call.

“Oppa, are you sure about this?” Minhee asked him, the two were in the living room.

“What if appa won’t like it?”
“Won’t like it? This will put that on the spotlight. People will finally know the reason behind her parents’ death.”

“You’re just pissed that Rowoon got to you.” Minhee pointed to her left eye, she was joking about her brother’s bruise.

“This is nothing, Hana can’t be president, Minhee. If she takes over, then we’re done for. Plus, we can’t risk it.”

“Risk, what?”

“What if that lady comes back? For sure, she won’t take our father’s side.”

“Oppa, she married our father. She’ll take his side.” Minhee reasoned, Mingyu shook his head at her.

“Once we remove Hana from her seat, we take everything back. Let’s have her kicked out of that mansion she’s living in. It was supposed to be ours anyway.” Mingyu said, and then his call was finally answered.

“Hello?”

Mingyu grinned and grabbed his phone from the desk, Minhee watched as her brother walked towards the windows.

“Reporter Joo, are you busy?”

Minhee shook her head and leaned back on the couch.

“I have something for you, and I assure you that it’s going to be a big story.”

Mingyu chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Why don’t we meet tonight? I’d like you to hear the story of how the previous KangSan vice chairman and his wife died. And the reason behind it.”

 

 

 

Hana climbed into the Range Rover and settled down comfortably, she gave Rowoon’s secretary a quick nod as the male started the car.

“Have you eaten?” Rowoon asked as the vehicle started to move.

“I wasn’t hungry.” She replied, her tone void of any emotion, Rowoon nodded back and glanced at his friend. He knew that something was bothering her, he could feel it. But it was always best not to push Hana to talk about it.

“You didn’t tell me you were going to Jeju. I got worried.” Rowoon said softly, Hana simply nodded back.

The two sat in silent as the drive continued, Rowoon kept his eyes on the window while chewing on his lower lip. And then his brows went up, he turned his head to Hana and he halted. Hana had both of her palms pressed against her face as her shoulders trembled ever so slightly.

“Pull over,” Rowoon spoke, his secretary nodded and started to shift lanes.

“Han,” Rowoon inched closed to the girl, he could hear her sobbing. The car came to a full stop and his secretary stepped down from the wheel.

“Darling, what’s going on?” He said worriedly as he tried to pull her hands away from her face.

Hana put her palms down, and she faced him.

“Han, what’s wrong?” Rowoon asked as he cupped her cheek and gently wiped her tears with his thumb.

“Rowoon-ah, h—halmae…halmae’s sick.” She breathed, his forehead creased.

“And..it’s not looking good, that..that’s why she rushed her retirement. She’s sick, and..all this time I didn’t know, because…because I’ve been trying to avoid her.” She stammered as she broke into sobs again.

“Hana,” Rowoon exhaled and pulled the girl to his chest.

“If only..If only I wasn’t being a brat about taking over, I would..have found out sooner. I would have been there when she went through her chemotherapy…But I wasn’t, because she knew how I felt. Halmae, didn’t want to scare me. And..the doctors told me that..four months…four months is already the longest..” She trailed off and let out a shaky breath.

Rowoon simply wrapped his arms around the girl.

“I should have been there for her, Rowoon-ah. I should have held onto her hand; it must have been so painful.”

“Hana, I’m so sorry.” Rowoon murmured as he kissed the side of her head.

“Have you told to Chani yet?” He asked, Hana pulled away him from him and shook her head.

“I…I don’t know how to.” She looked at her palms, Rowoon could see the frown on her face.

“I don’t know what to do, Rowoon. Chani…Chani’s always been really close to her, this..this is going to destroy him.” She swallowed as she pressed her head against the seat, Rowoon sighed and nodded. He gently took her hand in his and kissed the back of her palm.

“We’ll drive to my place, let’s eat there.”

“I brought tangerines for everyone.” She mumbled as Rowoon called for his secretary, he nodded and smiled at her.

“Thanks for picking me up.” She continued, Rowoon simply held onto her hand as the car started to move again.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++