025

I Want To Look At You

 

 

The car eased into the business complex parking lot, Jihye glanced at Rowoon again.

“Rowoon-ah, I’m sorry about earlier. I was just worried that~”

“We don’t have to talk about it.” Rowoon quipped as he put the car on park, Jihye chewed on her lower lip.

“We’re…okay, right?” She asked softly, she noticed how Rowoon didn’t even look at him as they spoke.

“Yes.” Rowoon said, but then his forehead creased.

“Is everything alright with Hana?” She carefully asked.

“No. Aren’t you going up yet?” Rowoon exhaled as he drummed his fingers on the wheel, Jihye chewed on her lower lip, she reached for the door and pushed it open.

“I’ll see you at the party?”

“I’ll pick you up.” Rowoon stated, Jihye slid down from the car and the BMW sped away from her. The girl sighed as she walked towards the building and got inside the lobby, she took out her phone and browsed through her contacts.

“Hana told his cousins.” She said to herself as she tried to call her, but the line went dead before it could even ring.

“And the blocked me.” Jihye snorted as she got inside the elevator, her forehead creased and she crossed her arms.

She hated how Rowoon was distracted, he was never like that with her. But now, he was impatient, distracted and he even pushed her away earlier.

And it was all because of Hana. This was probably one of her tricks, this was Hana rubbing it in her face that she had control over everything.

Jihye chuckled and smirked.

“He will choose me.”

 

 

 

“What was that, noona?” Jaehyun asked as they stepped out of the restaurant, she turned to him.

“What?”

“I didn’t want to seem like I’m intruding but, did something happen? From earlier,”

“Oh.” Hana shook her head and pulled her purse closer to her.

“It’s nothing, well, not really nothing,” She murmured as they went down the steps, she felt Jaehyun’s hand on her back and she spoke.

“We had disagreement, Rowoon and I haven’t been speaking to each other for a while.”

“Oh, that’s why he seem..bothered.” Jaehyun’s forehead creased briefly as he looked at the girl but Hana seem unbothered.

“Don’t mind him. anyway, thanks for lunch.” She said as they made their way back to his car, Jaehyun nodded back.

“It’s going to be a busy week for you, huh, noona?” He asked her, Hana was about to reply when they were suddenly surrounded by three of his men. Jaehyun’s eyes went to them and his eyebrows rose.

“It’s urgent, sir.” One of them said, his voice low but even Hana could see that the male was on edge.

“Where?” Jaehyun spoke, Hana felt Jaehyun’s fingers around her wrist, and then he glanced around them.

“It’s happening downtown as we speak. What should we do?” Another replied, Hana chewed on her lower lip and then Jaehyun faced her.

“Noona, I’m sorry but will it be okay for them to drive you back to your office?”

“Actually, I can call a cab and you don’t have to~” Hana stopped when Jaehyun shook his head and handed his car key to one of his men.

“They’ll take you back to your office, noona. I’m sorry this has to happen.”

“It’s fine. You have a different kind of busy, I get it.” She blurted out, the three mafia men looked at her, a little surprised at her choice of words. But Jaehyun’s lips curled lightly, he reached out to gently cup her cheek.

“I’m glad you do.” He said, and then he turned to his men.

“Keep her safe.” He stated before walking away from them, Hana watched as Jaehyun got inside a waiting SUV and it sped away.

“So, basically, it’s not good to get on your boss’s bad side, huh?” Hana asked as they walked to the Maserati, the guards looked at each other.

“Y—Yes, young miss.”

“Cool.”

 

 

 

“You don’t have to drive me to the airport tomorrow, noona. You still have to prepare for the party.” Chani said as he dumped a couple pairs of jeans onto his bag. Hana was sitting by his desk and watched him pack.

“Should I just ditch this thing?”

“The thing you’re referring to is the SongAm event, the very thing eomma help start year ago.” Chani pointed out, she sighed at him.

“What’s the matter, anyway? You never had any problems going to the ball. Isn’t auntie Heesoo part of the board still?”

At the mention of Rowoon’s mother, she pursed her lips.

“She is, she also checked in to ask what I was going to wear. I think she…thinks that Rowoon and I are going together.”

“You’re not?” Chani paused, he was in the process of fixing his charging wires.

“Jaehyun asked if I wanted to go together.”

“Oh.” Chani started to grin, Hana sighed at him.

“It’s not like that.”

“Oh, it’s definitely like that, vice chairman.” Chani was chuckled deeply as he began folding his shirts, she rolled her eyes at him.

“Well, I don’t know. I don’t want to know right now.” She waved him off, Chani grinned to himself before facing his sister.

“What’s holding you back, noona? That hyung is serious about you.”

“I never really took boys seriously, brother. That’s why I’m..I don’t want to hurt anyone.”

“Boys.” Chani shuddered, Hana laughed at his reaction.

“Well, whatever you decide on, noona. I’m right behind that.”

Hana nodded back at him, she was fiddling with her bangle when Chani spoke again.

“Right, hyung called earlier.”

She looked at him questioningly.

“He mentioned this thing you talked about years back. Regarding the company,” Chani said as he sat down on the sofa, Hana paused but she nodded for him to continue.

“He just called in to inform me that you guys have switched some shares and company stock. So now, noona you’re holding his shares of GM Daewoo and GM Motors, and he’s part of KangSan, effective next Monday.”

“Right, we..talked about this before. Thanks for telling me.”

“So, hyung holds your shares now.”

“Yes.”

“So, you’re a GM Motors part owner now.”

“Only for a couple of months. Yes.” Hana shrugged, wanting to change the topic. Chani’s brows rose.

“And, why couldn’t he just call you about this? Why did he have to go through me?”

Hana stilled and she scrunched her nose.

“Noona, just what is going on? What could possibly drive a wedge between you two?” Chani sighed at her as he zipped his bag.

“It’s~”

“It’s not nothing, noona.”

Hana’s lips thinned and she looked away from him.

“Can I take a wild guess?”

“No.”

“It’s his girlfriend, huh?”

Hana didn’t react, Chani exhaled and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Actually, noona, there’s something I wanted to talk to you about.”

“What is it?” Hana leaned back on the chair, Chani his lips before speaking.

“A couple of months ago, I saw Jihye noona with~”

“Another man?” Hana finished his sentence and that stunned the youngest Kang.

“H—How do…Did you also~”

“I saw her. Twice.” She said as she stood up from the chair, Chani could only stare at his sibling.

“So, did you ever tell Rowoon hyung about it?”

“He knows. And, I don’t want to talk about it. I’ll go check on dinner.” She said as she left the room, Chani shook his head before muttering to himself.

“Hyung would usually take her side, what’s going on?”

 

 

 

Rowoon loosened his tie as he wheeled away from his desk, he checked the time on his Omega wristwatch and realized that the day was about to end. He drummed his fingers on his lap as his eyes landed on his phone.

The doors softly opened, and the GM Motors executive looked up as his secretary walked in.

“You wanted to discuss something, sir?”

“I already told you about KangSan, right?”

“Yes, sir. What about it?”

Rowoon chewed on his lower lip, he shut his laptop close before continuing to talk.

“Have someone keep an eye on Kim Mingyu and his sister, check every single transaction their father has had over the past six months.” Rowoon stated, the male nodded back.

“Then, does this mean that the young miss is to take over, vice president?”

“Yes, next week. And I don’t want anyone touching her. Have lawyer Yoon on call too. I have a feeling it’s about to get really messy in KangSan.”

“Is this about the shares?” He asked politely, Rowoon nodded back.

“I have to make sure she’s strong enough to take them on, they’re going to try attacking her with KangSan shares, and they’re going to argue that she already has too much.”

“But there’s only two of them, wouldn’t it be natural for her and the young master to inherit everything?”

“Exactly, but I’d rather have Hana safe. Have the papers ready by tomorrow, I already talked to Chani about this.”

The male nodded and he was dismissed, Rowoon puffed his cheeks and he stood up. He went on to grab his coat and phone.

He made his way towards the elevator and waited for the doors to open, he felt his phone vibrate in his coat pocket and he took it out.

Jihye

His forehead creased briefly, and he put the phone back in his coat pocket.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++