020

I Want To Look At You

20XX

 

 

 

Hana stretched her arms as she leaned back on her chair again, she glanced at the window just a few desks from her and yawned. They still had the last period for self-study and all she wanted to do was self-annihilate because of boredom. She leaned on her desk and poked the person in front of her with a pencil.

“Hey,”

The male turned and blinked at her.

“What?” Rowoon mouthed back.

“Let’s get fishcakes after this.”

“I don’t want to.” He shot back, Hana drew a star at the back of his uniform.

“Hey!” He protested.

The teacher shushed them, the girl chuckled and went back to reading her notes.

“But you always get rashes after eating those.” Rowoon murmured as he silently turned to face her again.

“But we had ricecakes yesterday and ramen the day before that. We should have that today.”

“Are your parents making you go to the SongAm event?” Rowoon asked her, the girl dramatically rolled her eyes.

“I volunteered to babysit Chani, but they declined.”

“Want to go with me?”

“We are going to see each other there, Kim Rowoon.” She said pointedly, there was a soft chime heard from all around the room and she grinned as other students stood up from their seats.

“I know, but let’s go together. I need to be fitted for a suit too.” Rowoon said as he stood up, he took Hana’s backpack and they walked towards the classroom’s doors.

“They’ve been badgering me about college applications.” She commented as they went down the stairs, Hana had one arm looped around his.

“Same. Which school are you applying to? Can I come?” He said as they headed for the school gates.

“You asked me to fill up your forms last week, I already did.” Hana blinked at him, the two crossed the street.

“What school did you put in?”

“I left it blank. Why would I fill that up?”

“But you said~”

“A school of your choice, you didn’t tell me that yet.” She pointed out as they approached a food stall.

“Which school are you going to apply for?” Rowoon asked as he took out his wallet.

“Why? Are you going to stalk me there?” She said dryly, Rowoon nodded back.

“Yeah.” He answered right away as he started to eat, Hana sighed and shook her head.

“Sticks like gum.” She murmured as she picked out a fishcake, Rowoon grinned and briefly rubbed his cheek on the side of her head.

“College won’t be fun without your grumpy self, Han.” He said teasingly as the girl finished her fishcake and fiddled with the stick.

“I might just stab you with this.” She shot back, Rowoon chuckled and let the girl enjoy her food.

 

 

 

Hana pressed her phone against her ear.

“Where are you, daughter?”

“I’m out with Rowoon, eomma. I needed some things for a school project, I’ll be home by dinner.”

“Oh, I was worried you went out alone. Your father was right, you went with Rowoon.”

Hana glanced over her shoulder, Rowoon was in the process of paying for his items, while the female customers in the bookstore were staring at him.

“Yes, we’ll be grabbing lunch in a bit. Do you still need me to swing by the office? Halmae said something about saying hi to her friends.”

“I don’t think you have to. Invite Rowoon to dinner, I made his favorites.”

“What about my favorites?” Hana grimaced when Rowoon pressed his ear against the other side of her phone.

“Have you eaten, auntie?” He asked, the lady from the other end laughed.

“I already ate, you two should be eating by now.”

Rowoon laughed and gestured for Hana to walk with him, Hana bid her mother goodbye and put her phone back in her purse.

“I heard about Chanyeol oppa…and…new addition to the family.” Hana said as they left the bookstore, Rowoon paused and nodded.

“Is he still alive?” Hana asked, the male laughed.

“Uncle was really angry, but I think he softened when they heard that it was going to be a baby boy.”

“A boy? Wow.” Hana nodded along.

“Hyung wants to get married right away, but Joohee noona doesn’t seem to like the idea.”

“They’re both still in college, I think I know why she isn’t agreeing to that yet.” Hana shrugged as they got in escalator, she quickly leaned over to fix the collar of his shirt before continuing.

“With oppa graduating in a bit, he already has a lot on his plate. He also started working with your family’s company, huh?”

“Hey, if I ever get a girl pregnant, would you raise the child with me?” Rowoon asked, Hana halted.

“What?”

“You know. A baby needs to be raised. Right?”

“How about the girl you got pregnant? Can’t she raise it with you instead? Why drag me to your problems?”

“Hey, a baby is not a problem. A baby is a gift.” Rowoon stated as they got off the escalator, people started to glance at them, Hana winced and padded away from the male.

“You should help me raise the child, Han.” Rowoon jogged after her.

“A baby is not a problem. You are.” Hana groaned at him before going into the restaurant.

“So, you’ll help me, right? I mean, come on, Han. It’s me.” Rowoon said happily as he pulled the chair for her.

“So, what if it’s you?” She said dryly.

“I’d choose you anytime, you should choose me too.” Rowoon reasoned as he sat down in front of her.

“We aren’t even out of high school yet and now you’re thinking of getting a girl pregnant?” Hana shook her head and looked at the menu.

“But, what if?”

“I’d rather wear Air Jordans than have this conversation.”

 

 

 

Hana hopped down the staircase with familiarity and showed herself to the kitchen, she paused when she saw a familiar figure by the fridge.

“Oppa,”

Changmin smiled before giving the girl a quick hug.

“I thought you were in Japan for work.”

“I got home last night. Do you need anything from the fridge?” He asked, Hana jutted her lips towards the bottle of grape juice.

“I couldn’t sleep at the house, eomma was remodeling my room and the guest room has been untouched for years.” Changmin mused as he opened the bottle for her.

“You have other classmates over?”

“It’s for a project, Rowoon is with them upstairs. How’s Saeyoon unnie?”

“She’s always busy. Blech.” He shuddered, and then they heard footsteps from behind them.

“Uhm, H—Hana, Rowoon said we should all go down to eat.” The girl spoke, Changmin looked at her and his eyes went to Hana.

“We should, Rahee. Where are the others?” Hana leaned on the counter, she felt Changmin nudging her and she ignored him.

“I was hoping if I could talk to you.” Rahee replied, her eyes went to Changmin briefly.

“Oh, he was just leaving.” Hana grinned and started to shoo the older male, Changmin rolled his eyes before going up to the second floor.

“People from our class keep on telling me that it’s fine and that…nothing is wrong with what I’m about to do. But I really need to hear it from you.” Rahee said as she sat on one of the stools.

“Okay. What?” Hana asked, a little confused. She tried to reach for a glass from the cupboard and sighed to herself.

“You and Rowoon. You guys are just friends, right?”

“Oh. Oh!” Hana started to chuckle.

“Yes, we are just friends. I’ve known the tall freak since I was a baby.” She offered, Rahee let out a small rueful smile.

“I just wanted to ask you that, because..I’ve been meaning to invite Rowoon to a movie. And I’m worried that it might not~”

“Rahee, it’s alright. I know people talk about us. But Rowoon is a friend to me, that’s all.” Hana mused at her, Rahee let out a sigh and nodded.

“Thanks, Hana.”

“Don’t mention it.” Hana said as she tried to reach for the cupboard again.

“I called for some Chinese food; it will be here in a few minutes.” Rowoon walked in with two of their classmates, Rahee straightened up on her seat.

“Rowoon, glass.” Hana said, the male nodded and got her a cup.

“What were you two chatting about?” Rowoon asked as he opened the fridge.

“Nothing.” Hana replied and smiled at Rahee.

“Right, Han, we should watch the new Marvel film that came out the other week.” Rowoon said as he got himself some chips.

“I’m busy, how about you ask Rahee to join you?” Hana asked, Rahee paused from her seat. Rowoon glanced at Rahee as he opened the bag of chips.

“How about we all go after this?” He said to their two other classmates, Hana mentally sighed.

“I’m in.” Sunho said as he helped himself to some chips.

“So, Rahee? You joining us?” Rowoon said as he sat down across the girl.

“Sometimes, I just want to,” Hana murmured as she walked towards her friend and tried to wrap her hands around his neck. Rowoon blinked at her and offered her a chip.

“I’m going upstairs. Call me when the food’s here.” She took the chip from him and left.

 

 

 

“Ice cream?” Hana repeated as she plopped down on the bed, her younger brother was on the other line.

“Yes, noona can you buy some on your way home? Eomma won’t let me get some earlier.”

“You went with eomma to the grocery?”

“I did. She only let me get those animal shaped cookies. Boring.” Chani prattled on, Hana nodded with a laugh.

“I’ll get our young master ice cream on the way.”

Chani cheered before ending the call, Hana exhaled and put her phone down, she turned over and was lying on her stomach as she went through the car magazines from Rowoon’s bedside table.

“Wow, you needed to recharge from all that human interaction?”

Hana didn’t even glance at the voice, she just continued to read.

“How are you busy today? You don’t do anything on weekends.” Rowoon said as he walked to the windows, to check if the food was already being delivered.

“Yes. But Rahee wanted to watch the movie too.”

“Well, I said we all should watch. Come on, Han, you’re wearing a skirt.” He sighed at her as he picked up the throw blanket on the couch.

“I heard that. But, oh my god, how dense can you get?” She sighed as Rowoon put the blanket across her lower body.

“What? You don’t want to watch the movie with me? Yeah right.” He rolled his eyes and sat down on the couch.

“No, Rahee wants to watch the film with you. Just you.” She pointed out as she put the magazines away, Rowoon paused and tilted his head at her.

“Remember how she was being mean to me? She was thinking I’m in the way.”

“In the way of what?”

“She wants to ask you out. Do I need to spell out everything?” She sighed as she sat up and leaned against the pillows.

“Ah.” Rowoon said and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Well? She’s pretty. And, she plays volleyball really well.” Hana said to him, Rowoon stood up and walked to her.

“Come on, no use hiding here, Han.” He stretched one hand to her.

“Give her a chance, you always say no to girls who ask you out.” She said as she let the male pull her.

“I want to be the one to ask them out, not the other way around.” Rowoon said to her, she rolled her eyes at him.

“You said that to Jena when she confessed to you.”

“It still works, right?” Rowoon asked as they stepped out of his room. Hana sighed at him and they went down the steps.

“You have to be nice to her, because she’ll be mean to me again.”

“If she’s mean to you, why do I have to be nice to her?” Rowoon said as they reached the last step.

“I make sense, huh?” Rowoon said proudly.

“Get lost.”

“This is my house.”

“Your parents love me more.” She pointed out as she headed for the kitchen, Rowoon chuckled and hopped after her.

“True.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++