7th night

ByulYi

Yongsun's auntie Krystal passed out. The older cousin of her mother. Her autie didnt get married. She grew old alone. Died alone. 

The doctor said she died naturally because of depression. Yongsun felt sadness even though she is not that close wuth her auntie. 

Yongsun looked at her auntie who is peacefully laying down on a white casket. You can see that she is old but she still got her natural beauty. 

Yongsun cried for her auntie because she didnt share her pain to someone. Why ? 

Auntie Krystal? Why did you choose to be alone ? 

After that , Yongsun went inside her auntie's mansion . The curtains was thick and it doesnt let the sunshine in. Yongsun opened the curtain but it only let few lights in . 

In her auntie Krystal room Yongsun felt the pain that her auntie felt. The room is the darkest part of the house. She opened the curtain and window. She felt the cold breeze of the wind. She sat on the bed and saw a notebook under a pillow. When she took it she saw that it was a diary. 

Auntie is writting in a diary ?

She opened the diary in the first page and started to read what's written in it :

I csnt forget this day. Its christmas eve. I met Minhyuk. Im 17 and he's 18. He's the son of my father's friend. I can't explain why but I feel comfortable around him. Why cant I ? He's handsome, gentleman , educated and kind. Our eyes met , he went to me and asked me to dance. Hay.. Its look like the time has stopped for the both of us. Every second means eternity. But of course , the night end. I hope to see him again. 

Her Auntie Krystal doesnt write everyday. She only wrote important things that happens to her life. Mostly about the boy named Minhyuk. 

I met Minhyuk again. He visited me in our house in christmas. My parents gladly accepted him to come inside because they already know him . When they left us alone, we talked and get to know each other. I learned many things about him. He's the only child. His mother died gaving birth to him . His father focused taking care of him alone. I found out something about him too. Aside from his activeness, i cant stop thinking if he's sick. He's so pale, the thing i didnt found out yesterday . 

I asked him to come to the garden and look at the different roses that i planted. His favorite is red. He asked me if he could take one. I said yes. He put it at the bac of my ears. I felt that i was red as a tomato when he did that. I cant forget this day because of this memory and the birth of jesus. 

Yongsun saw the dried petals of the rose. The red petals turned into brown ones. Yongsun flip the page :

This day Minhyuk confessed to me. I thanked god that the day i've been waiting for has come. I told him that i loved him too. We only know each other in a short period of time. But we cant stop our hearts that are meant to be for each other. 

We hugged. I can hear his hearbeat. Im sure my parents will be glad to hear the good news. I heard them say they like Minhyuk for me many times. Im thankful to the god who made and gave me this happiness i feel now. 
Everything is perfect, i cant wish for more. 

Yongsun cant help but cry in the middle of the story. Her auntie Krystal felt happiness for once. But why did everything change into sadness . Who took her happiness to her ? 

Minhyuk , where is he ? Did he left auntie? Did he found someone else ? 

Yongsun looked at the next page :

Days passed and our parents planned our wedding . We're about to live our lives together as a married couple. It was the best day of my life but I saw Minhyuk throw up some blood. I asked him if he's sick . He just shrugged his shoulders. I was worried because he passed out in front of me. He was now rushed to the hospital. I hope nothing bad will happen to him. 

Yongsun was sad to hear what happened to Minhyuk . She hoped that nothing bad happened to the boy that her auntie Krystal loves. She flip the next page . There's a date but only one word was written . The same for the next pages. 

Yongsun thought that her auntie want to write something but she cant . Did something happened ? The next page has something written on it but the ink that her auntie used to write is mixed with tears : 

Minhyuk died. My love is now gone! These past few days i want to write but i cant. I cant write the pain Minhyuk felt. Im just there beside him. I cant watch him suffering . Im also right there when he gave up. It hurts. Why did you gave him to me and take him back again?! I have so many questions , lord. Why ? 

The person that her auntie loves died. It was the most painful of all even though she didnt felt it yet. Her auntie Krystal cant forget about him and until now she still love him. If fate made a tragedy , you cant do anything to change it ? 

Yongsun wiped her tears she's sad but she need to think about the bright side . Maybe now her auntie Krystal is happy with Minhyuk in heaven. Yongsun is sure that they met and happy now. 

Yongsun looked at the diary. Its not done yet. There's still many thing written in it. When Yongsun flip the next page the door opened.

"Yongsun ! I've been searching for you! Come on, your parents are calling you ! We're going home now." Its her nanny. 

Yongsun closed her auntie Krystal's diary and hid it . She hid it until they went home. She's still curious about the life of her auntie after Minhyuk died so she took the diary home. She hid it under her pillow. Its just there, waiting for the other secrets and story to be read. 

A few minutes passed she lost her thoughtabouth the diary. She has so many homeworks to do and she also thinks about Byul