Chapter 27

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

Yubin went to the stable.

“Hi, Zeus” she caressed the horse. “Do you mind if I ride on you? I miss riding you” she smiled and installed a saddle on its back. After made several check on Zeus condition, she climbed onto it. She rode it across the wide field in front of Grandma’s cottage.

“Giddy up, cowgirl!” Jihoon shouted while approaching the fenced field. He leaned against the fence while watching her. Yubin made Zeus stopped in front of Jihoon. “Want to ride it?” she asked. He shook his head. “No. I’m afraid I’ll fall”

“I’m here. You’ll never fall” she voiced. He smirked and narrowed his eyes at her. “You sure I’ll never fall?”

“Of course. Yubin had been riding for years” Grandma approached them. “You can trust her, Jihoon” They turned to Grandma with smile. “Trust Yubin? I’ll try then” Jihoon turned to Yubin. “Really? Go get Lyra” she instructed. “Never mind then. I don’t want to ride” Jihoon suddenly gave up and raised his hand in the air as a sign he surrendered.

“Scaredy-cat aren’t you, Jihoon?” Grandma teased. “I’m not. Just not enough bravery in me” Jihoon replied, not wanting to defeat to Grandma’s tease. “Ride with her then” Grandma nodded to Yubin. “With me?” Yubin exchanged eye contact with Jihoon.

 

                Jihoon stepped on the fence.

“Slowly” Yubin voiced as he tried to sit behind her. “Yeah I know” he sat behind her. “Hold her tightly, Jihoon. I’m scared you might fall” Grandma advised. “Okay, Grandma” Jihoon answered but his hand doesn’t even touch Yubin. “Ready? Go!” Yubin suddenly made Zeus move and made Jihoon surprised and jolted. His hand quickly wrapped around her waist tightly. “Slow down, Yubin” Jihoon shouted. “Faster? Okay!” Yubin and made Zeus run faster. “Are you crazy?” “I didn’t hear you!” she pretended not to hear. “Yubin! I’m scared!” he shouted and she made Zeus slowed its pace. Yubin laughed at Jihoon who was tightly holding onto her.

“If you ever make fun of me again, I’ll never let you go” he held her tighter. “Okay okay. I can’t breathe, Jihoon! I’ll never do it again. Now let me go!” “No!” “What the! Okay then” Yubin made Zeus run faster again. “Yubin!” he shouted once again and she laughed at him. He held her tighter. She made Zeus jog.

“You just want me to hug you right?” “Hell no!” she protested. “Yeah right?” “Seriously! You’re weird, Jihoon!” “Yah yah. Your face turns red already” “This guy!” she ignored him. They rode Zeus around the field.

“Kids, I’m going inside first. Yubin, don’t forget to help me with dinner. I’m cooking something special tonight” Grandma who was standing beside the fence told after gestured them to come over. “Okay. I’m sorry for making you stand in the sun. You should rest” Yubin replied. “Never mind, dear. Have fun” Grandma walked into the cottage. *I shouldn’t bother those two* she smiled alone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                After bathed, Yubin entered the kitchen to help prepare dinner with Grandma.

“Taste good as always” Yubin made a thumb up after taste Grandma’s Kimchi stew. “But it’s really spicy like always too” she quickly poured milk into a glass and gulped it down.

“Of course. I make the spiciest Kimchi right?” Grandma wiggled her eyebrows and Yubin broke into laughter. “You’re right, Grandma” “I know you miss my cooking. So I thought of making this. Let Jihoon taste this signature dish of mine too” Yubin nodded with smile.

“I see that you always smile when I mention his name” Grandma hinted. “No I’m not” Yubin couldn’t get the smile off her lips while stirring the stew. “This girl is hard to admit it” Grandma shook her head.

“Jihoon, let’s eat” Grandma called from the stairs. “Okay” Jihoon exited the room and walked down the stairs and into the dining room.

 

“Wow! Smells nice” Jihoon praised and took a seat. “Grandma’s cooking is always delicious. That’s why it’s hard for you to forget the taste once you tried it” Yubin smiled at Grandma. “You two should stop praising me” Grandma smiled coyly. “Come, let’s eat”

They started to enjoy the dinner. “Grandma, this stew isn’t that spicy right? Because I can’t really eat spicy food” Jihoon asked. “No. Not really. I make it like I used to make. I don’t know if it’s too spicy for you” Grandma answered.

                Jihoon tasted the Kimchi stew. And his eyes widened. *This is too spicy! But it’s delicious! But I can’t eat too much of spicy foods. Maybe I just eat a little. Argh! Like I care! I’m starving here* he continued to eat.

“You okay with the stew, Jihoon?” Grandma asked and he nodded. “Delicious!” he praised and he continued to eat the Kimchi stew although his lips were turning red.

“This is too spicy” Yubin’s lips had turned red from the spiciness. “I finished” Jihoon leaned back and looked at his emptied bowl. “Daebak, Jihoon! Now go wash the dish” Grandma said. “Okay” he got up and brought his bowl and glass to the sink to be washed. “Grandma asked me to help since I finished too. She said she can’t eat anymore” Yubin came with her bowl and Grandma’s. “Maybe she can’t stand the spiciness”

                Yubin rinsed the washed plates by Jihoon. They wiped their hand after finished with the dishes.

 

“It’s Insidious Chapter 2 movie at TV. Come watch with me, kids” Grandma called from the living room. “Insidious?! Yay!” he sped to join Grandma. After wiped the dining table, Yubin joined them. She screamed as a ghost appeared at the TV and Jihoon laughed at her.

“If you keep screaming, the ghost won’t come out since it afraid of your shout” he teased. “Teasing me again?” she poked his waist and made him jolted. “What the!” Jihoon threw a cushion to her. She glared at him but then hugged the cushion.

 

“At last! The movie end! My ear hurts from Yubin’s scream” Jihoon teased again. “Jihoon” Yubin furrowed her eyebrows. “The more you quarrel, the closer you are. So keep on you quarrel” Grandma busy changing the TV channel. “Wow! Maleficent!”

“But it had been on the middle of the story” Jihoon didn’t get his eyes off the TV. They continued to watch the movie until midnight. As the movie end, Grandma looked at the clock.

“It’s midnight already. Let’s go to bed. I’m sleepy” she turned off the TV. “Okay. Let me check the door first” Yubin stood and walked to the front door to make sure it was locked.

 

 

“Good night, Grandma” Jihoon and Yubin said to Grandma before she entered her room. “Good night, you two” she smiled and entered her room. “I’m sleepy” Jihoon got into his bed. Yubin closed and locked the room door. She the sleep lamp and turned off the main lamp. Now, the room was dim lighted. “Good night” Yubin got into her bed. “Good night” Jihoon turned to the window. Yubin yawned and slowly she fell asleep. And so did Jihoon.

 

 

 

                Yubin suddenly heard a noise near her. She forced her sleepy eyes to open and look for the source of the noise.

“Jihoon” she called. Jihoon was kicking the blanket with his eyes closed. He was frowning and in pain. She went on her knees beside his bed. “Jihoon” she shook his body to wake him up. “Jihoon, wake up” she called. Jihoon turned to her and he opened his eyes a tad. He sat up and was still half asleep.

“Yubin” he called still half asleep. “Help me” he put his hand behind her head and pulled her face to his face. He leaned in and pressed his lips to her soft warm lips. Yubin eyes widened in surprise. Slowly, he let go off her and went to sleep back. Yubin was left, puzzled.

*Did that thing just happen?* she touched her lips and her face turned red. Her heart beat faster and louder until she could hear it.