After School Movie Date

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

Seungmin and Jeongin headed into a cinema to watch a new horror movie that recently came out titled "Lights Out". The first time Jeongin saw the trailer of the movie on an online site, he squealed in excitement and shared it with Hyunjin and Seungmin. They planned to go and watch it after school on their day off but when the day came, Hyunjin announced that he'll stay in the dorm to rest. Nevertheless, Seungmin and Jeongin went without him, holding their excitement that exploded in little screams in between the playtime of the movie.

~Seungmin POV~
After an hour and a half, the movie ended and we were mentally drained. I suggested the idea of eating the waffle ice cream dessert near the cinema to Jeongin, to which his eyes lit up and nodded with a wide smile on his face. We took a window seat, ordered our food, and waited. Jeongin looked so cute bouncing in his chair, eager to taste his Choco Banana Mix Waffle Ice Cream. Our eyes averted to the roadside outside the window. A stranger just tripped over a lifted tile and dropped a package with a fragile sticker pasted on top. I glanced over to Jeongin who stopped bouncing and looked a bit sad.

"Hyung, i don't think Minho hyung would be happy for a long while."
"Mmn, after all that is his dad's mug. He really can't get another."
"If only Jisung hyung was more careful, all this wouldn't happen."
"Jeongin ah...i don't think Jisung meant to mess up that much on purpose. He did get scolded by Hyunjin and screamed at by Changbin hyung before that."

Jeongin scratched his head and pouted, not knowing how to feel.

"How do you feel about all this, Hyung?" I folded my arms, thinking hard.
"I honestly don't know if Minho hyung is ever gonna be as happy as last time anymore, Jeongin ah. But..." i looked down at whether i should say it or not.
"But?"
"It's better not to blame Jisung." Jeongin looked at me and raised an eyebrow.
"Why?"
"He probably already blames himself more than anyone can. I don't want our sun to lose it's light."

The waiter walked over and placed our food down on the table. "Jeongin ah, let's eat it before it melts." Our seat was beside the window in which the sunlight was also shining on us. But right as i say that, a cloud moves in front on the sun and the sunlight slowly fades. I looked at Jeongin. He looked sad, head drooping, pouting, staring at the part of the table that the sunlight just left. I leaned forward and patted his head, taking the chance to tickle his neck. He squealed a little and broke out in giggles. I picked up a fork and a knife and handed it to Jeongin, and we began consuming the melting ice cream on top of their waffles.

~Jeongin POV~
"He probably already blames himself more than anyone can. I don't want our sun to lose it's light."

As i heard these words come out of Seungmin hyung's mouth, i felt miserable. I have always thought about how Minho hyung would feel after that but never have i ever stopped to think about how Jisung hyung felt. I have a faint memory of his shaking hands before turning away from the kitchen and into my room. I even remember his disappointing sighs outside the room while there i lay under the moonlight, drifting off to sleep. But now i'm stuck in between whether to blame Jisung hyung or not. Because at the end of the day, he is still the cause of this. Or maybe it's my immaturity causing me the inability to understand and make the decision.

But i couldn't shake off the thought of the sun losing it's light, but i could already see it fading into the shadows. Deep beyond the sunlight hid an infinite darkness casted on by the shadows, to which Jisung hyung is probably falling back and forth to now.