Conversation Avoided

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Minho POV~
It took awhile for us to get back from the hospital with Seungmin walking slower than usual to cause less movement felt for Jisung. Jisung had slept through the members laughing and making noises like they usually did. Once we entered the dorm, i took Jisung from Seungmin's back and laid him down on my chest and shoulders slowly. I walked slowly into my shared room with Felix, and Jeongin. Jisung softly whined and stirred from his deep sleep.

"Jisung? Do you wanna wash up? Hyung can help you." Minho whispered to Jisung, rubbing the younger's back.

"...no...sleep...tired..." Jisung mumbled.

I carefully put Jisung down on my bed and covered him with my blanket. I was about to walk out to shower but a soft whine stopped me. I sat beside Jisung, waiting for him to mumble out his request.

"Don't...go..."

"But hyung will stink as we sleep."

"...its...okay...stink together..." Jisung tiredly reached out at me.

"Okay. But hyung is going to make you shower tomorrow." i laughed, and laid down beside him and into his arms.

Jisung was looked so vulnerable, so weak, so exhausted. It hurt my heart to look at him. 

"I'm gonna tell Chan hyung to let you off practice for a week."

"...what...why...?"

"Look at yourself, Jisung. You're tired beyond words. And besides, you need time to recover."

I hugged him warmly as i whispered. Jisung whined but slept soon after in my arms. I spent an hour patting Jisung's back lightly, humming the tune of GLOW. Seungmin walked into the room and sat on the empty opposing bottom bunk, smiling kindly at us. He mouthed 'Take good care of him, and yourself, hyung.' before turning and laying down to sleep.

Around an hour after Seungmin went to sleep, Felix and Jeongin tiptoed into the room and froze when our eyes met. They gestured to ask if Jisung was asleep, i nodded. They flinched when Jisung stirred and hugged me tighter and closer. I rubbed the back of his head and neck, coaxing him to fall back asleep. Jisung mumbled incoherent words and melted back into my arms. Felix and Jeongin unfroze themselves and tried their best at quietly climbing up their bunk beds to sleep.

I wondered how Jisung had been secretly dealing with his health issues by himself all these years without any of us finding out. I regretted not watching him closer, holding him closer, helping him. 

'I should have watched him from the start. I should have held him close from the start. I should have helped him from the start...But i did...so how did he still hide all that from me...from us...there are 8 of us...just how much had he been suffering alone...'

I pulled Jisung close to me as much as i could, and fell asleep to the calming and soothing sound of him breathing.

I woke up to Seungmin tapping me.

"It's time to eat. Chan hyung and Changbin hyung cooked food for us. You and Jisung need to eat too." Seungmin said with a smile before walking out of the room.

I looked down at Jisung's sleeping figure, still in my arms breathing slowly. I patted his head, cracking a smile at how cute and innocent he looked. Jisung stirred and opened an eye to peek at me.

"Hyung...?"

"It's time to wake up and eat. Then we have to bathe later, i'm totally not forgetting that."

"Aww...but i'm tired..." Jisung whined and pouted sleepily.

"Hyung will help you, then you can return to your beauty sleep later on."

"Okay~" i sat Jisung up and carried him in the position we were already in.

As soon as i stood up, Jisung laid his head down on my shoulder and slung his arms behind my neck. I loved the comfort his warmth gave me. I wondered if he felt the same about me.

"Hyung..."

"Yeah?"

"You know, hyung. Sometimes, i find your warmth comforting. Not just your warmth. Your presence, your voice, your touch, just...everything. I really missed having you this close, hyung...does that make sense...?"

"It does. Of course it does. Hyung hasn't been paying that much attention to you for years, i deeply regret that. If hyung took more time in keeping you closer and watching you, you wouldn't have suffered alone."

"it's...not your fault, hyung...i hid it..."

"But...why? Doesn't it hurt...to be alone suffering...?"

"...i didn't want hyung to be...sad anymore..."

I held Jisung tighter in my arms.

"But i almost lost you...how much sadder would that have been...you're the only acting family i have left...you can't just leave me alone in this world by myself..."

"Sorry, hyung..."

"Oh...Jisung, speaking of family...i wanted to ask you something..."

Jisung's body tensed up, like he knew something. 

"Dad said he left me a brother...is that you...?"

Jisung started to shift uncomfortably in my arms like he wanted to get away. Like...he wanted to avoid this conversation...

"Wait, Jisung. Relax...relax..." i rubbed his back in a comforting manner, he stopped squirming and laid back down on my shoulder.

"You don't want to talk about this now, do you?"

"...no..."

"Why not?"

"...not today...just...some other day...soon...just...not today...please, hyung..."

"Alright, hyung will wait. It's okay..." was what i said though i think i figured out the answer based on his reaction to the question. Then again, it's just what i think. I won't know the fact until Jisung decides to tell me it.

Chan peeked his head out in the hallway and looked at me, raising his eyebrow.

"Why're you guys taking so long? Is Jisung feeling sick?"

"No hyung, just talking." i smiled and walked down the hallway to the living room. The other boys were already scattered all over the floor waiting for us to eat together. I put Jisung down and he laid on Hyunjin's shoulder, muttering a small, soft "Hi~". The members including me cooed at him. Jisung was so cute, and still is cute.

We ate a belly-filling meal and sat there in a daze after consuming so much food. 

But all i wondered the whole time...why did Jisung avoid that conversation...

Is he really...my brother...?