Secrets

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Seungmin POV~
Drip by drip, the IV drip fell into the thin tube that was connected into Jisung's arm. His eyes were closed and i yearned his awoken state. His chest slowly rising and falling. He was okay now. Jisung was okay now. But...i can't peel my eyes away from him. I wanted to stay by his side. I wanted to be there when he wakes up. I missed him.

I dragged my feet over, getting closer to him step by step. I held his hand and felt the unevenness from Minho hyung's cup incident. The cuts seem to be healing slower than i thought, some even turning into permanent scars. Looking at him now that he's just laying there asleep, you can tell all his features has changed at least a little. His skin that was paler than he used to, the dark circles that surrounded the bottom of his eyelids, he looked like he lost quite a bit of weight. Yet all he could do know was lay asleep there, intubated. And all i could do now was stand here, watching him.

I didn't want to leave his side. Of course i wanted to know about the background details of his sickness but i didn't want to leave his side, not even for a second.

~Hyunjin POV~
Seungmin just stood there, watching Sungie. He didn't even budge from us talking about him catching Sungie in time before he hit the floor. He just stood there, holding Sungie's hand.

"Minnie?" i walked over with a chair and nudged him. 
"I could've stopped it...i felt something was off about him...but i realized too late..." he sighed and held my hand with his free one.
"Had you not realized the last second, Sungie might have hit his head and it would have been a lot worse, so thank you. Thanks a lot, Minnie."

Innie waddled over, playing with his fingers "See?" he looked up revealing his red eyes "I told you we aren't alone, and Hyung is not alone. Hyung has us." he smiles weakly. You could see the guilt in his eyes, from how he couldn't tell how Sungie was off cause he was busy learning the dance from me. Even i had let go of my attention on him for a bit while getting into the dance.

"I brought a chair over here for you to sit on. Do you want us to be here with you?" i presented the chair to Seungmin and made him sit down. He then pulled the chair closer to Sungie's bed and laid his head down beside him. His right hand still holding onto Sungie's.
"Nah, i want to have a bit of alone time with Jisung...can i?" i looked at Innie and we hummed in agreement "Besides, we need you guys to know about the details of his sickness. You guys can tell me later on. I'll...just be here."

We walked back over to Younghyun hyung, grabbed a chair for ourselves and sat down around the other members. Minho hyung impatiently shaking his leg, waiting for answers.

"Ask away~"
"When...why...how?" Minho hyung blurted out with other incoherent noises.
"I'll answer the first one for now. About half a year ago?"
"Wait- isn't that when...?!" Minho hyung looked shocked, and it took a while for the rest of us to realize ourselves. Half a year ago was when Master Lee was killed in a car accident. 

'Did Sungie being in front of Master Lee's grave hold a hidden meaning?' The last time we were at the hospital when he said he hasn't felt good ever since Master Lee's incident, i didn't know it was in this way. I thought it was emotionally...'

"What happened...how did he get- wait so it's no a sickness...it's an injury?" Minho hyung along with all of us were stuck in a state of information overload.
"You really didn't listen to the police report did you..." Younghyun hyung sighed, shaking his head.
"What-"
"He wasn't just a witness, he was also a victim." Younghyun hyung slightly angered, pointed at the asleep Sungie "The only reason he's alive now is cause Master Lee saved him. He was the original target. Had Master Lee not been there, Jisung would have been dead."

Silence surrounded the room. Minho hyung's head fell into his hands. Everyone was taken aback, like why didn't Sungie tell us, why did he keep it a secret. But we can only find that out after he wakes up.

"By not listening...he's been alone suffering this whole time...? Why didn't i..." soft sniffling followed Minho hyung's words.
"One way or another." Younghyun hyung tapped his fingers on his table "But you've been around him the whole time. Who knows what he would've done to himself if you didn't exist."

~Minho POV~
Warms tears flowed off my face. The heartwrenching guilt that hit me. Everything would have been different had i listened to the policeman. But i didn't. The only upside to this is that Jisung is still here and alive. I would've been so much better if i had known it from the start. I could've helped him so much more...but...at that time, would i have forgiven him for being alive thanks to Dad's sacrifice.

'Then again...do i forgive him now...?'

I turned back around and looked at Jisung. Jisung in his weakest state. Laying there not able to recover without help. 

'I've definitely forgiven him. More like, there was nothing for me to blame him for. Dad sacrificed himself for a reason. He left a brother here for me, all that's left for me to do is take care of him.'

Brother. Thinking of brother, i remembered Dad telling me to take care of my brother. He had never told me of a brother i had. He said my brother was never far from me. But that'll mean...

With my gaze fixated on Jisung, i walked over to him, not caring for the chairs i'm pushing out of the way. 

'Is it him...? It can't be...'