Of Black Coffee and Chocolate Chip Cookies

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Author POV

 

Hug. All he could do was hug her. Securely and softly, allowing his warmth assure her that she had someone she could lean on. This girl – no, woman, had a lifelong of love ripped away from her by some sick people and had never had the chance to experience what it was like to have a family, to lean on someone, share her burden and let another make her feel better.

Maybe that was how Jaejoong could reach to her. To led an arm, a shoulder and then give his heart to her, asking her only one thing in return – her heart.

He noted that she had stopped crying, though her body was still shaking in the aftermath of her cries. By the look her boss’s wife was giving him Jaejoong understood that he has finally opened her up. He looked at Baekhyun who seemed to be tearing after listening to her cries. The boy truly cared for her, and she cared about him too. Jaejoong didn’t dare to tightened or loosen his hold unsure as to how she would react. She was different from any other girl he had met, from the manner she behaves, let alone how she thinks. He was truly astonished with her spot on deduction of him bumping onto a woman and getting coffee spilt on his tee. And with Baekhyun speaking of her so called abilities, Jaejoong was now more inquisitive of her.

“Are you happy now?”

Her words forced Jaejoong to look at her. “What makes you think I would be happy watching you cry?”

“Then why did you do it?”

“I didn’t. You did”

Now that made Reya look back at him meeting his chocolate brown doe eyes stare right back at her. We’re too close. She concluded and wasted no time to take a step away from him. Jaejoong let go without a fight,

“Well that wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t keep on insisting that I was hurting” She pointed out before he could speak.

“But you were, weren’t you?” Jaejoong spoke the truth. “I just wanted you to accept it without acting like everything is ok”

“And what good did that bring?” She argued “Me crying won’t bring my mother back. It won’t bring Bella back and it surely won’t punish those monsters who ruined my life!”

“You feel better now, don’t you?”

Reya was taken aback at Jaejoong’s response, hanging without a counter. She shot a glance at Baekhyun and back at Jaejoong who was still intently looking back at her. “What did Elizabeth tell you?”

Jaejoong smiled. “Only her name” He informed. “The rest – I just feel what you feel Reya”

Reya looked back at Baekhyun and back at Jaejoong. Sam’s words rang in her mind and she decided to ask it from the troublemaker himself.

“Why me?”

There. She asked it. Everything summed up in two simple words to which unfortunately Jaejoong didn’t have a complete answer to.

“I don’t know” He confessed. “I’ve been asking the same question but haven’t gotten a proper answer yet”

“So you have some sort of answer, don’t you?”

His cheeks rose to an almost smile. He liked how sharp she was. Girls had always played the ‘innocent, I don’t understand the world and need your assistance my dear oppa’ card at him, but this girl was nothing like them. She is beautiful and sharp, lethal yet enticing - a forbidden fruit in flesh and blood.

“I don’t think this is the right place to speak about it.” Said Jaejoong “How about we meet up after work?”

 

 

Lisa was in the middle of bathing herself in his manly scented clothes, throwing it over her body and falling over his bed when Ayana just passed by. She now stood clenching onto his top caught red handed by the werewolf in Jaejoong’s room.

“Did you not know that he can sense your scent in his room when he comes back?”

Lisa did, but didn’t bother. She needed this – to feel at least something of his by her – something that will help her live by this close-yet-so-far-from-Jaejoong life of hers.

It is something the likes of Ayana would never understand. Love, after all is a luxury werewolves are not gifted to have.

“Seriously Lisa! Sniffing his clothing?! Are you some sort of creep or something?!”

A sizzling glare shot at the floor. Lisa didn’t dare to look at the girl intimidatingly standing opposite to her. Words itched to spill off but she didn’t. Heechul had promised to take things in his hand and she, out of all the people around her, trusts him the most.

“Leave” A final commands flew at her. “I’ll make sure your scent isn’t here”

Lisa now couldn’t stop from glaring at Ayana. She who was said to be the one to break their curse, the rightful mate of Kim Jaejoong – again, said by the elders is now treated as trash.

Heechul better get Jaejoong to her. If she takes things in hand, she’d make sure to raise hell.

The witch reborn stormed past the werewolf, only to be stopped. “His top please” The please wasn’t so pleasing to hear in the tone the girl used.

The said top was shoved at Ayana who immediately walked to reorder the pain in her ’s wardrobe. Surprisingly nothing seemed to have been pulled out but Lisa’s scent was lingering everywhere. So Ayana took the trouble of touching wherever she sensed the other girl’s scent as a means to stop Jaejoong from killing the girl. After all Lisa was the witch who cursed their whole race. God only knows what she is capable of doing again.

Lisa looked back at Ayana, watching her carefully fold the top and place it in the wardrobe. She hated the wolf’s closeness with Jaejoong, especially her face – it looked so much like Reya, almost as if she were her twin – and it drove Lisa furious.

Oh how good would it feel if she disfigures Ayana’s face – especially Reya’s, but right now, it was Ayana who was pissing Lisa off the most.

But she couldn’t do it. And it wasn’t because of the obvious fact that her abilities don’t affect Ayana, but because…

Because she reminded Lisa of Jaejoong.

Those eyes of hers were big and doe-like, were just like Jaejoong’s. Almost as if she were his own sister.

Lisa stilled and took her time to recollect her train of thoughts. Ayana looked like Reya yet had features that screamed Kim Jaejoong – her eyes, her smile, her pale skin, hell – she liked spicy food just like Jaejoong!

 

If Reya is Ayana’s mother’s reborn, and Ayana somewhat had Jaejoong’s distinct features,

 

 

 

 

 

 

Could it be?

 

Spinning around Lisa barged into the forbidden room once again. Ayana who now was flat on his bed as a means to mask Lisa’s scent looked at the door. Before she could speak, or snap, Lisa cut her off with a question that brought tremors down Ayana’s spine.

“Who is your father?”

“Why do you care about that now?” A familiar airy voice sourced from behind her, forcing Lisa to turn back.

“Oppa..” Was all that she could speak, her body experiencing the familiar sensations Jaejoong never fails to give her.

Baekhyun who had just climbed up the stairs paid no regard to what was happening and continued to proceed to the last flight of stairs while removing his tie.

“Answer me Lisa-ssi. Why do you care about it now?”

His voice was nothing but intimidating, his aura full of dominance and authority and it made Lisa shiver.

“Until you answer that, Ayana needn’t answer to your question” Jaejoong declared. “If you could kindly move, I need to get into my room”

The door was shut hard, locking Jaejoong inside with Ayana.

“Now what are you doing sleeping on my bed?”

“My house… I can sleep anywhere I want” Was her smart reply which earned her a sudden tickle attack courtesy of Kim Jaejoong. She began to laugh later tear a little as the punishment prolonged.

Finally, after a good minute or two the assault stopped. Ayana was about to take in a deep breath but only pushed all her air out once Jaejoong fell on top of her.

“Yah! Get off meeeee!” She tried to push him off her. She succeeded, but failed to loosen his hold over her and ended up falling on top of him once Jaejoong fell onto the floor.

“Aigoo… A freaking pain, just like Reya.” Jaejoong grumbled despite his obvious happiness he felt.

“Well. No touchy touchy without my permission”

“Else what? You’d punch me?”

“If that is what it takes to teach you a lesson”

“Yup. You ARE just like Reya” Jaej

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter