A Much Needed Reason

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: To my latest voter - DaMeepster, 

And to all my readers

 

On to the story now....

 

THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

Sometimes she wonders how it would be if her father didn’t cheat on her mother. What would be her life like if she was part of the happy family she was born into?

Reya knew how it would be like, at least she had an idea of what it would be like.

Firstly, a home. A home where she would be living with her parents.

She would have her own room, preferably on the second floor which overlooks the swimming pool.

Reya had browsed through the internet searching for what her father’s current home was. Surprisingly it was the same home she had lived in. Nothing had changed, except that she wasn’t there anymore. Her mom was there anymore….

Where was she again? Ah! Yes! Her room….

A laptop, maybe two. One for browsing and another for educational purposes, the latter equipped with all the applications and tools for hacking – a liking that had come handy a couple of times in her real life.

She would have attended school. A degree, or two, perhaps a PhD in biotechnology. Yes, biotechnology – inspired by her mother’s work in the medical field.

She would have also helped her father in his business. Again, all thanks to the capacity of her brain, it would be possible.

A boyfriend? Perhaps…

 Then again, given her possessive brother-from-another-mother, he would have made sure she would never have one, unless he accepts that guy.

What was his name again? Her oppa?

Reya shut her eyes trying to bring back memories that she had hidden deep within her. She remembers his face, those mismatched eyes, how he would carry her everywhere despite only being a couple more inches taller than her. She remembered the promise she made him – to never call any other man as oppa, save for him. It was a promise she had been keeping until this very moment.

She misses him. Too much.

But there’s nothing she could do. At least not now.

She will find him -that was one of the tasks she had planned once her sentence finished. Firstly, avenge her mother’s death and then find her brother and sleep on his lap. She wouldn’t mind if she draws her last breath after that.

Oh! And introduce him to Baekhyun. Not that he didn’t know Baek, because he was with her when she first saw Baekhyun, little baby Baekhyun who was always asleep in the cot in the hospital.

 

Now what was his name again?

 

Reya leaned back, her body bumping over a strong, firm and warm back. The memory of his mother call enter her mansion to fetch him back home coming back

“Finally remembered that you had a spine I see…”

Her lips twitched, a smile breaking out. But she didn’t reply and just continued to keep silent, his voice somehow wiping out the image of her oppa’s mother from her mind.

She signed.

Would Jaejoong had liked her in her ‘what if’ world? If they had met in another circumstance would he have liked her? The question popped out of nowhere.

Obviously they would have met. Given her father’s business he would have surely used celebrities to market his hotels. They would have met and maybe become acquaintances.

Would he have dated an heiress? Possible, given the fact that he is with her now.

But does he really like her or is he just here because she controls the animal in him?

Or is it because of their connection in the past?

 

Reya bit back a sign and opened her eyes. They were now in the Grand Central Park sitting on the grass, backs facing each other.

She liked it, you know, leaning on him. He didn’t even move when she pushed her body over his - an unintentional action which surprisingly gave her some closure.

He hadn’t moved away when she came to him, instead welcomed her to his warmth.

“Hey” His silky voice forced her eyes to open immediately as they shut. “What’s running in your mind?”

“Mr., you are in no position to ask anything until you explain yourself”

Jaejoong chuckled. “That sneaky brat really is using you to her advantage now”

“I think she is clever.” Reya countered, “You were running around like a madman, possibly almost wolfing out, and I am the only person wolf-version of you wouldn’t hurt… oh wait, I remember you slamming me onto the ground!”

“Wanna slam me back for that?”

“Don’t change the conversation Kim. Now spill the beans”

“If she isn’t sneaky then why is she, and those two morons, hiding behind those trees behind me?”

Reya now gave an unimpressed look towards those very trees. “You saw them”

“Nope. I sense them” He corrected. “And she knows that too, and is listening to us right now”

“Ahh… You inherit the sense of hearing… Why didn’t I figure it out before?” Reya shook her head, “Anyways, you seem to want to speak about it with her and not me” Reya declared, “Don’t lean back I’m getting up” She warned and got on her feet

“Don’t mistaken me please” Jaejoong immediately turned, “It’s just that”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter