Prevention is better than Cure

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: A quick update for my lovely readers!!

THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR ONCE AGAIN!

 

 

Author POV

 

[This chapter unfolds during the previous day; when Reya receives a call from Elizabeth Burke]

 

Jaejoong and Reya’s ride to the Burkes’ was silent as both of them were caught up in their own thoughts. When the driver arrived at the destination, Reya paid the fare with cash and stepped out. Instinctively, she made sure to be careful with her left footing but her ankle was no longer aching, and it was all because of the man beside her.

Supernatural and magical he was. Not to mention famous. She was yet to get comfortable about that, despite their connection.

“I’ll hold your hand but we are in public.” Jaejoong broke the ice. “So tell me what is going on in your head now”

“Stupid connection” She mumbled and walked to the entrance, only to notice that the door was opened.

“Elizabeth?” She called the lady. “Eli-“ She stopped, spotting Peter frown at her.

“You’re okay” Reya declared, staring right at her handler

“Nope.”

“What’s wrong?”

He only shook his head and stepped inside. Reya glanced at Jaejoong and walked in, the latter following her promptly. Elizabeth, who was in the hall cheekily smiled at Reya but was caught by surprise spotted the unexpected guest.

“Oh, I was with him when you called” Reya immediately justified, understanding the situation

“Oh, I’m sorry Reya. I misunderstood the situation and called you”

“Okay. So I can just-” Reya turned towards the door but was stopped by Peter.

“Sit. The both of you.” He ordered, forcing both Jaejoong and Reya to focus on the speaker.

Peter’s stern gaze forced the duo to find the closest seat, which was the couch, and sit on it. Both were sitting on the edge, spines straightened, and on alert, unsure of what the problem was.

Peter Burke heaved a sign, clearly contemplating as to how he could spill the beans (whatever they were). Elizabeth meanwhile sat by him and smiled at the two.

“He.. He left in a hurry, swearing and then didn’t answer my calls at all. I panicked” She smiled, “I’m sorry to disturb your date”

“OH NO! No date!” Reya almost yelled, forcing Jaejoong to narrow his brows at her.

“No date?” Elizabeth didn’t seem to believe what she heard

“Yes, date” Jaejoong spoked out. “She very bad” He complained. “Hello” He smiled at the beautiful lady.

Peter cleared his throat, forcing Jaejoong to break gaze from his wife and look at him. “H-Hello sir” Jaejoong smiled, quite intimidated by the FBI officer.

Peter’s gaze became more intense as each second passed, until Reya spoke out. “What do you want to tell us Peter?”

“Are you two together?”

“No”

“Then why did you spend the night with him?”

Elizabeth was shocked beyond words while Reya began to formulate an explanation. Peter meanwhile wanted to know. He needed to know what she was upto with Jaejoong - as to whether this is indeed love, if he is using her for his benifit or (dreadfully) if she is about to con the idol. 

“Uh, he, I just, he seemed to.. I don’t know. I just wanted to try it out”

Now that made the Burkes glare at her. “He doesn’t know when to give up” She hollowed, in fright. Just as a child caught red-handed by her parents.  

Their focus shifted from the troublemaker to the wolf. “Do you like her?” Peter asked, very seriously

“I will marry her” Jaejoong’s response was prompt and determined, forcing Reya to stare at him.

“You sure?”

“I love her” Once again, not a bit of confusion was detected in Jaejoong’s voice. “She… is.. difficult” He continued, his struggle for words were finally becoming obvious, “Careful” He correct, finally getting the correct word

“But you spent the night with her”

Now that made Jaejoong look at Reya, wanting a translation. “He is asking about that day when I was kidnapped – when we staged that scene in Ayana’s room”

Jaejoong immediately recalled the incident and looked back at her handler.

Then back at Reya.

Sensing that he needed help Reya began, “Peter, we-” But Jaejoong stopped her by holding her hand.

Looking back at the Burkes, Jaejoong explained, slowly, to ensure he uses the right English words. “She think.. I am joke.. joking. I never do that, but I want to be… with her. My first time”

Reya buried her face in her palms. He just did not tell t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter