Changes within her

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

Shim Changmin was losing his mind during the short journey from the airport to the mansion. He was going to meet his childhood friend in a couple of minutes’ time. He was going to hold her and lock her up in a safe place from all harm if he could. He couldn’t fathom how he cared for her so much when they only met for a couple of years, as children! But to him, it felt as if he had been with her longer than that.

“What are you thinking so hard, Changmin-ah?” Noticing his stern face, Yunho couldn’t help but ask

“What- How am I to talk to her?”

Yunho could only smile back.

“I mean, I snapped at her during our call and now I’ll be just there in front of her. Hugging will be odd, especially after the call”

“Just say hi”

“And?”

“Go with the flow. Don’t worry, I’m there too” Yunho gently bumped shoulders with Changmin, making the latter smile gratefully.

There was a brief pause. Yunho continued to smile thinking of how he would speak to Reya.

“Wonder if she will call me Yunho oppa”

The smile disappeared. “She can only call me oppa” Changmin reminded

“Well, she’s like a donsaeng for me. She can call me oppa”

“She’ll call you ajushi”

Now Yunho wanted to hit him as hard as he could but stopped noticing Baekhyun look at them from the mirror.

“Changmin Sunbae, if you have to stop anyone from being called oppa, it has to be Jaejoong sunbae. He bullied me to get noona’s address and has been ruining my holiday!”

“So he really likes her?”

“Yes”

“And she doesn’t?”

“Noona doesn’t want that now. So, can you remind Jaejoong sunbae that there are more important men in her life?”

“Men?” Changmin raised a brow

“You, me, then there’s Mr. Burke, her handler. He’s like the appa we never had. Noona only listens to him. He tolerates me, but his wife loves me! Then there’s EXO, then” He stopped meeting Yunho’s inquisitive gaze. “Yunho sunbae and EXO,” He immediately corrected, “and only AFTER that it’s Jaejoong sunbae? Maybe Junsu sunbae and Yoochun sunbae and FINALLY Jaejoong sunbae?”

Yunho chuckled but Changmin grew very curious at that moment.

“Her handler?” He verified.

“Noona works with the FBI, sunbae!”

“Whoa! Jijcha?!” 

“Yes, yes. She is their consultant. She goes undercover and all!”

The conversation then continued around Reya’s work. Baekhyun making sure to stress how close he is with Reya at every possible chance….

 

 

Reya felt very nauseous and weak, so much that opening her eye lids were a battle. She felt very cold, uncomfortable and needed to drink water.

She groaned and finally opened her eyes to see the ceiling of a rather unfamiliar room. She tried to move her hand but someone had held onto it rather firmly.

“Hey…” Jaejoong’s soft, yet panicky voice forced her to look to her right. “Feeling better?”

“Water”

“Oh yes!”

At that moment, another person held onto her. It was Elizabeth Burke. “Thank god! You scared us!”

“What are-”

“You dropped unconscious Reya! What is happening?! You suddenly fainted and you were burning up so fast so we brought you to the hospital!”

Reya groaned.

“I’m so sorry...” She shifted uncomfortably, her eyes darting towards Jaejoong, who gently caressed her head. “Where exactly are we?”

“St Mary's”

“I’ll help you to sit up, okay?” He smiled. Eliz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter