The Birthday Present

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Apologies for the delay! I hope you have not forgotten the story. It's just that I wasn't satisfied with my previous versions. 

 

Without further delay - let's get to it!

 

THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS, the flashback is in bold italics. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

Junsu and Yoochun couldn’t help but smile at Baekhyun’s behavior. He loves Reya so much he’s as possessive of her as Jaejoong is.

“So do you have a gift?” Yoochun asked, looking at Jaejoong

“Nope, he says he can’t look at her hereafter” Ayana replied

“Why not?”

“He remembers the past, minus the killing”

Yoochun and Junsu were clearly shocked. “Everything?”

“Yup”

“Including the rated stuff?”

Jaejoong’s sizzling glare at Park Yoochun was the response.

“Damn, you already know what how it’ll be like to be with her. That ”

Now it was Junsu’s turn to receive the death glare. Junsu, Yoochun and Ayana began to giggle at the same time.

“Jokes apart” Yoochun stopped his teasing, “You need to give her something hyung”

“Something won’t work” Jaejoong begrudgingly replied, “Baekhyun probably has gotten everything”

The three looked at the prince reborn. “Now what does that mean?” Ayana asked

Jaejoong simply pinched Ayana’s cheeks. “Oh you pretty pretty girl, you will love my gift too” He smiled, “But I need that brat so I’ll be back in a bit” He jumped off the bed, “No following me” He ordered and proceeded to the door

“Did you forget I can hear everything?”

Now that made Jaejoong halt. He turned and shot her a small glare. “Alright. Follow me”

Grinning in delight, Ayana skipped to her werewolf, Junsu and Yoochun trailed behind, curious as to what their Young Woong had planned.

 

 

You beatin' my drum like dum di di dey

I love the dirty rhythm you play

I wanna hear you calling my name

Like hey mama mama hey mama mama (Hey)

The music almost deafened her yet it was her jam and she was thoroughly enjoying it. As she was swaying to the music, a pair of arms wrapped around her.

“Kim Jaejoong can you just let me be alone today?” She rolled her eyes clearly aware who it was

“Jaejoong? Why are we speaking of him now?”

A shiver ran down Reya’s spine and she, without thinking twice, ripped his arms from her and turned to see Kim Heechul looks at her in utter confusion.

 

Reya snapped awake the next instant. Panic stricken, she looked around trying to figure out where she was, only to find herself in the FBI gym. She had fallen asleep on the floor. Jumping onto her feet, but making sure to not pressure her healing ankle she grabbed her stuff and headed out. She was expecting Jaejoong to come to her any minute now, because he would have felt her fright. In any other instance she wouldn’t like it but now she needed to see him. What she just saw wasn’t her past. It was her current self meeting the man she saw the previous night.

What did that mean?

Does it mean anything?

So far all her dreams meant something – so this should be the same right?

But her other dreams were her past and this wasn’t. It could therefore be just a random thing.

The verse of the song was ringing in her mind getting her rather jumpy. Any time now, she concluded. That mad man will come any time now.

But to her displeasure it was Peter who greeted her. “Did you sleep here?” He asked staring at her with those interrogative eyes she had come to get used to.

“Yes” Reya replied. “I just woke up”

“You need to wash your face”

In any other situation she would send out a snarky retort but she was waiting for a certain someone now.

Peter stared at the girl. Something was troubling her. He could see it. But it was her birthday and he didn’t want the girl to feel troubled.

“Elizabeth wants you to join us for lunch.”

Now that was something Reya couldn’t reject. “I’ll be there Peter”

A silent nod was his response and Peter Burke overlooked Reya step down the stairs and meet Mike, who seem to have volunteered to drop her home. The senior FBI agent frowned, noting the sudden involvement of Mike for any matters regarding Reya but decided to not mind it for the moment.

Taking a deep breath, Peter Burke stepped into the gym to do his morning workout.

 

 

Lisa smiled. She had been keeping an eye on Reya from the other side of the road watching the werewolf mate walk out of the building. Lisa was aware that mike had sensed her, and looked towards her direction. She knew he sensed something was off and went to protect Reya, but he was too late. She had already done what she wanted to and just came to see the state Reya was in.

To her dissatisfaction Reya didn’t look as fazed as she expected her to be. But the spell worked. It had to have worked. Afterall Reya was human and all humans are susceptible to a witch’s spell.

Yet Reya didn’t look upset or confused. Does that mean she really didn’t depict Jaejoong’s feelings? Was she really not accepting him because his past has hurt her?

Nevertheless, now that Heechul has come to Nee York, Lisa is going to take full advantage of this.

And what better play than to shift the girl’s attention to Heechul?

 

Reya arrived to a quiet mansion. It was barely lit up, erringly silent with only her footsteps heard as she stepped on the wood floor. She had always wondered why they never had a dog. But now she understands why. Who needs a dog for protection when you are a freaking werewolf?

She made it a point to make as little noise as she could but she was aware that every supernatural being in the house probably knew she was inside.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter