Tomayto - Tomahto

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in bold italics are the flashback

 

Author POV

 

Changmin held onto Baekhyun closely as they hid behind the shrubs.

“Where is she?!”

Baekhyun didn’t dare to look at him or answer him.

“Tell me!”

“The village..”

“What village?”

“Then one where children are getting kidnapped”

Shim Changmin sighed. Reya was at it again.

“Okay, you stay in the palace okay? Don’t you outside.”

“My lord” Baekhyun dared to hold onto Changmin’s wrist with both hands. “Is she in trouble?”

“Not under my watch”

An hour later Changmin was on his horse, riding into the dark forest. Rumors have flooded that there was something evil killing children and he was sure Reya had gone to investigate.

Ever since she realized what she actually is, she had been trying to help people wherever possible, which resulting in her father to ground her multiple times. After all, a lady ought to be indoors, grooming to be the perfect wife, but she was with her dead mother’s sword, practicing how to fight.

At first, her father was happy and taught her, but soon he began to realize that she inherited her mother’s abilities. Unlike that lady, Reya though wanted to put it to good use. One thing led to another and she, not wanting to be captured in the chains of marriage, ran away.

His horse neighed in fright and halted, almost throwing Changmin out. Just then a flash of burning bright blue whooshed a couple of meters from them. A slice was heard and a burst of golden dust spread around.

“Gold?” Changmin mumbled

“Yeah. The er is made of gold.. Made from the purity of all the children it ate”

Changmin almost puked brushing away the dust particles from his robe and later the horse. Reya stood in front of him and smirked, throwing the sword over her shoulder.

“That’s not your mother’s sword” Changmin couldn’t help but notice

“Nope. I outgrew that” She proudly informed. “This little beauty is laced with my blood and scorched by dragon’s breath; capable of killing anything”

Changmin blankly stared at the girl glowing under the full moon. She had gotten more powerful, so much more that her mother’s sword couldn’t bear her power.

She had to be protected no matter what.

“Why are you back at this?”

“I have been always doing this”

“Not the past few weeks..”

“Ahh… so?”

Changmin sighed. “Are you going to continue doing this on your own? The prince is not going to like this..”

She shot him a look. “Like he can stop me”

Changmin sighed once again. “Tell him”

“His mom has trapped him in the palace”

“And that stopped you?”

“Well it seemingly stopped him!”

Another set of hoofs was heard in the distance forcing Reya to hop onto Changmin’s horse. But before they could leave, said 'trapped man' yelled.

“Where the hell are you two running off to?”

Changmin looked at Reya. “What were you saying again?”

Reya rolled her eyes. “I like you more” She informed.

“You better. But marry him”

“Really?”

“Yeah. He’s the right man for you. So tell him what you really are. This is after all a country where magic is banned.”

“Not yet.”

“Aish..”

 

 

Jaejoong and Baekhyun were thrown to the wall. Within a blink of an eye though Jaejoong and Baekhyun swapped positions, forcing Jaejoong to hit the wall instead of Baekhyun.

Reya, Yunho and Changmin ran upstairs just in time to see Jaejoong take the hit and looked shocked beyond words. Reya’s eyes fell on her little brother who was checking himself for injuries, later Jaejoong and then at his attacker.

Baekhyun saw her and began to whine.

“Noona!!!! She tried to hurt-”

“Shut up”

Jaejoong, Yunho and Changmin were taken aback at her outburst. Baekhyun meanwhile leaned back and grasped onto the Jaejoong’s pants.

“Oppa, my hand feels itchy. I’m not sure why” She casually muttered to Changmin...

“Your hand?”

“Yeah”

“Suddenly?”

“Yeap”

“Why? Wanna punch someone?”

“YAH!” The two older males chorused in unison.

She clicked her tongue and walked towards Baekhyun. Shooting her hand forward, she allowed Baekhyun to hold onto her and stand up.

“Did you taunt her?”

“She told you would die soon”

She smirked at looked at the werewolf. “Heard him?”

“Yup. That ain’t gonna happen in my watch”

“Want help?”

“Wouldn’t mind it”

Her other hand was straightened, helping Jaejoong up. “You need to explain your Usain Bolt-ness to them” She informed, once again shaking her hand.

“You okay?”

“It’s itching suddenly.. it’s annoying…”

Jaejoong held onto the hand, forcing her to still momentarily. His warmth, once again, made her hair in her skin stand up straight and heart rate to shoot up, forcing Jaejoong to smile.

The itchiness momentarily stopped.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter