An Unexpected Visitor

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Font in purple is spoken in English. Bold italics are the flashback

 

Author POV

 

“Come on, what are you delaying for?”

His words forced the younger boy look at him. “Come on! I don’t have all day!”

A strong hand held the prince back. “Should we do this now?”

“He will bring her out of her hideout”

The hand dropped, “You are still caught up with her?”

The prince merely smirked, eyes dead set on the younger peasant who now carried the circular wooden plank.

“Move!” The Prince ordered, not minding that a crowd is forming around them

Not another step was taken when a sharp knife slammed over the wood that was being carried. The young boy gasped dropping the wood in the process

“Pick it up!”

“But.. y-y-you”

“I said. PICK. IT. UP!”

The boy did as he was ordered. Well, he had no option but to do so. He recognized the uniform that was worn by them – they were part of the King’s Army – the best of the best. Never did he think they would bully him though.

Another knife wedged onto the wood, forcing him to stop. “Move!” The stern voice commanded instantly, forcing him to do so.

The prince took a step away from his gang to taunt the boy further, now pulling two knives at a time. An amused smile began to dance over his lips. His eyes constantly kept an eye on the surroundings on lookout for the runaway but couldn’t get her yet.

What he is doing now is nothing but childish, but he was desperate. He isn’t sure why but he wants to meet her again.

 

His eyes fell back to the boy only to see that he had stopped walking. “You are really ask-” His words died away when a flash of red stared him down.

His lips broke into a victorious smile. He has found her.

 

 

“Ok, spill it”

“Spill what?”

“What happened when you disappeared into economy with Miss. Beautiful?”

Junsu took a step closer as Yoochun had his arms crossed waiting for a response. Jaejoong slumped down on the cane chair.

“Hyung, every staff is gossiping of you kissing a girl in public!”

“Not in public… It was the plane” Jaejoong corrected, not daring to look ahead

“STILL!”

“I did nothing wrong” He stubbornly crossed his arms over his chest, “I helped her because she was struggling to walk and guess what?! She was my intruder!”

“So you kiss her?!” Yoochun almost roared

“Don’t know why I did it”

Silence enveloped between the boys. Jaejoong remained on his seat while Yoochun continued to glare at him. Junsu was just standing there scratching his head.

“Was she really beautiful?” The maknae couldn’t help but ask. The fact that his extremely-hard-to-get hyung mindlessly kissed a girl was getting him very curious.

Jaejoong looked right at Yoochun eyes gazing as if they were asking for his permission to speak, forcing the latter to heave a sigh.

“What’s with you hyung?” Yoochun shook his head in bewilderment. “Do whatever you want. Why do I even care now?!” He turned and walked away, leaving darling duckbutt with sulky YoungWoong.

Quietly, Junsu pulled a chair and sat by Jaejoong. “Was she really beautiful hyung?” He innocently asked again.

Jaejoong could only smile. “I didn’t kiss her because of that Junsu-ah.. You can’t call that a kiss actually”

“Then what was it?”

“A thank you?” Jaejoong was doubtful himself

“For what?” Junsu frowned.

 

“For coming back to me”

 

Junsu’s firm grip over his shoulder snapped him back. “Everything alright hyung? You looked rather lost”

“That’s nothing. You go ahead and rest”

Rather doubtfully Junsu obliged and stepped away, leaving Jaejoong to his own thoughts. He was trying hard to understand what he had just spoken. “What the hell was that now?” He questioned to himself, holding onto the arms of the chair tightly.

Shaking his head he stepped to the balcony and stared at the city of Manhattan, USA. The light breeze played with his fringe, making it move to the side but he didn’t bother. His mind was filled with the words that had come out of his mouth, getting him rather confused.

“For coming back to me?! Aigoo Kim Jaejoong! This is the first time you saw her!”

He was back to shaking his head almost laughing at himself when his eyes spotted a taxi stop at the entrance to Ayana’s mansion.

Out came a boy wearing a checked shirt over a white tee, with a laptop bag over his shoulders.

Jaejoong frowned. He wasn’t a werewolf. What was he doing walking into a house full of werewolves now?

His growing frown was replaced by shock once the boy looked up. Jaejoong let go of the balcony railing and immediately walked out of the room.

As he stepped out he bumped onto Lisa. Both locked eyes but he didn’t acknowledge her. Breaking gaze, Jaejoong headed to the stairs leaving her fuming to herself.

“Sorry to disturb you, but is this were Reya lives?”

Jaejoong stepped closer to take a look at the boy speak English difficulty. His words snapped the bunch of werewolves who were lounging downstairs.

Ayana’s eyes widened at the sight at their doorstep.

“But may I know who you are?” The maid, who too was a werewolf, stepped towards the open door.

“He is Byun Baekhyun and he isn’t supposed to be here” Jaejoong responded in Korean while taking the trouble of walking to the entrance.

Looking right at the visitor, Jaejoong asked. “What are you doing here?”

“Sunbaenim!”

“Yes. Now answer me”

It has been like this since the inception. The always friendly Jaejoong, for some unknown reason was very stern towards the boy since the day he was introduced as a trainee. And Baekhyun, he too wasn’t sure why but would almost shiver in fright when Jaejoong is there.

“You are supposed to answer me Baekhyun”

“A noona I know lives here”

“And do you see her here?”

“No”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter