Baekhyun Speaks

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in bold italics signify the flashback

 

Author POV

 

Jaejoong shut his eyes squeezing out the tears off his eyes. Reya had just rejected him hadn’t she? Even before he could understand what he felt for her she rejected him didn’t she?

How could she do this to him? When he was yet to start loving her?!

So what if she has people wanting her? He does too, doesn’t he?!

God! The horrific times he had to undergo when those sasaengs invaded his privacy in bed! Oh the times he saved his dignity so that he could share that pleasure with the one he loves!

SO, HOW DARE SHE REJECTS HIM?! SHE HAS NO DAMN RIGHT TO DO SO!

THE HELL TO THOSE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HARM HER! THEY HAD TO GO THROUGH HIM TO GET TO HER!

And if he does get captured what could they do to him?

Hit him? He’d heal instantly

Shoot him? It would hurt him, but wouldn’t kill him

Torture him? Good luck with facing the beast

HE IS INVINCIBLE FOR GOD’S SAKE! WHY IS REYA FRIGHTENED THEN?!

 

Nope. She can’t reject him. Jaejoong does not accept this rejection.

She can’t just leave him. Not with that good for nothing excuse.

Criminal? So what? People make mistakes don’t they? She is reforming and that is what matters.

She calms the beast and that is what matters.

He wants to kiss her each time she opens that mouth of hers and that, oh that is what matters the most!

 

Yes, he will fight her. And he will win her over.

 

Fired up, Jaejoong jumped onto his feet. He stormed out of his room and skipped onto the stairs but abruptly stopped meeting the troublemaker of his life sit on one of the stairs. For the first time since they met Reya bore a face that wasn’t stern or stoic.

She was puffing her cheeks!

She spotted Jaejoong stand three steps below her, shirtless with his fingers clenched on either side of his body. He showed traces of workout – his flat stomach almost indented in the verge of growing abs while his arms, stiff and firm.

Physically, he was perfect. Not too buff yet still muscly – completely Reya’s type. A cold face with piercing eyes which gives out a mysterious feel, with a little psychotic-ish grin every now and then, a voice which blows like soft wind and a face that made girls lose their mind.

 

Her heart began to race. He is everything like the man she had been dreaming. Be it complexion, speech, behavior – everything, EVERYTHING WAS THE SAME!

Well… everything expect for the rather feminine look he had. The man in her dreams had a look of authority, didn’t give a damn about his looks, was more brain than beauty and was the type to always get what he wants.

This guy opposite her was more beauty than brawn. Different from him yet shared similar characteristics.

 

Was that the reason why Reya’s mind gets jumbled whenever he is around?  

 

Wordlessly she jutted her arm at him noting that his eyes narrowed. “Help me to my room and you can tell me that my reasoning is useless” She informed.

 

Somehow she knew he wouldn’t but her excuse. She just knew it, for she too felt it wasn’t convincing enough.

But she wasn’t ready to tell the truth to him yet.

So she had to find another way to push him away.

 

Kim Jaejoong scoffed. She really was something else, wasn’t she?

Nevertheless he climbed three steps and, instead of holding her hand, whisked her in his arms. From the corner of his eyes he looked at her, at those eyes which were fixed on him. Wearing a simple tank top and soft pants, she was ready for bed. Yet she came for him when he was struggling with the beast, and then ruined his whole night by rejecting his feelings.

Why is she both good and annoying? Can’t she just be one type so that he could understand what he feels of her?

Jaejoong stopped at the doorstep to her room and Reya removed her hand that was anchoring over his shoulder. She expected him to let go of her but confusingly he didn’t.

“Open the door” Jaejoong ordered.

“Put me down” She ordered back.

“You can reach to it, can’t you? So open it” Jaejoong shot back

Reya attempted to break loose but he didn’t let go. She stopped and gave him a hard stare. “Put. Me. Down”

Jaejoong mirrored her stare and pushed her body closer. “You have no idea how hard I want to kiss you each time you open your mouth Reya, so before I do something like that, I suggest you to quieten the hell down and open the goddamn door.”

 

 

Lisa took a step back, her hand covering as tears began to fall down her cheeks. She spun around and ran down to her room.

How? How did she not get arrested? It was fail proof move wasn’t it?

She left everything to be with him and what does she get in return? Witnessing the man she loves with all her heart fall in love with a woman who doesn’t regard him at all!

Maybe if she stepped up and volunteered to save Jaejoong from the vampires, would the places be swapped?

Maybe if she had just tried the easy way she would have won him over A LONG TIME AGO!

Dammit! If she had just cast a spell on him when she first met him at the fan meet, none of this would have happened!

Was it wrong for her to want him to fall in love with her in his own accord?

As she was drowning in her own misery, her phone rang. Reading the caller ID, Lisa immediately answered it and cried through the phone.

The speaker on the other end panicked. This girl rarely cries. Something ereally bad would have happened.

“Ji Yeon-ah, what happened?! Why are you cry-”

“Heechul oppa, I’ve lost Jaejoong oppa”

Kim Heechul frowned. “What do you mean? He found a girl there?! Yah, don’t be silly, Jaejoong would never just let a girl become his girlfriend! He the most careful among all of us!”

And that only made her cry harder. “Ji Yeon-ah, how can he like another girl than you? I don’t think there is a girl prettier than you”

Then again, Jaejoong never bothered about beauty. Heechul mused to himself. He was the type to choose character over physical appearance. But he wanted to cheer her up so he told it.

“Ani, there is a girl” Lisa spoke between sobs, “Her name is Reya and oppa is now in her room”

Heechul stilled. “What’s her name again?”

“Reya”

The grip on his phone tightened as flashes of the girl of his dreams began to haunt his eyes.

 

Could it be?

The girl who has been visiting his dreams, who had somehow captured his heart with ease

Could it be her?

 

Is that even possible?

 

“Jang Ji Yeon, don’t you dare do anything to that girl.” Heechul ordered, aware of what the girl is capable of doing. “I’m taking the next flight to New York.”

 

 

Reya was placed on her bed very carefully. Jaejoong took a step behind and looked at her. His eyes later wandered around her room, the one place that kept him sane during the days she wasn’t by his side. Reya then lifted her eyes to sneak a peek as to why he hadn’t begun to speak and noticed him look at her room.

Unexpectedly Jaejoong tore his eyes from the room and looked at her, catching her look at him.

“You wanted to speak” Reya broke the ice

“And you know what I want to speak” Jaejoong retorted.

Something about the man had changed. Reya noted. He was now more confident, stern and determined to win her over.

But she wouldn’t waver. 

“The answer is still no”

“WHY?!”

Reya didn’t reply. She didn’t want to.

And that lit something up within Jaejoong. Aggressively he pulled her by her chin, giving her no option but to look at him. “I am a werewolf Reya.” He began, “And your human enemies can’t do anything to me. Oh, they can try but it’ll be them who would suffer. So you better give me a better reason other than that for me to consider stepping aside. Because woman, I know you like me. You like me Reya, I know you do!”

Consider.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter