The Broken Star

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Reya's dream is in bold italics while thoughts are in italics! 

 

Author POV

 

The fresh morning sunlight brightened the room as the window was opened. Her vision was blurry but as she got used to the brightness, she noticed a tall lean physique turn to look at her. He looked rather familiar but she was unable to remember who he was.

“2 years and three months after disappearing and you end up here?”

There was something about his voice that brought a smile to her lips, bringing in a sudden warmth throughout her heart

“Hello to you too young lord” She grinned

He clicked his tongue and scoffed, rolling his eyes. Arms crossed, the male proceeded to walk towards her. By the look of his Hakchangui it could be concluded that he was of higher cast, maybe even royalty.

“What happened to you?”

“Is that concern my lord?”

“Oh shut up woman!” He snapped, eyes turning sharp and fiery, “This isn’t the time to joke! You are injured for god’s sake!”

Her fingers instinctively reached towards the left of her abdomen, where she felt cloth wrapped around her stomach. A soft groan slipped past her lips as the pressure instituted pain over her wound, forcing her to fall behind to what she noted to be a pillow.

Yes, she was on what felt like a bed.

“What were you thinking when you jumped to take the hit? What if it struck elsewhere?”

“But it didn’t, did it?”

“Nothing would have happened if you hadn’t tried to act a hero in front of Joseon’s best fighter!” She shot him a glare but kept quiet. “And what were you thinking of cross-dressing like a man?! Is this how you hid all this time?!” He continued

She smirked, much to his annoyance. Shooting a glare at her, he turned his back at the bed, his hands crossing by the small of his back. She sighed, eyes briefly shutting as pain began to kick in.

Reya flinched, her hand unconsciously reaching to the left of her stomach.

“Who is he?” She asked

“The youngest prince of Joseon”

“A rebellious one?”

“The hot-headed, righteous one who doesn’t take no for an answer”

“Oh”

A brief silence filled the room. She shut her eyes once again but opened them instantly. “For how long was I knocked out?” She questioned

He heaved a sigh. “He sent for us in last night, asking us to come in secret. Once we gathered only did he tell about your encounter four nights ago. You can only imagine my and Yunho hyungnim’s shock once we recognized it to be you!”

Another moment of silence enveloped between them as they maintained eye contact.

Reya began to etch the male’s features in her heart – from his forehead, his think brown, this eyes, down his long nose, his cheekbones, down his sharp jawline and finally to his lips. He was nothing close to the menace of her sleep but was handsome in every way possible.

Yet, she didn’t feel the rush she feels whenever the other guy invades her dreams.

“Did you tell him who I am?” She asked

“No”

“Good” The male turned to speak but she beat him, “Then help me get out of here”

 

 

Reya sprang out of her bed, eyes wide open. Her hand was still over her left side of her stomach. Her mind was replaying what she had just experienced, though this time it wasn’t anything close to what she had been seeing at night. He wasn’t there this time, instead someone else, someone who made her feel rather at ease visited her in her dreams.

But who was he? She wondered, pushing her body from the softness of her mattress and walked towards the bathroom. She passed the digital clock that showed 2:45 am which forced a groan to slip from her lips. Reya stepped into the bathroom, not bothering to shut the door and the tap to splash some water over her tired face. It was getting obvious that she was not having enough sleep and that was concerning her as to whether Peter or worse, Elizabeth would notice.

Like in all her other dreams, the stranger was talking to her. But her dream was rather different this time for her usual dreams had few to no words interacted with the man of her dreams.

She remembers his face, his tall built, bambi-like eyes, a thin mustache over his pouty lips. Smart and handsome, with a look of authority and a sharp voice, yet was affectionate with her – something people rarely showed to her.

“Now what’s with this other guy?” She muttered under her breath clearly confused. It had always been him – just him, no one but him, but tonight it was someone else talking about him. Though this time she learned something new of him – that he was a prince.

Not just any prince, but a prince of Joseon, currently known as Korea.

But why must she dream of some prince? Why her out of all people?

The confusing questions began to mess her up once again. To get her mind off this, Reya immediately grabbed a hoodie and stepped out to the balcony where her punching bag hung.

Unfortunately, each time she hit the bag she felt like she was sparring with him, bringing bits of the dreams she had. It had been driving her crazy to the point where she yelled to the heavens in complete frustration. Why was she getting the dreams? Why weren’t they ending? Why were new characters developing? She had no idea and it was frustrating her! The dreams too have become vivid, too vivid to the point she hears the background sound of footsteps, people speaking and the birds chirping. Everything seems to be crystal clear and today was no difference.

“Oh this!” She cussed, lifting herself off the ground to give the bag a flying kick. The bag flung away and back, stopping right by her outstretched hands to stop it from hitting her. The sun was far from rising and she wasn’t sleepy. She could go to the FBI but that would lead to unnecessary talk.

She needed a distraction NOW.

One last punch and a frustrated groan, Reya took off to the stairs and out to the road hoping that the added sprint would get her heart busy with pumping oxygen instead of beating faster from the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter