The Plot Thickens

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple are spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

“You’ve made Baekhyun as the crown prince’s man servant?!”

“I did what you asked! I got him to a place where Jaejoong cannot touch!”

“No! I asked to put him somewhere SAFE!”

“It is safe”

“It’s the Palace!”

Jung Yunho sighed. “Dear, there is no place in the Joseon where he doesn’t have the authority, everywhere except for the crown prince and the king”

She began to pull the flower in her hand apart. Her jaws clenched and eyes hard. Silence enveloped between them and Yunho began to pick up the stones by his leg. He was still in his official clothes, a blue hanbok, his sword still intact and his eyes were vigilant of his surroundings. This was the first time he was going behind Kim Jaejoong’s back and he had to be careful. The prince was the type of person who would lay his life down to a loved one but would be the most ruthless towards a backstabber. Yunho wasn’t committing treason now but he couldn’t help but feel guilty.

He couldn’t help it though, he cared for the girl by him more than his prince.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know where else to keep that kid”

“I understand. My Yunho-nari would always do the right thing”

Yunho stiffened once her hands wrapped around his arm that rested over his knee, but instantly calmed. He might be knowing her long but would be lying if he says that her touch isn’t affecting him.

After all, he is a man. A hot blooded one too.

“What type of person is he?”

“Are you asking this because of Baekhyun or”

“Shut up!” She rolled her eyes, “I’ll never see him that way”

“Maybe because you don’t know him.”

Her eyes turned fiery. Yunho merely pulled back to him. “I’m sorry. Very sorry. You are right. No one has the right to force anyone to a marriage. And I am pretty sure the crown prince would not be able to handle you”

She looked unconvinced and verified, “How close are you with the crown prince?”

“Not close enough to discuss with him about his runaway almost-bride. So don’t worry” Yunho assured, “Though I have to say, you surely are bold for coming to Joseon”

“I didn’t want to. I was captured, remember?”

“And the Jaejoong saved you”

“Excuse me! I saved him!”

“Whatever you say…” WHACK! Yunho was hit on his arm forcing him to hiss in pain. “You hit like a man!” He complained.

Silence envied once again though this time both persons’ lips were filled with soft smiles.

“Does he know?”

“No”

“Bet he’ll go crazy once he does”

Yunho laughed. “And probably kill Changmin and me once he finds out” He joked his dread

“Don’t worry, I have a plan”

“And what is that?”

“Just wait and see”

 

 

Lisa looked around to see if she could spot anyone around. Her eyes took one last glance and fell on the phone in her hand. Taking a deep breath she answered it.

“Ji Yeon-ah” An elderly lady spoke from the other end

“Eomma” Lisa greeted, “I presume you have found out where I am”

“What are you doing there Ji Yeon?”

“Being with the one I love”

The elder heaved a sigh. “You seriously love him dear?” She asked

“I was born to love him eomma. Nothing is going to change that. No one will. Not even Heechul oppa”

The elder glanced at the man by her side who softly smiled at her, gesturing her to go ahead.

“Ok dear… If it is that boy you want to be with, I’ll speak with your father and approach his family”

Lisa’s eyes widened in utter shock at what her mother had just uttered. For years she had tried convincing her that the marriage would not happen but she was persistent. But what made her change her mind? Was it her leaving home? Did she finally realize that there was no changing Lisa’s heart?

Or was this her new approach to trap Lisa?

“Eomma, do you mean it?” She verified. “I swear if you are trying to-”

“No I’m not. Please dear. I understand. I understand your feelings. Just come home. I promise.”

Lisa smirked. Her mother is finally coming around. “In that case, I’ll send you his parents’ address. Why don’t you start the talks? Just make it very clear to them that there is no rush in the marriage. I am willing to wait for him even 10 years. All I need is to be his. Only his.”

The elder glanced once again at the man by her side who once again, gestured her to abide to Lisa’s wishes

“Alright dear. I’ll see to that”

“I’ll be there in a week. Good bye mother”

The call ended. The elder looked at the man and sighed. “Are you happy now Heechul?” She asked dejected, “I can’t understand why you always give her whatever she wants!”

Kim Heechul only smiled. “Take care ommeonim”

“But you are not going to be my son in law anymore Heechul-ah” She almost whaled

“Trust me ommeonim, Jaejoong is a very capable man too. And something in me feels that he is the one for our princess”

Bowing at her, Heechul proceeded to his car and drove back to his dorm. Tiredly slumping onto the couch, he threw his head behind and heaved a sigh.

“Why does it look like you are still caught with the marriage?” Leetuk sat by him but meeting Heechul’s grin, the former wanted to take back his words.

“I’m free Leetuk!” He declared, stretching his arms. “I’m free from that goddamn marriage!”

“Wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter