The Search For Answers

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

Reya didn’t dare to look ahead. Her eyes were dead set over her fidgeting fingers as she sat on her designated seat.

“There’s something happening to you. Spill it out”

She swallowed her spit listening to the stern voice.

“Either you tell me or I’ll call Peter now”

“NO!” Reya yelled, body jumping off her seat to stop Elizabeth. “Please, not Peter. Please” She pleaded, now in a hushed whisper.

“Then tell me”

Reya heaved a sigh and ran her fingers over her hair. “It’s a long story” She looked at the lady opposite to her

“And I have all the time in the world” Elizabeth dragged another chair and sat in front.

Sighing yet another time Reya followed her to sit back on her chair. She looked ahead to meet Elizabeth intently looking at her.

There was no way of escape other than to tell her now. She had messed things up big time and had no option but to tell her everything.

It all started when Reya insisted that she would accompany Elizabeth when she remembered that she had to prepare a presentation for the next day. Sitting by her in the dining table, with a warm glass of milk to sip, Reya began to play around with her laptop until she, found herself falling asleep. Only if she hadn’t, she wouldn’t have had another nightmare and wouldn’t have behaved like that!

But she couldn’t help it! It was too scary!

 

Reya shivered once the images popped back into her head. Elizabeth noted this but kept quiet. “I’ve been having these nightmares-” She began

“I’ve noticed” Elizabeth added

“And it…” Reya paused. She looked at Elizabeth eye-to-eye. “Please don’t think I’m crazy now”

Elizabeth’s eyes almost furrowed but she composed herself. “No Reya, go on” She gave her a genuine smile.

“It’s all about the same guy”

Now Elizabeth’s confusion was evident. Reya noted it and continued nevertheless. “The paintings that you saw were actually scenes from my nightmares”

“You dream of a boy?”

“Not that I want to”

The older lady didn’t know what to do. “For how long are you seeing him?”

Now Reya shoot her a look. “That sounds wrong in a lot of ways Elizabeth.” She informed unimpressed

“You know what I meant Reya”

Reya sighed once again. “I don’t know..” She ruffled her hair “It’s been forever. At first it was just blurry images but strangely it’s getting vivid and clearer now, so clear that I hear his voice at times”

Reya continued telling her every dream she had of the unknown male, whom she later learnt was a prince, of how realistic it felt, of the fact that she has this unnerving sense of fright she feels whenever she thinks of him.

“And what did you see this time for you to scream out in fright?”

Her face paled as she bit her lip hard. “I saw him getting attacked by a girl. She jumped at him and ripped flesh off him and”

“Stop” Elizabeth cut her off, showing her palm at Reya, not wanting anymore of her description. “You realize that you need to consult a-”

“I’m not crazy!” Reya shouted. The fact that Peter was asleep in his room was no longer a concern to her

“You don’t need to be crazy to consult a psychiatrist Reya, but don’t think it’s better to-”

“Get confirmation that I’m not losing my mind?” She mocked. “I’m a genius Elizabeth, I know when something is wrong with me.”

“You were crying in your sleep Reya!” Elizabeth continued, “Once hand over your right chest and the other was reaching forward as if you were to reach to someone!”

Reya groaned louder. Things weren’t going in her favor now.

“So please” Elizabeth reached to her hands and held onto them, “Let’s just consult a psychiatrist and get confirmation”

“What if I’m actually having a problem?” There was a hint of anger in her voice

“Then we’ll treat you”

“What about my job? Will the FBI let a mentally ill person to consult in their cases?”

“Reya just”

“No!” She pulled her had away, “I can’t take the chance Elizabeth. I need my freedom! No freaking way I’ll let these stupid dreams ruin my way out to have a normal life.”

“But-”

“Please.” It was Reya’s turn to hold onto Elizabeth’s hands “Please keep this to yourself. I’ll figure something out and stop this myself”

Elizabeth, although trying to convince Reya otherwise, finally gave in. “Please sleep Elizabeth. It’s almost 3 in the morning” Reya urged her.

The other lady, hesitantly nodded and stood up. As she reached the door to Reya’s room she ce again. “Don’t hesitate to call me for anything alright?”

“Alright. Please sleep Elizabeth. You need it”

The door shut giving Reya the opportunity to let out the tears she was holding up. She threw the pillow on her bed in anger as a means to not yell her frustration out. Her fingers reached to the crushed paper that was under the pillow which bore her latest masterpiece of him.

To the others, it was a masterpiece but to her, the very thought of him was ultimate hindrance.

Not having any other way to vent her anger out, she tore in half, then in quarter, over and over again until it couldn’t be torn any further. She hated him, no she loathed him for ruining her life! From being a rude, cocky (which is what most people call her), he has turned her into someone with a mental problem!

Pulling her laptop out, Reya continued with her never-ending search of finding a way of getting out of this mess – a way other than visiting the damned psychiatrist.

 

 

He was watching over a person wearing a black robe, with hair cut to reach just below the neck, back facing him. From where he was looking, behind some shrubs, it looked like a man sitting on his own.

Too bad the observer precisely knew who the lone person was….

“Here you go” A hand jutted out with a black bag “Peaches for you”

It didn’t take a second for the owner of the voice to be recognized, immediately taking the third party to a state of shock and betrayal.

“Peaches?!”

“Yes”

The bag was plucked and immediately dug in. “Gumaptha!” She chirped in glee, resorting to munching the fruit in utter content.

“Aigoo.. This is why I call you peach angel” He shook his head side-to-side, amused at how she gobbled the fruits.

“Haha! I’m no angel!”

“You’re right about that” He seconded, “You’ve been nothing but trouble lately”

“Why? Did I hurt his pride escaping again?” She verified, still continuing to eat.

Jaejoong’s blood began to boil overhearing their conversation but remained quiet in his hideout

“More like pissed him off” He grunted

“Did you just use “pissed off”, my lord?” A hint of teasing laced in her voice

“Oh don’t you dare woman! You have no idea how difficult it is to act like I have no idea about you!”

“Wow! You look like you’ve committed treason…” She pointed out completely amused at how frightened he was of the prince

Damn right he has! He has betrayed trust, most importantly – fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter