A Very Merry Bumpy Ride

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Did I get another vote?!

AWESOME!!!!!

Thank you LovePoetry :)

 

Anyways, 

THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

 

Author POV

 

By the time Peter stepped out of the interrogation room Reya had fallen asleep yet again. Sitting over a swelling chair with her injured foot resting over another, Reya was bent over the table, her head resting over her right arm. She had incurred multiple injuries, a rather deep cut over her right ankle which happened when her kidnappers cut her anklet, now swollen, a hard bruise over her right arm caused when she was fleeing from the pent house, a gashed lip and multiple scrapes around her fingers. His lips creaked into a smile, taking long strides towards the sleeping girl. It seemed she was drawing something, rather someone, coaxing Peter to take a closer look.

There he was, the nightmare of her dreams once again in black and white. Oh! The magic Reya could do with simply a pencil and paper truly can amaze anyone.

“Only if you hadn’t such a difficult childhood, you surely would have been someone very influential in society” Peter muttered at the sleeping girl. His eyes later lowered, only to frown at the clothes she had worn.

Recognizing his voice, Reya stirred awake. “Hey Peter” She lazily greeted, squeezing her left eye

“What on earth are you wearing?” His stern voice instantly woke her up.

“This is comfortable” She explained, forcing Peter to roll his eyes and walk to the closest chair. “Is it done?” She asked of the investigation.

“Almost.” He replied, “Thanks to you we actually captured a big fish. Good job Reya”

She grinned, felling victorious. Peter rarely compliments her, never – to be accurate. It was always a nod or a tap over her shoulder each time she finishes the job. For her to hear those words come out of his mouth made all her suffering worthwhile.

The door opened, forcing the both of them to look at the person coming in. “About time” Peter muttered as he stood up and walked towards the officer.

Reya smiled, not out of happiness but just did as the very familiar extended body part, now brand new, was being brought towards her. Before they could ask she threw her left leg over the chair and pulled her floor length skirt up. Wordlessly Peter bent and did the honors of putting the anklet on her.

“It’s going to feel weird having it on my left ankle” Reya’s shoulders slumped.

Peter only smirked. “Flight’s in an hour.” He informed, “Diana will accompany you”

“Ok”

“And you’ll be staying at my place.” His words made her look back at him, “Elizabeth’s orders.” He immediately justified.

It was irrelevant to Reya. The fact that someone actually bothered to take care of her, for the first time in her life, made her feel something warm deep in her. “Thank you” Her words were genuine

Peter didn’t have a response. He couldn’t respond. Especially with how touched Reya was right now. These are moments he hated, such moments where his conscious coaxes him to show how much he has come to care Reya. Instead, he simply nodded, informed her that she leaves to the airport in an hour and walked out of the room.

 

 

Jaejoong made himself comfortable on the seat of his car. Blankly staring at the passing buildings, he quietly waited. Yoochun was sitting by him while Junsu was on the other end. Their manager was sitting shot gun while a driver from the hotel manned the vehicle. His fingers creeping into the pocket, feeling the paper later almost pinching it as he bit the joint of his index finger of his other hand. They were her letters, something Jaejoong had oddly grown much attached to. He wasn’t sure why, neither did he care, but the fact that she gave her suggestions, which Jaejoong immediately colored out in his sketch and appreciated her feedback, despite how much trouble she was in, made him extremely happy.

Oh if he could just meet her.. Just once so that he could thank and inquire of her health would be enough for him.

Arriving at the departure terminal, Jaejoong and the boys grabbed their luggage and quickly went into customs to get their boarding passes. The manager had gotten them morning tickets because of Jaejoong’s situation at night. Last night was an exception and they weren’t ready to take any chances. Ayana had organized a place for them to live, initially only for Jaejoong, but Yoochun and Junsu were adamant to be there for him so she made arrangements for the trio. Lisa wasn’t happy but when Ayana informed that she would join them, her mood turned a complete 360. She now was happily following the boys in another vehicle, itching to be in New York already so that she could be closer to the love of her life!

The boys were given first class while the rest of the staff flew in economy. Lisa wasn’t happy. For two reasons. The first one, the obvious one actually, was that she was far from Jaejoong, and secondly, well, she had NEVER flown economy in her life and was coaxed to do so again!

Jaejoong better fall on one knee and ask her hand in marriage for all the sacrifices she is doing just to be by him!

“Five and a half hours Lisa.. And you’ll be in the adjacent room to oppa” She muttered under her breath and buckled up.

Ignoring whoever sat by her, Lisa her earphones, made herself comfortable and closed her eyes, welcoming her imagination to entertain her until she lands.

 

 

Reya bore a rather troubled look as she planted herself on the seat of the airplane.One – she grabbed a lot of people’s attention because she was forced to use a wheelchair to come into the plane. Two – She has a teeny, weeny problem with flying

“Why can’t we seriously use a police car or something?” Reya tried her luck once again

Looking at Diana’s reaction, Reya knew she had to give up trying.

“Try listening to some music”

“Like Miss. I-don’t-like-flying-in-economy-but-have-no-option-to-do-so?”

Oh, and Reya has the gift of deducting the type a person is by simply looking at him/her. You could say it’s one of the perks of being a genius. It sometimes comes in handy but always most of the time, is considered a nuisance by the general public.

“Didn’t Peter order you to stop judging people?” Diana shot her a glare

“But it’s obvio– urgh! I hate this!” Reya gave up explained and leaned back. “I shouldn’t keep my foot on the floor!” She complained

“You know, for a criminal, getting an economy class flight ticket paid by the government of USA sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter