When the Internal Alarm Kicks In

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

Reya found herself by the gate of a house. She found herself in a trance, looking at the architecture of the building.

“They rebuilt it the same way, didn’t they?” A voice spoke from behind as the distinct sound of the car door being shut was heard.

Reya could only nod, eyes still glued on the house allowing both Dean and Sam to stand on either sides of her.

She show her right hand and Dean, who immediately grabbed the gun that she hand, glaring her down for a moment.

Reya rolled her eyes and looked ahead while Dean was affectionately cleaning, blowing and caring for his gun. Sam then threw his arm over her shoulder and brought Reya to him, giving her an assuring squeeze. He clearly knew what was going in her head for he too, both Winchester boys actually, lost their mother in what looked like a fire.

Both boys, just like her were filled with rage and vengeance towards their mother’s murderer and would stop at nothing until that sinful person suffers a 100 times worse than their mother did.

The memory of saving Reya minutes before the house burst into flames was still fresh in both boys’ eyes. If it wasn’t for Sam’s stubborn order to get him something to eat, their father wouldn’t have taken them out. And if it wasn’t for their full stomach Dean wouldn’t have wanted to go for a walk.

And if they hadn’t walked, they wouldn’t have noticed the men with guns walk out of the lone house.

“Know who lives here now?” Sam questioned while Dean was fitting the gun in this waistband.

“Mother of two – Jack aged 3 and little Ana, aged one and half.” Reya informed. “She is a nurse working at the hospital while her husband is cheating on her with their babysitter”

The boys didn’t need to ask any further question. They knew why she was around here. This family is in a similar situation to what she was in.

Sam let out a breath. He was about to speak but Reya beat him. “There are 3 hours until work starts.” She shifted her glance from Sam to Dean, “I need to know everything about the werewolves”

Reya led the way back to the car, taking the initiative of sitting in the backseat while Dean and Sam quietly got into the driver’s and passenger seat respectively. As the engine roared to life they heard the little girl cry, finally awake, hungry for milk.

 

 

“The whole story revolves around a curse. By a white witch who generally is someone who is considered to be harmless to humans.” Sam explained. “She fell in love with a Korean prince and he was killed by the werewolf princess so she cursed the whole race, forbidding them from finding love.”

“Was his heart ripped off his body?”

Dean, who was about to have a bite of his burgher stopped halfway. “How do you know that?”

Reya fell back to her seat. “Remember when I first spoke?” She looked at the Winchesters

“Oh course, you began speaking in some other”

“You spoke in Korean” Sam cut off Dean, and the latter shot his younger brother an unimpressed look

Reya nodded. “It’s because he was making me to speak”

“Who?” Both brothers chorused

“Jaejoong”

“What?!”

Stunned by the frightening events that she had witnessed little Reya was at a state of utter shock and lost her ability to speak. The Winchesters tended to her wounds and fed her but were unable to get anything out of her. It took her three days to speak, more like blabber a bunch of nonsense in the middle of the night and run away from the motel the boys’ father had kept them in.

“It’s just- I’ve been seeing him in my dreams… Not him!” She immediately corrected, “Someone like him, who looked like a prince actually” She added.

The boys blankly looked at her not knowing what to do.

“That night I first saw him.” Reya continued, “It wasn’t clear but I felt like he was making me talk… telling me to be strong. To be the girl he first saw. That Reya wasn’t a weakling but a fighter. It was vague, weird and it scared me to the core, because when I opened my eyes, he wasn’t there!”

The boys remained quiet, literally stopping themselves from eating, let alone blinking their eyes as Reya narrated her unspoken interactions when the guy who turned out to be a doppelganger of Kim Jaejoong.

“Wait – so you dreamt of him dying?!” Dean had to verify. This was getting creepier than they thought it was.

It was one thing that people in the past are reborn, but for a girl, this girl, to see him – the past version of Jaejoong, like in a movie, was downright NUTS!

“It felt like I was injured. Like I wanted to stop this little girl who now I understand was a wolf, but I couldn’t. I was in so much pain that I could only see her pounce onto him and” Reya stopped, sighing, “Guys, I can’t speak about that. It scared the living daylights of me”

Dean and Sam looked at one another, and looked back at Reya.

“That guy is the dead prince reborn” Sam began, “When we asked if you were the witch, they denied it too.” He added. “But with this new information, it has to mean that you had some connection to the prince, else there is no reason for you to be seeing the happenings of the past” He concluded

“How sure are you that I was seeing the past?” Reya asked back.

“I don’t see any other logical-”

“Nothing that is happening lately is logical Sam!” Reya snapped. “Both look the same, they sound the same and God damn it guys! They drive me crazy the same way too!”

“Well he is said to be the re-”

“I heard you the first time Sam” Reya gritted her teeth, shooting him a glare

Dean rolled his eyes and continued to ravish the burgher. Sam on the other hand gave up eating and was trying to think of a reason.

“You had to have a role in this Reya, else there is no reason a random girl to see of the prince..” He declared,

“What’s weirder is that lately I’ve been seeing things when I am awake” Reya sighed. “This started once I met Jaejoong”

“What did you see?”

She then narrated what she saw, and in the end dropping something unexpected.

“Assuming that you are right and I’m seeing the past, then” She paused, hating what her 189 IQ brain had deduced, “Then it means that I, no! -This person I am seeing myself as” She corrected herself instantaneously, “she liked the prince”

 Dean scratched his head. “But he’s not your type” He deadpanned.

“But it seems he was hers” Reya justified

“And if she is, I don’t know, the old version of you?” Sam questioned

“ my life then”

It was decided that the Winchesters would do more digging up on the werewolf legend and they would regroup in 2 days. Since it was time for work, they got out of the diner and headed to their vehicle. While walking towards the 1986 Impala that the boys owned, Reya spotted a flower shop and stopped.

Dean looked to where she was looking and spotted white lilies, her mother’s favourite flowers. Letting out a deep breath Dean Winchester walked let the way to the shop. He might act like an but he wasn’t insensitive.

“C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter