Turned

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Author POV

 

Shock was an underestimated word to be used to describe what Changmin felt when Jaejoong was the one to speak from Baekhyun’s phone.

“What the-” He was at a loss of words, “How are you having Baekhyun’s phone?”

The owner was pushed away so that he wouldn’t know what Jaejoong was upto with his phone. He tried to get it back but Ayana didn’t let him.

“Baek, please” She smiled. “He is also trying to surprise Reya and you are the only one who can help him”

“Why Changmin sunbae?!” Baekhyun asked

“Well Reya likes him”

“No she doesn’t” Baekhyun corrected, “Noona likes the Spanish singer” He was referring to Enrique Eglesias

“Well Jaejoong thinks she likes him so yeah”

Baekhyun was clearly amused. Shim Changmin?! Gawd, he’s lost it!

Impatiently he waited for his phone. He had no other option but to. Afterall he is no match to the werewolf in front of him.

Changmin meanwhile was still trying to process what he just heard. Did his former bandmate just say that his friend was alive?!

“Seriously hyung, how can you-”

“Reya is alive and she is living in the same mansion where I am. And she is Baekhyun’s guardian” Jaejoong just spat it out without any build up. “It’s her birthday in a couple of hours’ time and I want you to wish her with a smile, and not cry like you always do each year”

Silence was the reply from the recipient. And Jaejoong understood why. It was clearly too much for him to process.

“Changmin-ah, I’ll call you from my number now. Don’t reject it okay? That brat is fussing for his phone right now” Jaejoong, overhearing what Baekhyun had just told, gritted his teeth.

Around him were Junsu and Yoochun, itching to speak with the maknae but kept their mouths shut. Noticing this Jaejoong smiled,

“And Junsu and Yoochun also want to speak with you so don’t reject it okay?”

“Proof” Changmin spoke just as he was to end the call. “I need proof”

Jaejoong smiled. “Just answer my call Changmin-ah okay?”

The next 15 minutes almost gave Changmin a brain freeze. Jaejoong had shared a picture of the girl, even the fact that her heart was on the right, also about the mother – his dear doctor. Somehow she had escaped the fire another girl took her place.

How could this be?!

How in the world could this be true?!

Unable to hold his ground he just sat on the couch the whole night, scaring the hell out of Yunho the next day morning.

“Changmin-ah, were you staying here the whole night?”

“Hyung, whatever schedule we have, we need to finish it by 7 pm. Whatever it is”

“Chang-” Yunho wanted to inquire but the youngest didn’t leave any room and left to the washroom. As their manager was on his way to pick them up, Yunho too walked to his room to change and ready for yet another long, busy day.

But he couldn’t help but keep an eye on this bandmate. Changmin had always been very serious about his work, but the boy next to him today was different. Patiently he waited until the two of them were left alone for lunch and then spoke with him.

“Tell me what happened” Yunho went to the point. They had only 15 minutes and he couldn’t waste time.

Changmin stopped his chopstick midair and looked at the leader. Placing the piece of Kimbap back into the disposable plate, he took the trouble to walk to the door and check if anyone was around. Confirming that the coast was clear, he spat it out.

“Jaejoong hyung called. Reya is alive”

The two unexpected names combined with the two unexpected verbs in the pair of 3 worded sentences forced Yunho to sit by Changmin 5 hours later and eagerly wait for the phone call.

“What are you going to tell her?” Yunho asked, looking at the phone and the boy

“I’ll wish her first” Changmin calmly replied. “And then I’ll see what to speak next”

“Do you think he likes her?”

Changmin swallowed his spit. “I don’t know but the timing seems like he wants to surprise her, rather than tell me the truth”

Yunho smiled and held back his tongue, looking lovingly at Changmin who had eagle eyes on the phone in his hold.

52 minutes later, the very familiar contact name “thief” lit up the screen, getting both boys to straighten their spines. Changmin immediately answered the video call and was greeted by three familiar face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter