Dead Man's Blood

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

It took some time for Jaejoong to process what was happening. One thing he realized was that his mind literally tunes on Reya and Reya only when they are close. The kiss only made things worse. Now he was wanting her undivided attention on him. The fact that she was pushing him away was getting him rather annoyed but when he finally sensed something approaching only did he snap back.

He pulled her with him, sensing danger is just below their balcony. “You idiot! Run!” She tried to push him away.

“Not without you!” He pulled her forcibly, making her trip on her footing.

“AH!” She yelled as pain kicked in, almost falling if only Jaejoong hadn’t held her but stilled noticing a pair of hands grip on the balcony. “Kim Jaejoong, let”

Jaejoong wrapped his arm around her waist and hoisted her up and sped in but stilled once their intruder jumped into the balcony.

 

He wasn’t human.

And neither a werewolf.

 

The third party smirked. His eyes fell on the wet bandage and grabbed it as he stood up. Jaejoong’s blood boiled watching him sniff the bandage and the dried blood.

“Ok. Now that’s disgusting” Reya couldn’t help but cringe.

“Not very often do we find someone as tasty as beautiful they are”

Reya wanted to puke. That was the grossest pickup line she had ever gotten. She gasped though feeling Jaejoong’s grip around her stomach tighten.

“Who are you?!” Jaejoong growled in Korean protectively trying to push Reya behind him but she didn’t let him.

“I’m Moris, your majesty” He shockingly responded in Korean.

“What are you doing here?” Jaejoong remained firm in his place, giving up on getting her behind him and maintained his arms around her stomach, almost like a back hug position.

“Following orders”

“Which is?”

“Killing you”

Jaejoong stilled but Reya didn’t waver. She maintained her gaze over the male who still maintained his identity unknown in the dark. She wasn’t new to death threats and this wasn’t a new experience for her only this time she was seemingly not the target.

Reya didn’t dare to speak but began to scrutinize the assailant to find a weak point. He is merely a pawn therefore she shouldn’t do something that would kill him. She had to take things subtle – lure him and then target her shot towards one of the weak points in his body, knock him unconscious and then interrogate him.

And that couldn’t only happen if Jaejoong loosens his death grip on her.

But, something about him was different. The fact that he climbed up without any aid at speeds an average human cant climb made her think twice.

“Aren’t you a clever one” He smirked. “You’re right dear. I am not normal. I’m far from normal – I’m immortal.”

Reya’s eyes widened. Unconsciously she reached to Jaejoong and gripped the fabric of his tee giving the attacker the unsaid threat that if he were to get to Jaejoong, it would be through her. She didn’t trust his words but she didn’t want to take the chance. No way would she let him hurt Jaejoong, no matter how much she had suffered because of the idol.

The other man smirked. “I was thinking of taking you with me darling. What you just did leaves me no option but to kill you too” and took a step closer.

Oh, that was something he should have never said...

Reya felt a subtle change in Jaejoong. Within the next split second Reya was pushed behind and the attacker charged forward.

“JAEJOONG!” She yelled but flinched when the door was kicked open.

“DUCK!” A rather familiar deep voice ordered and Reya grabbed Jaejoong with all her might forcing him to crash over her.

“Let go! I am going to kill him for threating you” Jaejoong gritted his teeth and wiggled his arms from her.

But she didn’t let him go. “Don’t you dare try to act hero” She warned forcing Jaejoong to glare back at her.

It was only then did she notice something golden once again.

 

She stilled.

 

Jaejoong wasn’t Jaejoong anymore. He was turning into something rather hauntingly familiar.

 

Shots were fired in the background but her eyes were dead set on the male in her arms.

“You two out!” The new male ordered. Reya nodded and pulled Jaejoong with her.

“Come with me dammit” She ordered, “Before I leave you forever!”

Jaejoong growled at her words, momentarily stunning their savior. “DEAN!” Reya yelled, “Look ahead!” She distracted him, her hands unconsciously wrapping around Jaejoong’s head, away from Dean’s view.

One strong pull and she dragged Jaejoong out of the room and mingled with the panicky crowd. She still had Jaejoong’s face covered from anyone’s view feeling the change happening,

“Don't you dare say that again” He growled over her neck, his sharp nails almost piercing through her clothes. “I can't without you.”

In any other circumstance she would have pushed him away but not this time. For some odd reason this was familiar to her, as if she had been in a similar situation.

“Breathe” She whispered to his ear, “Take control of it. You are the master, remember that. Calm down and take control of it.”

Her words shocked herself but she didn’t care any less. Pulling her phone out she the flash light and found her way towards the emergency exit. The feeling of having him rest over the curve where her next and shoulder meet was rather uneasy and equally familiar, the way his arms wrapped around her, the sound of his breathing – everything was spookily familiar, getting the girl’s mind jumble in a frenzy.

“Reya” Jaejoong finally sounded like himself and she, without a second’s hesitance, let go of him.

“Good” She breathed out, noting that he was back to normal. “Now let’s get the hell out of here”

Before another word could be spoken she began to move away.

“Reya I-”

“Faster now! Those shots w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter