The Night Together

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in bold italics is the flashback

 

Author POV

 

The Prince clad in an all-black hanbok, a loose black scarf tied around his neck, fully drenched was pacing through the woods. Over his shoulder was an equally wet unconscious body wearing what looked like a black pair of pants and something like a hanbok but shorter, hair cut short, signifying that the person wasn’t from Joseon. For a male, Jaejoong sure found him quite lightweight. But given the fact that he was a fighter, coming to Jaejoong’s aid even though he had it all covered, Jaejoong came to a conclusion that this boy was properly trained and well build for his age. Jaejoong clenched the drenched boy’s sword tightly and proceeded ahead, making sure to look down his right to keep an eye on the little girl.

“Just a little more alright?” He informed, his tone soft, with a small smile break between his lips to assure the little girl. She nodded, still frightened, tightening her hold over the hem of his hanbok. The prince would have pulled her closer, even carried the sweet little thing but didn’t due to the sword in his hand.

Everything was happening as planned. The ship stopped where they thought it would and the crew was surrounded and the hostages rescued. Yes, they did put up a fight but the prince’s team was the best of the best fighters, handpicked by the king himself from various parts in the whole country. Jung Yunho took the charge of taking the hostages back to the capital along with any treasures while Jaejoong and his team of 4 fought the crew.

It was during one such duel when Jaejoong sensed that someone was coming at him from his back. He was ready to turn but the man in front of him was stronger than the others, forcing the fight to last longer than expected. Ultimately the prince pierced his sword down his stomach, forcing the opponent to fall back and lose conscious and turned, but was caught back in surprise to see a third party block the sword that was aimed at him.

“AH!” The male yelled at the force of the opponent’s sword when it pierced into his stomach, but aid came when Jaejoong took the initiative of giving him a roundhouse kick on the male’s head, instantly knocking the assaulter down. Jaejoong turned to his (he hates to admit it but can’t help but use that word) “savior” but gasped witnessing the boy slip down the ship and into the water.

In the blink of his eye Jaejoong noticed a little girl race towards the edge of the ship, almost jumping out but held her back.

“STAY!” He ordered and jumped instead to bring the boy back to the shore.

Ordering his team to take the prisoners to jail, Jaejoong took his path to bring the boy back to his conscious. By the looks of it, riding back to the city for medication would be risky since a lot of blood was being lost, therefore Jaejoong changed course and headed to his closest safe house which was hidden in the deep dark part of the woods.

Kicking the door open, Jaejoong threw the sword away and immediately placed the boy on the closest table. “Little girl” He turned to her, “Don’t come any closer. I don’t want you to see any of this”

Seeing that the child made no movement, Jaejoong quickly guided her to sit on the furthest side of the room. “Stay here. Please don’t come any close, and don’t look out” Jaejoong smiled genuinely, not wanting the child to see the blood.

The girl hesitantly nodded, still alarmed at the stranger, but after seeing him dive into the water and save her protector, she felt rather safe around him too.

Removing the temporary cloth that was formally part of his outfit, Jaejoong immediately ripped the top around where the wound was. Immediately he disinfected his hands by dipping them in warm water and got on with absorbing any more excess blood, making sure to have a constant check on his pulse. He didn’t feel anything about his body since it – as he expected showed signs of workout, though he found it rather unusual to have his skin rather soft and creamy, almost tempting him to run his hand over his skin.

Done with the dressing, Jaejoong got on with changing the boy to a fresh set of clothes – his clothes that were there in the safe house. Only when the top was torn off the body did Jaejoong notice something that made his heart quicken in speed.

Finally did he understand why he almost salivated at the sight and feel of the soft, creamy skin.

He had just touched a woman’s body for the first time in his life.

 

 

Baekhyun silently observed Ayana speak with a group of men who later dispersed and followed her to their car. Ayana was expecting him to ask but to her luck he didn’t. She wanted to speak with him but didn’t know what to do. She remembers him to be a non-stop chatterbox where once her uncles Yunho and Changmin tied his mouth with thick cloth to get a break, but this carbon copy of her guardian with the same name as him was the opposite, except for the fact that he is fond of Reya, very fond to be accurate.

But with the trouble she has put herself into, especially by letting Jaejoong stay back when she was specifically sent with him to make sure he comes back, was keeping her on the edge. Ayana had placed the best fighters in their pack on guard yet she was feeling uneasy. Jaejoong was supposed to be clearly dependent on his lover, instead he is crawling towards the girl who is supposed to be with the boy beside her!

Lisa frowned once Ayana stepped into the mansion Jaejoong-less. But once she noticed the newcomer, an uneasy shiver ran down her spine. Oh she recognized him! From anywhere she could recognize him!

“Why don’t you sit while I ready a room for you?” Ayana suggested,

“Not needed. I’ll use noona’s room” Baekhyun smiled.

Noona? Now who is that?

“Oh..” Ayana smiled, “Sure. I’ll take you to her room then”

Lisa was shocked. Was Byun Baekhyun also known to this Reya girl? How many idols would want to be in her room now?! What nonsense is this?!

“Where is oppa?” She stopped Ayana from climbing the stairs, forcing Baekhyun to look at her. She ignored him and focused at the girl instead.

“He decided to spend the night with her”

Her eyes widened. “I thought I was his mate!”

“You are”

“Then why is he with her?”

“He was adamant.”

Lisa fired up at her response. Oh she was going to kill Reya tonight! First she grabs Jaejoong’s attention and now she has him in her bedroom!

“Where is she?” Her voice turned sharp and low

“Lisa don’t-”

“If you think something is going to happen between them, you have got it all wrong” Baekhyun shockingly cut in. “My noona is not that type of person.” He assured. “If your oppa tries to make a move, he will be seeing his deathbed soon.” Baekhyun smirked, “She slammed him on the table for kissing him, I can only imagine what she’d do to him if he thinks maliciously.”

Lisa was rendered speechless watching Baekhyun smile at Ayana and urge her to show him his room for the night.

“That was harsh, you know that?” Ayana broke the ice as they ascended the stairs

“Is she his girlfriend?” Baekhyun ignored her and asked her instead

“Uh huh..” Ayana softly responded

“I see”

They reached the room and Ayana opened it. Informing him to just shout out in case he needs anything, Ayana left him. She wasn’t sure what to do or think now.

Why is she struggling with her newborn when t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter