Worlds Collide

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple are spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

Throwing her legs over a chair, Reya leaned back on the couch, eyes shut and arms crossed. Things were quiet during the day since both Elizabeth and Peter had to go to work, saving her from any more serious talks. The peaceful silence did not last long since Baekhyun began to endlessly knock on the door of the Burke residency. He did get one hell of a shelling for not listening to her and coming back but Baekhyun didn’t bother. Yes, he knows of the dangers of being with her but he couldn’t bother about it. Call it blind fate, he just knew that Reya would, in case something happens, rescue him by hook or by crook.

Together they ordered Thai for lunch and had a mini-feast while watching the movie SWAT on television. They had a small walk around the neighborhood, which, much to his delight, Reya, who made sure to wear a hoodie and a baseball cap, held onto him tight and close the whole time. Some did do a double take to see the hooded couple enjoy, which looked like a romantic walk, while the others simply continued with their work.

Now Reya was simply chilling at the living room not thinking of anything specific, but simply enjoying the silence.

Until that damned phone of hers rang.

“Now why is he calling again?” She frowned. Baekhyun had, not 5 minutes ago, informed her that he had safely gone to his room, just as she asked him before he left the Burke residencies.

Nevertheless she picked her phone up and answered the call. “Now what-”

“Without making a scene, tell us where she is”

 

Reya stilled. She knew that voice.

 

“Why are you asking about my noona?”

“Just tell me where she is!”

 

It was that voice.

 

“No, I won’t”

“Yah! Don’t test my patience Byun Baekhyun! I need to know where she is!”

 

His voice.

 

She sprang out of the couch and got to her room. Grabbing the bandage, Reya immediately added another layer around her wounded ankle, attentively listening to the call, which obviously was a SOS signal from Baekhyun.

 

The door to the Burke residence opened but Mrs. Suit was almost pushed to the door once Reya sprang out.

“Where are you going with that foot of yours?!”

“Baekhyun’s in trouble!”

“WHAT?!”

“BYE!”

The friendly neighborhood yellow taxi stopped within seconds and Reya, almost tripping by the door to the passenger seat, hopped in and directed the driver to the destination. It wasn’t far – just around the block, meaning she would be in two minutes at the hotel.

 

No, it wasn’t him.

It couldn’t be him.

NO WAY COULD HE BE REAL.

 

“No! I won’t tell you!” Baekhyun was persistent, frightened but still managing to talk back at his scary sunbae stand on the opposite end of the coffee table at the lobby.

“Baekhyun-ah” Yoochun stepped in before Jaejoong loses his temper. “We need your noona’s help on something”

“What help?”

“Yah imma! If we ask something you answer to it and not ask back!” Jaejoong took a threatening step ahead but stilled welcoming a shiver down his spine.

The familiar scent that he has been craving lately, this time though, the owner, the very goddess he held onto in his arms was right behind him.

 

The moment he had been yearning for had finally come!

 

Ok Kim Jaejoong, turn.

Turn and talk to -

SLAM!

Both Junsu and Yoochun gasped, taking a step back as Jaejoong was knocked down, head slammed onto the table and hand twisted over his back in a submissive hold.

“Alright , who are you and what do you want from me?!” Reya hissed, one hand holding onto his wrist while the other pressing him over the wood, making sure to keep whoever it was in place.

Her eyes darted from him and to the boy in front. Baekhyun immediately skipped to his designated position during trouble – behind Reya.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter