Opening Up

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

Lisa couldn’t help but wonder why Heechul wanted to come to New York. Something about that panicky tone got her to an edge. Yes, he has always cared about Jaejoong, looking out for him even when the latter had debuted before him, but why? Why panic?

She looked at the mansion, at its walls. Reya, out of nowhere came to her mind. She hated her the moment she saw her at the plane. She had always loved the attention she got from both men and women who always turned to take another look at her – she was very pretty, always loving the look of envy by the females and the look of awe, the look of wanting to make her theirs by the men.

Back at home, there were a lot of agencies asking her to debut but she rejected them all since that wasn’t her ‘thing’.

But when she saw Reya walk into the plane, she herself almost stopped doing everything what she was doing to just take a look at her. Reya was injured, limping, without a blimp of makeup, yet she was beautiful.

Not pretty – but beautiful

And Lisa always hated women who outshone here.

 

She was actually happy that the woman disappeared during the flight, so you could only imagine her shock when she came back being carried by the one man she had given up everything for.

Never, I repeat, never has Jaejoong done something like this before. Yes, Jaejoong always helps the female staff around by ordering the men to not let them carry anything heavy, but never has he carried a woman.

And it shocked her to the core. Not just her, but the team who were sitting around bore the same face as hers.

But then Kim Jaejoong did the unimaginable – he kissed her, and that, oh dear, is still being the talk of the staff.

Especially when she came to their concert, to the backstage and talking to (more like yelling at) Jaejoong, hell touching his cheek! (Oh my! Lisa wanted to burn her fingers then and there!), the gossip only worsened!

 

Seriously, just how could he choose her over Lisa?! Wasn’t this soul mate thing unchangeable?

 

Wait…. Does that mean that his choice will not change?

 

A frightening shiver ran down her spine as that thought crossed over. NO! THAT CANNOT HAPPEN! NOT AFTER THE SACRIFICES SHE HAS DONE JUST TO BE WITH HIM!

 

Lisa shook her head to brush that thought away and took the stairs up. She had to see Jaejoong now. At least have him look at her to calm herself down. She would then wait till Heechul comes and then take action. He is after all the one man who she could lean on with matters regarding to Jaejoong so if he says to keep low, she would.

Climbing to the second floor she met the Junsu who informed her that the love of her life had gone for a run. Having known how much Jaejoong values his physique Lisa easily bought the excuse although the dissatisfaction of not seeing him was visible. So she asked when he had left, to which a response of 15 minutes was given.

“I guess he’d come back soon, right oppa? Since he doesn’t know this area much”

“Forgot that he had the sense of a wolf?” Junsu reminded her, “He would never get lost”

Lisa only nodded and watched Junsu take the stairs down. “What about Reya?” She stopped Junsu from taking another step down

“I saw her heading to work early in the morning” He replied

“Oh, ok. Thanks oppa” Lisa smiled letting out a breath of relief. Junsu noted this yet acted otherwise, smiled back and got on with climbing down.

“I guess this is the chance to go to oppa’s room” Lisa’s face brightened and skipped to Jaejoong’s room to do something she had always wanted to...

Unleash the sasaeng in her

 

 

No one knew what Reya was thinking since she seemed to have turned to stone, simply staring at the graves. Her eyes wandered around the vicinity of the graves noting that they were clean. She then spotted the lilies on the right most grave.

“Oh two boys were there when we came” Elizabeth informed noting where Reya’s gaze was set on.

Reya let go of Baekhyun and walked towards the grave. She heard what Elizabeth had spoken but she was in no state to reply, let alone acknowledge it. She finally meets her mother, her beautiful mom who now was nothing but part of the soil, nourishing the earth with whatever that remained of herself from the fire.

Her eyes were dead set on the flowers that were wedged into the soil, standing tall in an upright position. Wordlessly she walked towards the grave and picked up the flowers. Sitting by the mounted soil, Reya began to wedge each flower into the soil, making sure to keep equal spaces between them. The others silently overlooked not moving a muscle, just looking at Reya carefully decorate her mother’s grave one flower at a time.

A gently hold over Elizabeth’s arm coaxed her to look at her husband. Taking one last look at the girl, Elizabeth and Peter began their way back to the car, giving the girl some space with her family.

Done with her deed Reya hugged her knees and just remained in the same position, staring at one grave after another. Baekhyun took the initiative of sitting by her, reaching to hold onto her hand. Instinctively she leaned her head over his arm. Memories of her play with the girl, of Bella follow Reya around wherever she goes made her heart twist in pain. She was deaf and dumb, little Bella Tomas, and never went to school. Reya too hadn’t stepped into a school since their departure from Seoul was unplanned and their mom had spent most of her savings on getting a house for them to stay. Finally, after two months of struggle, Sonia Kim got a job in the local hospital where she met little Bella. She was sick and her mother brought her to hospital though she didn’t have money to pay the bill. Being the kindhearted person Sonia was, she treated he child with her money and, because Bella’s mom was persistent to pay her back, Sonia brought both mother and daughter to their house to help them out with the cleaning.

Three weeks later, the unthinkable happened.

 

She should be the one dead instead. Not that sweet girl.

Then again, if Bella were alive, she would have suffered as much as Reya, or even worse due to her limited ability.

That was a lame excuse though. Because she should have stopped her from going inside. She should have dragged her to the kennel and kept her to safety.

But it was too late now wasn’t it? Too late to think other possibilities. Very too late. Reality was right in front of her in the form of 3 graves –

She WILL avenge their deaths. Even if it costs her life.

“What are you thinking noona?” Baekhyun asked.

“If you sister tries to do anything to me Baek. I will ruin her life”

Venom. It was only venom, pure anger and vengeance laced in her voice, giving chills down the idol’s spine.

It was something Baekhyun expected. Though it was the first time she was visiting the graves he knew not to expect her to breakdown, cry and lose her mind at the sight of her mother’s resting place.

Because this woman was no ordinary woman – she was unique, different and strong – inside and out.

That was why people were sure that she was not born with emotions. Baekhyun hoped, a part of him really did hope that the assumption was wrong. But looking at her now he himself confirmed that this girl he wanted to take care of actually needed no taking care at all.

 

But why was she leaning on his shoulder then? Was it out of habit?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter