Some Answers, More Questions

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

The Chairman, seated on his seat has his fingers tapping over his work table as he looked at the Seoul skyline. He was waiting, patiently waiting until the doors to his room opened. And finally when it was knocked, he turned to face his table eyeing the tall gents clad in crisp suits walk in. His secretary bowed at him and closed the door leaving the two males stand by the door.

“Please, take your seats” The Chairman showed the seats on the opposite site of his work table and watched them make themselves comfortable on the expensive chairs.

The next couple of seconds were spent in silence with one male smiling at the elder while the other was simply looking at him.

“Hope everything went well” The Chairman broke the ice.

“Yes, everything went well sir” Yunho, knowing that Changmin wouldn’t bother to.

“Then that’s good.” The elder nodded, “I’m come to the point since we are all busy men..” He bent forward to rest his arms over the table, fingers finding their way to interlace, “Tell me everything you know of the child”

Both Yunho and Changmin looked at one another and then back at the older gent. “I’m sorry, who?” Changmin shot him a questioning look, “Which child are you referring to?”

The elder took in a deep breath. “I’ve… I’ve been having these flashes for a really long time” He began, “Of this little girl, playing, calling me appa, making me feel really happy..”

“Okay..”

“Then this lady, really beautiful lady, a doctor, smiling at me, walking to me… Making me feel” His hand made a gesture as if he were finding the right word, “Complete.“

Yunho was flat on confused while Changmin was processing his words.

“Initially I thought it was my wife and daughter but then,” He pulled out an old, faded covered book that was bigger than an average note book. Carefully he opened it, revealing it to be drawing book. “But it wasn’t.” He concluded. “My daughter and wife do not look like that”

The book was turned so that the boys opposite to him can see its contents. Yunho’s eyes widened while Changmin, well, that boy didn’t know what to do now.

Right there in front of his eyes was a pencil sketch of three people – a little girl hugging a boy and a lady overlooking it.

“That’s you isn’t it?” The Chairman pointed at the boy looking intently at Changmin. Yunho had to give his band mate a slight nudge to get him back to Earth. Changmin looked at Yunho and later at the elder.

“Flashes? That is all you see of them?!”

A hard stare was the response Changmin got. Hard and angry. 

Yunho jumped in knowing the state the Chairman was putting Changmin into. “Are you saying that all you remember are flashes? Like you have no idea about them?”

The gaze was broken and shifted to the TVXQ leader. Since he was more courteous, the chairman gave him a firm nod.

“Didn’t you perhaps try to find about them?”

The elder took in a deep breath. “I once told this to my wife and she told me that it was just my imagination.“

Changmin wanted to snort but looking at how genuienly confused the elder was, he couldn't help but just continue assessing the man. He looked genuienly confused and bothered, getting Changmin very confused.

So he decided to ask one question - where the answer would help him to deduce if something was really wrong somewhere....

“For how long are you married to your wife sir?” 

The doors of the Office abruptly opened forcing the three of them to look back. In came the wife clad in expensive branded clothes from head to toe bearing a smile that forced a shiver down the Dong Bang boys.

“Wanted to surprise you by taking you to lunch honey” She stuttered her way to her husband. “Oh my! Isn’t this Dong Bang Shin Ki!” She stopped dead on her tracks looking at the boys. “My daughter is a huge fan of your music. So much that she wishes to marry Kim Jaejoong!”

Changmin’s eyes now turned to thin slits.

“Oh, I’m sorry – he is no longer with you isn’t he?”

They might have their differences because of the breakup, but that doesn’t mean he would forget how much that pretty hyung of his means to him.

It’s one thing that she ruined the life of the closest person to him for a sister, now her daughter wants to marry someone he considers as his own brother?!

Oh if he sees that girl take a step closer to his hyung, he is going to smash her head with a cookie can!

Mind you – that can will have expired cookies! Nothing good shall be given to people who ruin families!

 

Taking the chance to cover the book before his wife could see the Chairman looked at the table, only to notice it missing. Instantly he looked at the boys, first Yunho and then Changmin, finally noticing it on his lap.

A grateful smile broke between the elder’s lips and he gave his focus on his wife. “I was actually about to invite them to lunch with me” He informed

“Oh no sir. Please… Do enjoy your lunch with your wife.” Yunho was quick to decline

“Yes, we actually have another schedule to go to” Changmin immediately jumped in not wanting to breathe the same air as that woman.

A quick exchange of goodbyes and the boys were now out of the office and out of the hotel. The ride back to the dorm was silent with Changmin not letting go of the drawing book. Yunho wanted to speak but didn’t know what to say to the boy.

Oh how much he wished Jaejoong was there now! Because he was the one capable of connecting with Changmin…

Watching the maknae shut the door to his room, Yunho signed and walked to his, hoping that everything would be alright.

 

 

Yoochun and Junsu quietly walked to where Ayana was – the balcony by Reya’s room. Instead of seeing the New York skyline Ayana was looking at the inside of the room from the tall glass walls. She noticed the two friends walk with their tea and turned.

“Seems like the both of you lost the bet right?”

“Yeap. But we’re happy” Junsu smiled “As long as he gets to be with her, we are happy”

“Yeah, me too” Ayana nodded, leaning on the glass, “As long as they find their happiness I am happy”

The idols smiled back at her but looked at one another. Junsu eyed Yoochun telling him to start and Yoochun gave him a nod. Ayana noted their reaction. “What do you want to ask from me?” She asked, saving them from the trouble

“Well, aren’t you a sharp one..” Junsu pointed out, impressed

“I take that from my parents” Ayana smirked, pride filling in her every word.

“Makes sense, because Jaejoong is pretty sharp too” Yoochun casually said. Ayana stiffened eyes daring not to break from him who now gave her a soft smile. “You think we didn’t notice how similar you are to the both of them?”

It took almost a minute to see a reaction from Ayana. She sighed, letting her shoulders to fall as she now rested all her weight on the glass.

“You two are not the ones I expected to have this conversation with” She admitted.

“Sorry to disappoint you” Junsu replied.

Ayana now laughed. “Are you the ones keeping Jaejoong from showing out his ‘Prince Syndrome’?”

“Most of the time – but once we saw Reya slamming him on the table, we decided to step down” Yoochun smirked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter