Rose

If You Were Me (Girl Group x You)

Mafia au. This is a really long chapter so bear with me. 


"Please. Please spare me" A man begged as he started to back away from the 4 advancing figures. His knees went weak making him fall to the cold ground. Fear took over his body as he started to crawl away from the leader, a girl who looked no older than 21 years old. Her body radiated with dark aura enough to make a grown man cower in her presence. 

"Tsk, Tsk. You have a lot of guts asking me to spare you. You stole my goods and sold it to a rival gang. Was it worth it? Betraying me. Now, tell me why I should I spare you, traitor" the girl said coldly. 

"I, I still have a family to feed. Please, Hana" the man pleaded.

Hana immediately pulled out her gun from its holster as she pointed it at the man's head at the mention of the word 'family'. Her finger at the trigger as she said in a bone chilling tone "Don't you know I hate the word family the most? It disgusts me. You disgust me". She then pulled the trigger as the sound of the gunshot echoed throughout the small and dark alley. Bood splattered across the walls as the man fell to the ground with a loud thud. 

". His filthy blood is all over my clothes. Take care of his body. Throw him where no one can find him" Hana said annoyed as she handed her henchman her gun.

Her 3 henchmen bowed and said simultaneously "Yes, boss". 

She then walked out of the alley and entered into a black fortified Hummer H2 which had been waiting for her just outside the alley. 

Related image

Her driver handed her a handkerchief as she wiped the blood off her face and her hands. She scowled as she thought to herself. There goes my 4000 dollar outfit. What a waste. 

"Where to now, boss?" her driver asked. 

"Home" she replied. 

The driver then started the engine and drove out of the neighbourhood. 

Aren't you curious to know about Hana?

Hana is the current leader of the notorious international mafia group, Twin Dragons. She had taken over as the leader after the previous leader, her uncle died from sickness. Think it's great to be a mafia leader? It isn't. At least, not to Hana who had learned it the hard way when her own right-hand (wo) man betrayed her. The girl had been promised wealth and Hana's position if she killed Hana. The girl tempted by such an offer agreed to do so. Hana's right hand (wo) man had made a move as it lead to a fight between the two. The fight had left Hana with a jagged scar through her left eye while her right hand (wo) man had managed to get away despite the severity of the wounds that Hana had inflicted on her. Ever since then, Hana had been forced to wear a half mask to cover her scar. While recuperating in the hospital, Hana had found out from another branch leader that her uncle was the one who made the offer. Anger was an understatement of what Hana had felt at the time, she was furious that her own flesh and blood tried to kill her.  Hana had started to lose control as her gang members fled the room while the other branch leaders stood rooted at their spots.

They couldn't begin to fathom how much pain she was going through. First the betrayal then now finding out that her uncle was behind it all. Hana found it hard to trust anyone after that. Hana resented her uncle so much that she refused to see him even when he was on his deathbed. She only went after the other branch leaders had begged her to see him at least one last time. When she entered her uncle's room, her uncle sensing Hana's hostility had told her that the reason why he had made such an offer was to test Hana. He knew that Hana's right hand (wo) man was greedy and wanted something she couldn't have so it was a good chance to get rid of her. Hana finally understood and felt bad as she asked her uncle for forgiveness.

He shook his head and smiled as he said "Don't be sad, child. You must not show your fears and tears in front of others. You must remember that the mafia world is a cutthroat world. Never let your guard down, not even for a brief moment. My position is yours. It has been yours ever since the day you were born. I will watch over you from the heavens, Hana".

He then took his final breathe as Hana's tears fell. She cried as she mourned the death of her beloved uncle there and then. A few minutes later, she pulled herself together and wiped away the last of her tears.

She stood up and gave her uncle a bow as she said "I will do everything in my power to ensure nobody will ruin your legacy. I promise".

She then walked out as all the branch leaders and gang members looked at her hopingly but she returned it with a solemn expression. The branch leaders knew what that look had meant as they immediately bowed. It was a sign that they acknowledged Hana as the new leader of the mafia. The other members also followed suit. Her uncle's passing had created a stir in the mafia world as news that a new leader had been elected had spread like wildfire following the death of one of the most prominent mafia lords. Many had come to pay their respects at her uncle's burial. Hana could just see the delight displayed across the other mafia lords' faces. They didn't exactly conceal it which pissed Hana off. During the annual mafia gathering, Hana had to sit through their smug conversations which were all clearly directed towards her capabilities. She surprised the old cronies as she chuckled which made them angry as they asked her what was so funny.

She smirked and said "Listening to you old folks makes me want to laugh. You are getting too old to run a mafia group with that cavemen mindset yours. Its time for the new generation to rise so I suggest you hand your position down to your successors".

The 4 other mafia lords immediately banged the table and tried to threaten her as Hana stared at them coldly. They backed down as a chill ran down their spine from Hana's stares.

"Listen up, you old bastards. Don't think my uncle was unaware of all your plotting and schemes behind his back. He just chose not to act upon it. I on the other hand am not my uncle. I will destroy everyone and anyone who dares to stand in my way. If you think my uncle is cruel then you are going to see that I am 4x worst than he was" Hana said coldly.

"What makes you think you can say that? You have no proof that we did such a thing" Yeh Jun Xin said.

"Do not speak about such things if you can't show us any evidence. Your accusations are just about as severe as your behaviour right now" Park Jae Young said.

"You are still raw unlike us, seasoned leaders. You have only just taken over from your uncle. There are many things that you don't know about" Kim Hyuk Jae said.

"You should not be so cocky yet, Ms Kang. You aren't as good as your uncle once was" Kim Min Hyeok said.

"Aren't you ashamed to even bring up my uncle? Sure I may not be as good as my uncle but there are a lot of things that I know about all of you that you yourselves have no knowledge about. All of you may think you are the best but I think quite the opposite. Do you really think that my uncle was that stupid? The evidence of all your schemes that my uncle had collected are currently in my hands. It would be quite the sight to reveal it to the press" Hana said.

She watched as all their faces paled and they stayed silent.

"Now, now. This is no way to end your last mafia gathering. Tonight, you may drink and eat as much as you want. All at my expense" Hana said as she chuckled. The other mafia lords said nothing as they simply complied with Hana.

The mafia lords had step down from their positions a few days later and passed them on the their successors after their meeting with Hana as they feared the repercussions if they didn't. After taking over from her uncle, Hana had kept her promise to her uncle. She feared nothing and made sure people would tremble in her presence. The police? They wouldn't dare lay a hand on her or her gang because they were all on her payroll. The government? She had made a deal with them that ensured that the government couldn't touch her. They needed her after all to supply weapons for their army. Interpol? CIA? FBI? They couldn't arrest her either because they had nothing to indict her for. In the eyes of the world, she was a legitimate businesswoman who owned numerous hotels, floating and regular casinos that are well-known all over the world however underneath that facade, she owned gambling dens, night clubs and underground fight clubs and her most profitable business of them all, weapons. 

Somewhere along the line, something unexpected had happened. She had never anticipated that she would actually fear for someone, a certain redhead bartender that worked at one of the clubs that she owned. The girl was unlike anyone that she had ever seen. She treated Hana differently unlike the others who kissed up to her because they thought that they would benefit from it. They never actually do. The redhead was straight forward and spoke freely in front of Hana without hiding anything despite knowing that Hana was a mafia leader. The first time Hana met her, the redhead had dissed her gang right in front of her face. 

Flashback (2 years) 

It was a typical night in Hana's life as she made her way into the Black Cove Club. Her half mask had been customed to suit her outfit for the night

Related image 

She walked in with her henchmen walking behind her as she entered the rowdy club. The blaring of the EDM music filled her ears as she made her way towards the VIP area where only a selected few could enter as the EDM music was replaced with soothing blues and Jazz music. She told her henchmen to leave her be as they bowed and went to enjoy themselves as they knew that no harm would be inflicted on Hana. Hana walked to the bar and took a seat as the sight of the redhead bartender intrigued her. She was new as Hana knew all the bartenders before the redhead were males. 

Hana then said "A glass of Ace of Spades".

The bartender looked at her with a questioning look as she said "You sure you want that? You don't look old enough to drink. Not to mention, it costs a fortune".

"I didn't ask for your opinion. I asked for a drink" Hana said.

"If you say so" the bartender said.

The bartender immediately poured the 190 000 dollar bottle of Armand de Brignac Midas or commonly known as Ace of Spades into a glass and placed it in front of Hana. Hana swirled the glass and took a sip as the cool liquid slid down . . 

"What brings you to the Black Cove Club? Are you another one of those ridiculously rich kids? You don't really look like one. Is the mask part of your disguise?" the bartender said.

"Listen" Hana paused.

"It's Roseanne, for short Rose" the bartender said.

"Right. I am not really in the mood to talk" Hana said.

"Why? I am here to listen if you want. I am good at keeping my mouth shut" Rose said.

Hana simply looked at the girl and thought. What is up with this girl? Does she always speak to strangers?

 "You know what if I answer your questions from earlier, would you leave me alone?" Hana said.

The redhead shrugged her shoulders and continued to clean the glasses. "I am here for business. Yes, I am wealthy but I don't flaunt my wealth around" Hana said.

The redhead nodded her head as she said "Ahh. Business, huh. Not many people come here for business except those barbarians from the Twin Dragons mafia group. Lord. Just who do they think they are?Just because their boss owns this club. Hana raised her brows as the redhead continued her rants. The redhead was not aware that Hana was the leader of the Twin Dragons.

 "They are so unrefined and I bet their leader is even more of a barbarian, grumpy and old.They drink like they own the place and are so rowdy. I swear they are monkeys without any brains" Rose said which made Hana choke on the champagne that she was drinking. Hana glared at the redhead who seem to be in her own world. How dare she call me a barbarian? What? Grumpy and old?  Does she seriously not know that I am the leader of the Twin Dragons?

 "You know what, I need a raise okay. I should just talk to the leadermyself. I mean he is so rich and yet I am earning so little. God, the contempt" Rose said. 

Hana slowly found herself getting more interested in the redhead as she spoke so openly about a gang in their own territory. She didn't even consider that anyone could have been listening in. 

"How do you know the leader is a he and not a she?" Hana asked.

"That's the thing the leader rarely shows up around here which is why I don't know how he/she looks like. The only thing I know is that he/she wears a mask much like the one you are wearing right now" Rose said. "

What if I were to tell you that SHE is here right now?" Hana asked Rose.

"Who? How do you know?" Rose asked.

"Because I am the leader of the Twin Dragons that you dislike so much" Hana said. She watched as Rose looked at her in shock. Hana chuckled at how adorable the girl actually looked.

"Y-you. Are the leader of the Twin Dragons? That's impossible" Rose said.

"Really. I thought my mask was already a huge giveaway of my identity. I guess not" Hana said.

"But. But why didn't you stop me when I was talking about your gang?" Rose asked.

"Because I thought it was amusing and you wouldn't stop so I wanted to see where it ended. I guess I should have stopped you when you started to insult me" Hana said.

"So if you are the leader, that means this is your club and I work for you" Rose said.

Hana nodded and said "Yea. You do".

"Good because I want a raise. Now that you are here, I can say it to you directly right. Firstly, I don't get paid enough to be harassed by a bunch of drunk overprivileged kids and gang members. Secondly, your boys always make a mess of everything and I have to clean it up so do something about that, would you" Rose said. Hana was stunned. Despite knowing her identity, the girl didn't even bother to change her tone but demanded things from her instead. Hana started to laugh which made Rose look at her weirdly.

"Why are you laughing?" Rose asked.

"You are a very interesting girl. Aren't you afraid of me? I mean I am sure you have heard a lot about my reputation" Hana said.

"No, I am not afraid of such trivial things" Rose said. The more Hana got to know Rose, the more she felt attracted and pulled towards Rose. She had never felt like this before. Their conversation was interrupted by one of her henchmen who said that it was time to leave. Hana nodded as she finished her glass of champagne and got up from her seat.

She was about to walk away when she turned back and said "I have never met a girl like you before and it takes a lot to impress me. I will see to it that your demands are fulfilled. Until next time then, Miss Rose". Hana then left the club. 

(End of flashback)

The driver's words woke Hana up from her trance. They were already close to Hana's house as the sight of huge skyscraper could be seen from afar. As they got nearer, the skyscraper got larger as her driver drove down to the basement and parked at the designated parking space. She dismissed him away as she made her way into the lobby. She got into the elevator and scanned her keycard and pressed the P as the doors closed and the elevator slowly ascended. The elevator pinged as the doors opened revealing a lavish entryway which flowed straight into the living room of Hana's duplex penthouse. She walked in and immediately headed towards her bedroom as she twisted the knob and slowly opened the door. She entered the room and saw a lump underneath the blanket on her bed. She treaded carefully across the room to get to the bathroom when she halted. 

"Hana, is that you?" a soft voice asked. 

Hana turned around and walked to the bed and smiled as she watched Rose rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. The girl's chipmunk cheeks puffed up as she tried to stifle a yawn. 

"Yeah. Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up" Hana said as she pushed Rose's hair that had covered her face.

Rose shook her head and said "It's fine". Rose had always been a light sleeper so even the smallest sounds could wake her up which was why Hana tried to be as discreet as possible because she knew Rose would wake up if she made too much noise. Rose noticed that Hana's clothes were stained with crimson red liquid. 

"Is that blood? Why do you have blood all over you?" Rose asked. 

"Yeah but it's not mine. I was going to get rid of it without waking you up so go back to sleep. I'll just throw it in the basket and have the maids burn it tomorrow" Hana said.

"That won't be necessary. Leave it in the basket and I'll wash it for you tomorrow" Rose said. 

"No, you won't. We have maids who will do that. Remember what I promised you when you agreed to be with me. I promised you a life far from your old one. A life where you could get anything you wanted with just a snap of your fingers and everything would be done for you" Hana said.

Rose smiled and said "How could I ever forget? I still want to do something though. I feel bored just sitting around all day". 

"You can pick up a hobby or go on a shopping spree or if you have something that you wanted to do before but couldn't, you can do it now" Hana said. 

"Hmm. I want to be in the business beside you" Rose said. 

Hana's face turned grim as she said "No. Anything but that Rose. My line of work is dangerous. I am trying to keep you as far from it as I can so you would be safe". 

"I can handle it, Hana. Have you forgetten about all the places I used to work at? Trust me. I can handle the clubs, that's all" Rose said.

Hana sighed as she knew that there was no way that she would win against Rose. 

"Fine. I will place you in charge of all the clubs" Hana said.

"Thank you, Hana. I love you" Rose said to which Hana smiled as Rose pecked Hana on the cheek. 

"You will have to bring your bodyguards with you everywhere you go. I'm not kidding Rose, do not stray from them. There are thousands of people who want me dead and if they get to you, I won't be able to live" Hana said as she reached out to caress Rose's face. 

"I know, I will. But even if they do, I know you will find me" Rose said. 

"Always. I will search the whole world for you" Hana said. 

Hana then got up and said "I am going to shower now. I am throwing this pair of clothes away. After all, I can always just buy the exact same one". 

Rose nodded as Hana made her way to the bathroom and took a quick shower. She was done 30 minutes later as she stepped out dressed in loose pajamas. She saw that Rose had already fallen back asleep. She joined Rose in bed as she wrapped her arms around the redhead who had snuggled closer to Hana, the two fell asleep cuddling. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 A few months had passed. Hana had arrived in front of an abandoned warehouse. Her driver had opened the door for her as she stepped out of the car. She saw that they were 4 other cars beside hers that had already arrived so she made her way inside the warehouse. Unlike its exterior, the interior was luxurious with a crystal chandellier that hung right in the middle of the warehouse. A single round table placed in the middle where 4 girls were already seated. Hana joined the four at the table as she took her own respective seat. 

"You're late" Jennie said. 

"I am not late. You guys are just early" Hana replied nonchanlantly. 

"Don't mind Jennie. She's just grumpy because she had to leave her beloved girlfriend at home" Jihyo said. 

"Yah, Park Jisoo. I wasn't the only one who was complaining about leaving my girlfriend" Jennie said. 

"It's Jihyo. Not Jisoo. I changed my name so long ago" Jihyo said annoyed. 

"Okay, enough. We came to talk about more important things than your girlfriends" Jiu, the oldest said rationally.

"Jiu unnie is right. I don't get why we are wasting time talking about useless things. We could have finished early if we had started when Hana unnie walked in" Shuhua said.

"Then, let's begin the meeting then" Hana said. 

The other four were the successors of each mafia lord that Hana had force to abdicate a few years back. The 5 of them were childhood friends and had grown up together. The 5 of them would meet up every few months to discuss about their gang matters. They had finished their meeting an hour later as they began to relax. 

"You know, Hana. It's been a few years since you forced my father to give up his position. He still holds a grudge on you for that you know" Jennie said. Jennie's father was Kim Hyuk Jae, the ex leader of the Black Phoenix. Jennie had inherited his position as his eldest daughter and decided to change her father's way of ruling the gang which angered her father. She couldn't careless anyways. He had lost his power and grip over the mafia group. He even wanted her to take revenge on Hana but she refused because Hana was her best friend. Her girlfriend, Jisoo was also close with the other four and their girlfriends.

"No . My dad has been bothering me about his petty revenge on you. It is starting to piss me off. Like why can't he get over it? It happened a few years ago" Jihyo said. Jihyo's father was Park Jae Young, the ex leader of the Griffins. Jihyo like Jennie had also obtained her father's position. Her father had tried to control her in hopes that he would still have his power but Jihyo didn't let him. She made sure that her father had stayed as far away from the mafia as possible and she had help. Her girlfriend, Sana had made sure to help by distracting the old man with tickets to year long cruises. 

"My father doesn't say much these days. He says he's over it. He accepts his mistakes and tries to stay away from mafia related business. He and my mom are currently in Europe on holiday" Jiu says as the other four looked at her. Jiu's father was Kim Min Hyeok, the ex leader of the Nine Tails. 

"Same. My father is taking a break and apparently enjoying Chinese opera with my mother" Shuhua said. Shuhua's father was Yeh Jun Xin, the ex leader of the Scorpions.

Hana leaned back against her chair as she said "Frankly, I don't really mind. Their hatred for me isn't really surprising. After all, I threatened them with their dirty pasts". 

"Don't matter. My old man deserves it anyways" Jennie says.

The subject matter then changed as the five of them didn't want to speak of the past. 

"I heard you assigned Rose to the clubs. Are you sure that was a good idea?" Jiu said.

Hana sighed and said "Trust me when I say I refused. She was adamant about it so I had no choice". 

The four of them chuckled as Jihyo and Jennie coughed and said "Whipped". 

"I could say the same about the both of you. I heard that you were forbidden from going to clubs and drinking, Jennie. You too Jihyo unnie, no clubs, no drinking, calling them at least 3 times a day for an update" Hana said as she smirked. 

"How the hell do you even know that?" Jihyo asked. 

"Have you forgetten that my girlfriend is friends with both of yours? Of course, she will tell me all about it" Hana said. 

"How's Yoohyeon, Jiu unnie?" Jennie immediately changed the topic. 

"Oh! Yoohyeonie is fine. She's been taking language classes to keep her busy" Jiu replied. 

"I heard Yuqi is also back from China, Shuhua" Hana said. 

"Yeah. She just came back yesterday" Shuhua said. 

"She went back to visit her parents, right" Jihyo said. 

Shuhua nodded and said "Emm. She spent a week just going around China with her parents". 

"So, how's your relationship with Yuqi's dad? Is he still trying to test you?" Jennie asked. 

"He's still cold towards me but it has toned down quite a bit. According to Yuqi's mom, he still disapproves of me for his princess. He says I am too busy and won't really look after her. He doesn't want that for his princess" Shuhua.

"Now, that is what I call number 1 bull. He knows you treat Yuqi like a queen and no matter how busy you are, you still take the time to see her. That man. Just because he is the dragon head of China's top triad. He thinks he can do whatever the hell he wants" Hana said. 

"Forget it, he is just being immature. Seriously, for a 60 year old grandpa, he sure is annoying" Jennie said. 

"Okay. Okay. He still is the father of my girlfriend. He has a say in my relationship so let's stop talking about him" Shuhua said. 

"Whipped. Who would have thought that the leader of one of Korea's top mafia gangs and the daughter of China's top triad boss would be dating? It's quite ironic. I remember the two of you used to hate each other" Jiu said. The other three snickered as Shuhua whined. 

"Leave me alone. I was an immature kid" Shuhua said.

"You still are" Hana said which made everyone but Shuhua laugh. It was already late so they decided to wrap things up and head home. Hana had arrived home just a little after 2 in the morning. The house was quiet so Hana assumed that her girlfriend was already in bed and she was right as she saw her girlfriend flat-out on the couch. She chuckled as Rose's mouth was wide open and her legs was flung across the couch. 

Hana walked to Rose and slipped her arms under the redhead and picked her up as Hana took her to the bedroom. She laid Rose on the bed softly and was about to leave when she felt Rose pull her down.

The redhead then pulled Hana closer to her and said "You're late. I've been waiting for you".

"We got carried away.  You know how it is. I have also prepared something for you" Hana said. 

Rose the opened her eyes and stared at Hana jokingly as she asked "What is it?"

Hana then sat up as she opened the side drawer and pulled out a small pink box. She smiled as she showed the box to Rose whose eyes immediately widened as she shot up from the bed. Rose's eyes watered as she saw Hana open the pink box revealing a pair of diamond encrusted rings.

"Would you marry me,  Park Chaeyoung? I will do everything to ensure that you are happy every single day of your life. I will never leave you and I will make sure you are safe. Nobody will be able to touch you. You are the most important person in my life and I want to spend every second of every day with you" Hana said. 

By the time Hana had finished,  Rose was already crying. She immediately nodded as she jumped into Hana's arms. She hugged Hana tightly as she said repeatedly "Yes". Hana then pulled away as she leaned close to Rose and kissed her. Their kiss was pure and full of love as they poured out their feelings for each other. That night was the start of their new life.