Handong

If You Were Me (Girl Group x You)

University au. You are the maknae along with Gahyeon in the group. You are unaware that your teasing and flirting is driving a certain Chinese girl insane. 


The start of the semester at D.C University had students excitedly coming back to school. Of course,  with the extra bonus of seeing their favourite Dreams which were the school's top ranking visuals and talents. As soon as Hana stepped onto University grounds,  there were a ton of students already waiting for her at the entrance. To be honest, Hana was still a little sleepy so when she saw them,  she gave a small yawn causing them to scream and fawn over how adorable she looked. Hana gave them a smile as she walked to her department's building which was for dance majors as they followed behind her. Hana perked up when she saw her friends as she rushed towards them. 

"Kim Jiuuuuuuu" she screamed as the said girl looked stunned.  Kim Jiu was the oldest of the group and doted on Hana the most. When she saw that it was Hana,  she smiled widely and opened her arms as Hana ran straight into it. "My baby dongsaeng,  I've missed you so much. I haven't seen you in so long" Jiu said. "It's only been a month" a silver haired girl said as she shook her head at the over dramatic pair. "A month is a long time,  Yoohyeon" Jiu said. "Leave them be, Yoohyeon. You know how Jiu gets about Hana" a brunette said. "You're no different, Sua unnie. Why don't you take out your phone? Let everyone have a look at that secret file you keep locked. It's no use locking it when all your passwords are the same. You " a wolf looking girl said which made Sua laugh nervously as she tried to hide her phone. 

"Siyeon-ah, don't reveal me in front of everyone" Sua said making Siyeon tsk. Hana then moved from Jiu to a certain chinese member of the group who remained silent despite the ruckus. "Dong Dong unnie. It's been a while since I've seen you. What is your secret to getting even more beautiful every day? Don't you know it's illegal to be this beautiful? Perhaps it's your shirt. The material is the best especially since you are girlfriend material. Is it the make up?  Or maybe" Hana paused as she slowly moved her face closer and closer to Handong's face. She then whispered in Handong's ear "It's because you're in love with me". Her words made Handong blushed deeply. Hana then pulled away laughing as she said "I'm joking". 

"Hana,  what did you tell her? Look at Dong Dong. She's blushing" Yoohyeon said. "Aigoo, our player maknae" Jiu said. The bell then rang as the group of 8 split up to their respective majors. Sua and Hana were dance majors. Siyeon, Handong, Jiu, Yoohyeon and Gahyeon were music majors. Dami alone was in composition since she wanted to produce and write songs. Classes for music majors started a bit later so the 5 music majors decided to watch the dance majors in the massive studio. Hana and Sua were called by their teacher for a little performance for the freshman. The two looked at each other and smiled. 

 

The freshmen and the other students watched in awe as Hana and Sua danced perfectly to the beat and rhythm. Hana bit her lips seductively which caused Handong who was standing outside to blush madly as various inappropriate thoughts went through her head. She wanted to look away but couldn't. Hana was too mesmerising with her perfectly messed up hair and her dreamy eyes. Handong was too fixated upon Hana that she didn't realise that the music had ended until she was nudged by Siyeon who said teasingly "You don't have to be so obvious about your feelings". 

The 5 music majors walked away as they had classes to attend but Hana's performance was still stuck in Handong's mind. She thought to herself Why does that girl have to be so Goddamn attractive? Doesn't she notice the effect she has on people? That girl is as dense as a brick wall.  Hana on the other hand sneezed. Is it the flu season? Hana thought to herself. A few hours had passed as their lesson ended. The 5 music majors were exhausted from all their lectures. They were walking towards the entrance when they saw Hana with another girl. They were smiling together. Sua on the other hand appeared from behind as she asked "What are you guys stopping here for? Aren't we going for lunch? I'm starving". 

She was confused as she turned and saw what they were looking at. "Ahh. That's one of the freshmen. What was her name again? Yugi. Yuki. Ah,  Yuqi. She's a Chinese transfer student much like Dong Dong" Sua said. Handong clenched her fists when she saw Hana and the freshmen hugging. The other members even Dami who had just arrived were stunned because they had rarely seen Handong angry. They stared in horror as Handong marched across the hallway and grabbed Hana's wrist, pulling her away from the transfer student who clearly was shocked. She pulled Hana to the back of the school building. Hana stared unimpressed as she asked "Aren't you going to explain what that was all about? Why did you suddenly drag me away when I was in the middle of a conversation? Not to mention, you brought me here". 

"I...... don't know" Handong said as she avoided Hana's stares. "Dong unnie" Hana called out softly as she gently placed her hands on Handong's face. Hana moved Handong's face as they came face to face with each other. "I'm not mad. I just want to know why you brought me here. Do you have something to tell me?" Hana asked. "You're so dense" Handong said. "Eh!" Hana exclaimed surprised. "Everyone noticed except you. I have always liked you. I love how you light up at the sound of food and the way your eyes turned to slits when you laugh. Your teasing and flirting always make my flutter. I prayed that you would see my feelings but I can't take it anymore. I hate it when you look at another girl when you should only look at me. Every time your fangirls try to get close to you,  I just want to shout that you're mine. Earlier, when I saw you hugging and laughing with that new transfer student,  yugi or something, I was jealous. You smiled so brightly when you were with her and I didn't like it" Handong said. 

Handong then saw Hana smirking. "Who knew that China's princess could get so jealous? My dear Dong Dong, my heart has always belonged to you. I was just waiting for you to confess. Thank God, you did. I thought I would have to wait for an eternity. Oh! By the way,  that girl's name is Yuqi and she's my cousin" Hana said. It was Handong's turn to look surprise as she said "You knew? After all this time,  you knew I liked you". Hana nodded innocently as Handong started to hit Hana as Hana yelped in pain. Hana then held onto Handong's arms and went closer to her until their faces were 3 inches away from each other. "If I didn't know,  what kind of person would I be? I'm not as dense as you think. Plus every time I flirt with you,  your face turns as red as your lips. It's already a sure sign" Hana said. Hana then whispered seductively in Handong's ear "Whenever I'm with you,  everything and everyone fades into the background. You're a thief because you have stolen and robbed me of everything I have, Handong but I can never be angry. I've always wondered though. Did it hurt? When you fell from heaven.  I'm grateful to God because he's given me his most precious creation which is you". 

Hana then moved away from Handong and smiled widely when she saw the look on Handong's face. "Ehh. After all my words, are you just going to stand there without saying anything? Don't you something to ask?" Hana said. Handong snapped out of her trance and she said "This is real. I'm not dreamong,  right?" Hana pulled Handong closer as their lips met. The taste of Hana's lips drove Handong crazy. She had been waiting so long for this to happen. They pulled away when they needed air as Hana asked "Is this real enough for you?" Handong smiled and asked  "Lee Hana, would you please be my girlfriend?" Hana pretended to give it a thought before saying "I thought you'd never ask but yes". The two then hugged each other as Hana pulled away and said loudly "You guys can come out now. I think you've seen enough". Just then,  their friends appeared from behind a wall along with Yuqi as they cheered and clapped congratulating the new couple. 

Jiu pretended to cry as she said "My baby has finally grown up". Hana and the other rolled their eyes because she was being dramatic. Yoohyeon gave Hana a fist bump as she smiled at Handong. "Finally,  the two of you are together. What a relief" Dami said. "We should celebrate this happy occasion and of course,  Hana as the main, you are buying" Gahyeon said. "Yeah. Yeah. I'm buying" Hana said as everyone cheered. Yuqi then stepped up and introduced herself "Hi! I'm Song Yuqi. We've never met but this player and I are related. If she does anything wrong,  just give me a call and I'll set her straight". Hana scoffed while Handong chuckled and nodded. The two hit it off instantly. That was the start of Handong and Hana's love story.