Yuqi

If You Were Me (Girl Group x You)

Related image

"WHATTTT?????" the scream resonated as a girl who looked no older than 19 years old stood up abruptly from her chair. Her chair produced a bone chilling screech as it was pushed back.  

"My ears. My poor ears. I am going to go deaf at this rate. You don't have to scream, Hana unnie" a younger girl said as she covered her ears. 

"You must be joking. What do you mean I am getting engaged? I haven't even finished high school yet. I am too young to get married" Hana said ignoring her younger sister. 

"Which is why you are only going to get engaged. Not married. During the engagement period, you can get to know your fiancee better" her mother said as she sipped on her coffee calmly. 

"Can you not say that so calmly? I am the one that gets to decide. It's my life. I decide who to marry and who to get engage to?" Hana said. 

"Hana, darling. You haven't even met the girl yet. Give her a chance" her father said.

Hana groaned and said "This isn't even the 19th century anymore. It's the 21st century. Arranged marriages are outdated and those who are forced into it tend to live unhappily". 

"Your father and I were placed in an arranged marriage. Look at us. We are happily living together and we have two beautiful daughters. I regret nothing, Hana. I just want you to give it a chance. If you still don't want it then we'll call it off" her mother said rationally. 

After listening to her mother's words, Hana sighed as she nodded and gave up trying to argue as she sat back down in her chair. 

"Fine. When am I going to meet this supposed fiancee of mine?" Hana asked as she picked up her glass of juice and drank from it. 

"Tonight" her mother said which made Hana choke on her juice. 

"Why so soon?" Hana said as she wiped clean of the juice that she spilled. 

"Well your fiancee's family said that they wanted to meet you as soon as possible so they arranged for a dinner between both families" her father said. 

"Tsk. I haven't even said okay" Hana said. 

"Yes but you are still going tonight. Shuhua, you are coming along. I expect the both of you to be on your best behaviours tonight especially you, Hana" her mother said.

"Yeah, yeah" Hana said as she looked at her Blancpain watch and saw that it was close to 7:15. She had to leave for school now or she would be late. 

"I am going now. I'll see you later" Hana said as she got up from her chair and left the house. She was ushered into a car as her chauffeur drove her to school. 

The whole time she was in school, she was distracted. She had even spaced out during her mathematics class and didn't hear her teacher calling her. Her seatmate, Minnie had nudge her as she immediately came back to reality. She gave her seatmate a glare as her seatmate whispered to her "Ms Bae has been calling you for the 4th time now". 

"Miss Kang, have you finally returned back to reality? It is still too early for you to be dazed, don't you think?" her mathematics teacher remarked sarcastically as she smiled thinking she had won the fight. 

Hana on the other hand was not having it today. She was already in a bad mood as it is. She didn't need her teacher's sarcasm right now. 

"Whether I am dazed or not is not really your business now, is it? Your job is to teach so I suggest you do so. Instead of making sarcastic remarks about your students, why don't you put your talents somewhere else? Let's take for example teaching. You are a teacher and yet you concentrate on the minuscule things such as this. Not to professional, don't you think?" Hana said as she repeated her teacher's last words. 

Her teacher turned a shade of red as she had just been schooled by her own student. She then cleared and immediately continued her teaching without saying another word. Her friends all looked at her and smirked as they had all been dying to say that to their teacher. They knew that the teacher couldn't do anything towards Hana since her father was a huge donor to the school. If she did, Hana's father would have her jobless and living on the streets. 

The last bell finally rang as the school day had ended. It was friday so everyone was in a TGIF mood. While she was packing, her friends had made their way to her table. 

"Hey, Hana. Wanna join us for karaoke? Soojin has rented the whole karaoke place just for us" Soyeon said. 

"Yeah, come on. It'll be fun, Hana" Minnie said as she held onto Hana's arm. 

"I'm sorry, guys. I have a family thing tonight so its a no. I'll meet up with you guys tomorrow instead. Anywhere. Just name it. It's on me" Hana said.

"It's fine, Hana but you offered so we'll take it" Soojin said. 

"We'll give you a call once we have decided for tomorrow then" Miyeon said. 

Hana nodded and laughed as she waved her friends goodbye and left the school building and headed for the entrance where her chauffeur was already waiting for her. She immediately got into the car and was driven home. Her mother had made sure that she was styled by a professional make-up artist and a hair designer. She was then dressed in a peach coloured mermaid styled dress. It was paired with a pair of white heels. She had chosen a simple Cartier necklace to go with it. It had a small golden cube encasing a diamond. 

Related image Related image Related image

She was finally done as she headed out of her room and descended the staircase where her family were. She saw that her sister was wearing light blue two piece dress with a pair of diamond earrings.  

Related image 

"Beautiful. My two girls look stunning" her mother said as she stared at both Hana and Shuhua who were standing side by side.

Hana groaned and said "It's just a dinner. Why do we have to dress like we are going for party?" 

"Because it is a formal dinner, Hana. You cannot wear a simple skirt and blouse" her mother said. 

They headed out of the house as two Mercedes Benz S-class were already waiting on standby for them. Hana and Shuhua's parents got into the the first car while Hana and her sister got into the second car as the two cars left the compound at the same time. Inside the second car, Hana was formulating a plan to escape the engagement. 

"I need your help, Shuhua" Hana said to her sister. 

"Why should I help you? I thought you promised mum that you would give it a try" Shuhua said. 

"I didn't promise her anything. Who knows what kind of person my supposed fiancee is? I don't plan on finding out either way. So, I need your help. All you have to do is talk bad about me. It's what you do best anyways" Hana said. 

Her sister smirked and said "If I do this for you, what would you give me in return? Our mother is going to kill me so it needs to be attractive enough for me to want to do it". 

"Anything you want as long as its attainable" Hana said. 

"Hmm. I heard you are close to the new creative director of Gucci" Shuhua said.

"Who? Alessandro. Yeah, ever since I met him at Milan Fashion Week 2 years ago. Why?" Hana asked. 

"I need you to give him a call. I want to get the first exclusive look of their latest collection before anyone else does" Shuhua said. 

"Don't you have his private number too? Why can't you ask him yourself?" Hana asked. 

"Because big sister, he doesn't like me as much as he likes you. Remember his accent when he was commenting about your fashion sense. Your outfiz iz maestoso. He seemed so taken by you. So he will accept your request easily" Shuhua said. 

"Fine, I'll do it. Anything else" Hana said. as she gave in to her sister's ridiculous demand. 

"Of course, you will be paying for my entire expenses when we leave for Switzerland 3 weeks from now. No excuses and no rejecting" Shuhua said. 

Hana sighed and said "Yeah, yeah. I'll just leave you my AMAX card".

"Then the deal is done. I'll do it" Shuhua said. 

"Yes but I'll give you a signal depending on whether I like the person or not so make sure to pay close attention" Hana said. 

Her sister nodded as the car went silent. Soon, both cars had arrived at the front entrance of a high end restaurant. Their chauffeur had hurried out to open the car door for them as Hana and her sister stepped out of the car. 

The two siblings followed behind their parents as they entered the elevator and headed to the 15th floor where the private rooms were. The elevator tinged as the doors opened. They stepped out as they were ushered by a waiter into their designated room. As soon as they entered the room, they were greeted by the sight of a family of three. Hana was the last to enter the room. As soon as she walked in, she took a seat next to her mother. She looked up and was stunned at the beauty of the girl sitting opposite her. She was too deep in her thoughts that she didn't even hear her mother calling out to her. She was shaken out of her thoughts as she was met with her mother's glares.

"It seems that Ms Yeh is still tired from school. It is understandable expecially for someone like her" a man in his mid 50s said. 

Hana recognised the man as Song Ma Lung, one of China's richest tycoons. He owns several construction corporations around Asia. Hana was quick to recover. 

"Forgive me for being absentminded, Mr Song. I am just honoured to be able to meet one of the business world's top minds" Hana said. 

She watched as her mother shot her a small smile and a look that said 'Good job'. Hana heard the older man burst into laughter. 

"I am flattered by your compliments, Ms Yeh but let's stop talking about me, shall we? We have more important matters to discuss tonight. Let's eat first, I am sure we are all starving" Mr Song said as he called on the waiters to have the food served. The waiters immediately left to convey his message to the kitchen leaving the 7 of them alone. 

"This is my wife, Su Yi and my daughter, Yuqi" Mr Song introduced.

"You are already acquainted with my eldest, Hana and my youngest, Shuhua" Hana's mother said. 

"Let's get right to business, shall we? We wish to propose an engagement between your eldest daughter, Hana and our only daughter, Yuqi. We believe that the marriage between them would secure both our companies' mergers" Mrs Song said as she went straight to the point.  

Hana suddenly didn't mind the idea of getting engaged. She was staring at the most perfect girl in the world and she couldn't have asked for anything better. That was until her younger sister decided to break it. 

"Hana jie doesn't like the idea of an arrange marriage. She says that its outdated and old fashion. She refuses to go along with it" Shuhua said which made Hana's eyes widen in shock.

She immediately kicked her sister who let out a yelp. Hana had forgotten all of their deal. She was so fixated upon her fiancee that she forgot to signal to her younger sister. Her younger sister must have taken it as the green light to destroy this meeting. Hana watched as her parents immediately sent multiple death glares in their direction. Hana looked at the Song family. Mr Song and Mrs Song seemed appalled at Shuhua's sudden words while Yuqi seemed disappointed as her face turned grim. Hana needed to fix this and fast. 

"Please don't listen to my younger sister. She is a very mischevious and playful person. She tends to say things that she doesn't mean. I hope you forgive her for her sudden words" Hana said. 

She watched as her parents sighed in relief while the Song family seemed to return to normal at Hana's words. 

"Ms Yeh" Mr Song called out to Hana. 

"Hana would do, Mr Song" Hana said. 

"Okay then, Hana. What do you really think of this marriage? I am sure your sister would not have said that out of nowhere without at least a bit of thought" Mr Song said. 

Hana silently cursed in her head. The man was smart. What was she expecting? The man was a wealthy tycoon with years of experience. Of course, he could see through her deceits. Hana sighed. 

"Well then, I won't lie. I was shocked at first when I heard about this from my parents. I hated the thought of being married to someone I didn't want for the sake of the company. I wanted to marry someone that I truly love however after coming here, I changed my mind. I took one look at your daughter, Mr Song and I think I may have already fallen for her. So if you'll have me, I'd like to take up your proposal" Hana said earnestly. 

Hana watched as Yuqi turned a shade of dark red after she heard Hana's words. Hana's own parents were stunned that their daughter was capable of such words. Mr Song seemed pretty satisfied with the answer that Hana gave. 

"Very well. Since you have expressed such honesty then I will not ask anything further. The talk is done then. We will announce your engagement as soon as next week I hope that you will treat my daughter right" Mr Song said.

"I promise that I will" Hana said. 

They brought up their glasses for a toast. Hana felt her mother leaned over and whispered "I didn't know you had it in you. Good job. I told you, you would like the girl if you gave it a shot". 

The food had finally came as they silently enjoyed their meal. Once they were finished, it was time for both families to head home but Hana was still a bit reluctant to leave. As the Songs were about to leave, Hana caught up to them.

"Mr Song and Mrs Song, would it be possible if I steal your daughter away for a few more hours. I promise I'll bring her home safely" Hana said.

The Song elders looked at each other and smiled as Mr Song said "Well thats not up to us but rather our daughter. Frankly, we don't mind it at all". 

Hana then turned to look at Yuqi who nodded her head ecstaticly which made Hana smile at how adorable she was. 

The Song elders then left along with Hana's parents as Hana's younger sister followed her parents. Before leaving, Shuhua mouthed a 'You owe me' to Hana who nodded and shooed her younger sister away.

Hana then guided Yuqi into the Mercedes Benz as the two sat awkwardly. Hana gathered her courage to talk. 

"I", "I" the two of them seemed to have read each other's minds and spoke at the same time. They looked at each other and bursted out laughing. 

"That dinner was awkward, wasn't it?" Hana asked. 

"Yeah, it was kinda awkward" Yuqi replied. 

"Let's do this properly. Hi, I'm Hana Yeh. Your soon to be fiance" Hana said. 

"I'm Song Yuqi. Your soon to be fiancee" Yuqi said. 

"Now, I just wanted you to know that everything I told Mr Song was true" Hana said. 

"Which part? The one about hating arrange marriages or your confession" Yuqi teased. 

"The confession part though I do feel bad about saying that I hate arrange marriages" Hana said. 

"Well you can start liking them now because it isn't at bad as you think. Especially if you have an amazing counterpart" Yuqi said.

Hana chuckled and said "I think I do love them now".

Hana then watched as Yuqi leaned towards her with only a few centimetres left between them which made Hana blush.

She then hear Yuqi whisper huskily "Good because now that I have you, you aren't going anywhere. Do you understand?You are my fiance and no one elses". 

The distance between them slowly shortened as Hana could feel Yuqi's breath. 

"I'm not going anywhere because I think I've already fallen too deep and I won't be able to escape anymore" Hana said softly. 

Their lips met as the two kissed for the first time. It started out as a few short and gentle kisses then the kisses became longer as it became even more heated. The two broke apart when they needed air as they looked at each other and smiled brightly. Hana really couldn't wait to spend an eternity with Yuqi and it was the same for Yuqi. 

: