Nayeon

If You Were Me (Girl Group x You)

For love, many would do crazy things. Even if that person betrayed you over and over again, with one word, you would forgive her in a heartbeat. That was how it was for Kang Hana. Im Nayeon was the cause of her death. Here Hana was standing outside the gates of Nayeon's four storey house. It was their anniversary today. She had prepared Nayeon's favourite flowers. But Nayeon never showed up. Hana had waited for hours until she saw Nayeon get out from a familiar car. Her own best friend, Momo had appeared beside Nayeon in a flash. A wide smile plastered across her face as she wrapped one arm around Nayeon's waist as they walked into the house together. 

Hana didn't need to think to know what was going on beyond those doors. It became too common for her. She afterall had encountered it again and again yet she still goes back to Nayeon. She smiled bitterly as she threw away the flowers in her hand. How stupid of her to think that Nayeon would change? Not long after, Momo came back out as Hana hid behind the wall. She watched as Momo's car drove off before pushing open the gates. She punched in the passcode as the door opened with a click. She walked in and took a seat on the couch. Her fingers clasped together as she sat in a crouched position. Why do I keep going back to you? I fall for your sweet words. Your tears. You do this to me time after time yet I can't give up on you. You're like a drug. Hana thought silently. 

Just then, she heard footsteps behind her. A silent gasp. 

"Hana, when did you return?" Nayeon asked. 

"Why? Surprised?" Hana asked emotionlessly. 

"Of course, you scared me. Why would you sit in the dark?" Nayeon asked. 

"Why Momo?" Hana asked straightforwardly. 

"What....What do you mean? What about Momo?" Nayeon asked nervously. 

"Don't bother lying. I saw the two of you entering the house. Imagine my pain when I saw my best friend and my fiancee walking into my house together. Today was our 4th anniversary. I came early with your favourite flowers and waited for you who never showed up. I must say I am disappointed. You could have hide it better" Hana said coldly. 

"Han...Hana. Please..." Nayeon stopped. 

"What? Go on. Continue like you always have and lie. Please forgive me. Isn't that what you were going to say?" Hana asked with a smirk. 

"I have nothing else to say then" Nayeon said. 

Hana gritted her teeth and got up from the chair. She turned and looked at Nayeon with fierce eyes. If only looks could kill, Nayeon would be dead already. Nayeon turned away which further angered Hana who marched towards Nayeon and stopped a few centimeters away. She grabbed Nayeon's chin and pulled it so they were looking straight at each other. 

"Look at me. Lie to me like you always have and I will believe you. Lie and tell me nothing happened. I will forgive you if you do. I will treat it like nothing happened" Hana said almost desperate. 

Nayeon stood motionless and said nothing. Hana gave up as she looked away dejectedly. 

"I can't do this anymore. I can't bear it anymore. Im Nayeon, let's break up" Hana said softly, her tone was pained as she bit back a sob. 

Hana walked away but was stopped by Nayeon's question. 

"How did you know about the affairs?" Nayeon asked. 

"I installed CCTV's around the house to ensure your safety. What I got instead killed me. I didn't need to look in the bedroom because what I saw in the living room was enough. Yet, with one word, I took you back. How foolish of me! Again and again i forgave you because I thought that you would come back to me eventually but I guessed not" Hana said sorrowfully. 

She fiddled with the ring around her ring finger before pulling it out. 

"Our engagement ends today, Im Nayeon. I hope that you are happy. Don't worry about my things. Throw everything out including this" Hana said before she dropped the ring onto the floor. 

She then walked out of the house and got into her car. She hit the steering wheel in frustration as her tears flowed freely. Again and Again by 2pm played through her speakers. They resonated with her heart as she felt it break again. At the same time, Nayeon bent down to pick up the ring Hana had thrown onto the floor. She held it to her chest and cried. What right did she had to cry? She was at fault. All this time, Hana knew about her affairs and still accepted her like nothing had happened. Now, she had lost the only person that had truly cared about her because of her own mistakes. Both of them cried in pain. 

Someday you'll miss me like I missed you.
Someday you'll cry for me like I cried for you. 
Someday you'll want me back like I wanted you.
Someday you'll understand why you broke my heart when I didn't.
Someday you'll understand that I was the only girl that put up with all your mess.
Someday you'll know how pain feels, how you hurt me.
Someday your life will turn upside down like mine did when you broke my heart.
Someday you'll have someone hurt you like you hurt me.
Someday you'll realize how lonely life can be.
Someday you can sit down and think how much I meant to you 
When you meant the world to me.
Someday you'll know how I really felt.
Someday you'll try to come back to me like I tried with you,
But someday you'll love me when I won't love you