Siyeon

If You Were Me (Girl Group x You)

A dream. You're in a dream. Hana. Hana. I'm here. Don't go.....

Hana bolted upright from her bed sweating profusely. She was panting heavily. Her nightmares had become so constant that it haunted her every night. The voice, the shadows and the running. She was afraid to shut her eyes. She looked at the clock beside her bed. It showed 4 am. She clearly wasn't going back to sleep so she got up from her bed and sat at her study table. 

luxury bedroom designs with a variety of contemporary and trendy ... 

As she sat down, she sighed deeply. When is these nightmares going to stop? She thought to herself. She turned her laptop on and proceeded to watching a couple of videos on Youtube and listening to music. Before she knew it, it was already 6 a.m. She walked down the stairs and straight into the dining room. Her mother smiled when she saw Hana.

"Hey, honey. Did you have a good sleep?" her mother asked. 

"No. The nightmares have been haunting me and it's not getting better" Hana said tiredly. 

Her mother placed a cup of tea and a plate of pancakes in front of Hana as Hana thanked her mother. 

"Maybe you should pay Doctor Kim a visit" her mother said worriedly. 

"The psychiatrist. I'm not going crazy, mom" Hana said. 

"I know. I just want to help. Have you...Have you recalled anything from before your accident?" her mother asked carefully. 

Hana paused before shaking her head. 

"It's alright. One thing at a time. How's your scar? Does it still hurt?" her mother asked changing the topic. 

"It aches but other than that it's normal" Hana replied. 

"Your father and me are going to leave for work in a while. You going to be okay alone?" her mother asked. 

"I'm not alone. The maids and Butler Kang will keep me company" Hana said. 

"Okay then. I have to go prepare for work. See you tonight, sweetie" her mom said before leaving the dining room. 

Butler Kang or as Hana refers to as ahjussi walked into the dining room. 

"Good morning, young miss. What would you like to do today?" Butler Kang asked. 

Hana stared at her already cooled tea as she said "Call Doctor Kim for me. Tell her I want to see her today". 

"I understand. I will do it immediately" Butler Kang said before bowing and leaving to do Hana's bidding. 

A few minutes later, Butler Kang returned to the dining room. 

"Doctor Kim says you can come anytime you want. She has freed up her schedule just for you" Butler Kang said. 

"Very well. Let me go get ready first. Have the car ready to leave, ahjussi" Hana said. 

"Of course" Butler Kang replied. 

Hana finished her morning routine within 20 minutes. She took a jacket from her wardrobe and headed downstairs where her driver was waiting for her. Butler Kang had escorted Hana into the car as he closed the door. The driver started the car and left the compound. They arrived in front of a lakehouse on the outskirts of Seoul. 

Related image

Hana stepped out of the car. She was greeted by a woman in her late 20s standing at the top of the stairs leading to the entrance of the house. 

"Well, don't be a stranger. Come on in" the woman said. 

Hana bowed and followed the woman into the house. She was lead into a familiar room. 

Image result for balinese room interior for living room

 

Hana took a seat as the woman or Dr Kim brewed some tea. The aroma of the tea leaves filled the room as Dr Kim placed a cup of tea in front of Hana.

"Thanks" Hana said. 

"So, tell me. How have you been?" Dr Kim asked. 

"Honestly. I haven't been sleeping well" Hana said. 

Dr Kim Jiu sat opposite Hana and crossed her legs. 

"Are the voices still haunting you in your sleep?" Dr Kim asked. 

"It's advanced. The voices are becoming louder. The shadows are more vivid than ever. This time, I see a blonde girl. She.....She calls out to me. Like she knows me" Hana said as she explained her nightmares. 

"Can you see the blonde girl's face?" Dr Kim asked as she took notes in her clipboard. 

"No. Only her backside. There is a voice in my dreams. It calls out my name and tells me not to go. The voice sounds so familiar yet I can't seem to recall who" Hana said as she gripped her head. 

"Take it easy, Hana. It's okay. Your accident has impacted your memories quite a bit. The nightmares you are experiencing are the side effects of the accident and your two month long coma. Here is my suggestion, stop locking yourself in your room. Get out, go travel and just take it easy" Dr Kim said. 

"I don't think that's going to do any good. I see the look my parents give me. Filled with pity. Sympathy. Grief. Yet I can't seem to decipher why" Hana said. 

"So, what do you plan to do then?" Dr Kim asked. 

"You're the doctor. Aren't you suppose to advise me?" Hana asked. 

"I gave you my advise. Whether you take it. It's your choice" Dr Kim said. 

"I see" Hana said as she sipped on her tea.

"Well, I've taken enough of your time. Thank you for meeting me on such short notice" Hana said as she got up from her seat. 

"Not at all. I am always happy to help. Come visit me more often" Dr Kim said. 

Hana got into the car as she waved at Jiu. Jiu waved back smiling as she watched Hana's car leaving the compound. Her smile turned glum. 

"I wonder what will happen when you remember. I hope that day doesn't come, Hana" Jiu said sadly. 

Hana had unknowingly fell asleep in the back of the car. She was pulled into  her nightmares once more. The voices came once more as she begun to run. She stopped running and crouched onto the floor, praying that everything would go away. When she opened her eyes, she was stunned. She was crouching in the middle of a flower field. 

"Hello, Hana" 

Hana was shocked as she fell on her . She heard a soft chuckle behind her. She turned to the back and came face to face with the blonde girl. 

"You....You" Hana stuttered. 

"Still as clumsy as ever I see. You haven't changed" the blonde girl said. 

Hana crawled away as she said "Stay away from me. Don't hurt me". 

"Who ever said I wanted to hurt you? I would never hurt you" the blonde girl said softly. 

She then leaned down and offered Hana her hand. Hana reluctantly took the blonde girl's hand as the blonde girl pulled Hana up from the ground. 

"Who are you?" Hana asked. 

"I'm Siyeon. Lee Siyeon" the blonde girl introduced herself. 

"Where am I?" Hana asked as she looked at her surroundings. 

"Inside your dreams" Siyeon answered. 

"Impossible. I have been having nightmares. I was always stuck in a dark place" Hana said. 

"I won't let that happen anymore" Siyeon said. 

"Why are you in my dreams? You seem so familiar yet I can't seem to recognise you" Hana said. 

Siyeon looked at Hana sadly. 

"Let's take a walk. I'll tell you all about it" Siyeon said. 

Hana followed behind Siyeon as they passed by several apple trees. 

"You still don't remember anything from before the accident, do you?" Siyeon asked. 

Hana paused as she asked "How do you know about my accident?" 

Siyeon turned to Hana and said "Because I was there". 

"You were there? What is that suppose to mean?" Hana asked confused. 

Siyeon pulled out a necklace. Hana's eyes widened. She pulled out the same identical necklace. 

"That necklace. I have it too. Who are you? What are you? Tell me. TELL ME!" Hana screamed. 

Siyeon's tears welled up as she said "I'm your older sister, Hana-ah". 

Hana froze. 

"Sister? My older sister?" Hana asked in disbelief. 

Suddenly, Hana felt her head throbbing as she screamed holding onto her head.

*Unnie, please*

*Okay, I'll stop. Just let me finish my call*

*It's dangerous*

*I get it, Hana*

Lights flashed in front of them. Screams. Tires screeching. Then black. 

"Hana. Are you alright?" Siyeon asked worriedly. 

"I did it. I caused the accident. If I didn't distract you, you wouldn't have lost focus" Hana said as she started to cry. 

"None of this is your fault. You must never blame yourself. I should have listened to you" Siyeon said. 

"Is that why you're gone?" Hana asked. 

Siyeon looked at Hana sadly as she said "I'm sorry, Hana. It's all my fault. I thought that by coming to see you in your dreams,  I would be able to help you but I understand now. I should never have come to you. Even in your dreams. I just missed you. At least I got to see you one last time".

"One. Last. Time. Where are you going? Please don't leave me" Hana said desperately. 

"I cannot stay any longer. I love you,  Hana. You must remember that. Goodbye my baby sister" Siyeon said as she gradually faded. 

"No. NO!!" Hana screamed out. 

She woke up in the car once again. Her face wet from her tears. She had finally gotten her lost memories back but then she realised her older sister was gone. For good.