Sakura (2)

If You Were Me (Girl Group x You)

2 Years Later (Tokyo, Japan)

Hana had just arrived in Haneda International from the U.S after 12 hours. It was already 1 in the afternoon when she walked out of immigrations. She had finished her Masters in Business Management and decided to return to Japan. As soon as she walked through the automatic doors, she saw Mayu in a pair of sunglasses and designer clothes waiting for her. She smiled at the sight of her best friend. She missed the older girl's direct and sarcastic personality. Mayu had noticed Hana as she immediately ran towards Hana and hugged her tightly. Mayu then broke apart as she hit Hana's shoulder causing Hana to yelp in pain. 

"What the hell was that for?" Hana asked as she rubbed the sore spot. 

"Serves you right. That was for leaving me for 2 years without saying a word until you were in the U.S" Mayu said. 

"Okay. Maybe I did deserve it" Hana said. 

Mayu nodded as they walked out of the airport towards Mayu's car. They got into the car as Mayu drove out of the airport. 

"Now that you're back, where are you planning to stay? My home is still open for you if you want" Mayu said. 

"Don't worry about it. I bought my own place but thanks for the offer" Hana said. 

Mayu nodded as she concentrated on the road. 

"Oh! I forgot to say. Congratulations on your engagement to Yuki. About time" Hana said. 

"Yeah, the engagement that you missed. I sent you an invite and you didn't even show up. What kind of best friend are you? I was so angry. I can't believe" Mayu said angrily. 

"In my defence, I had finals that week and I couldn't possibly skip it" Hana said. 

"Fine. But I'm still angry" Mayu said. 

"What can I do to make it up to you then?" Hana asked. 

"Hmm. I'll think about it" Mayu said. 

It was silent for a while until Mayu broke the silence. 

"Hana" Mayu called out. 

"Yeah" Hana said. 

"Have you tried to get in touch with Sakura? Or maybe hear any news about her" Mayu asked carefully knowing that she is touching a sensitive topic.

Hana shook her head and said "No. I've been preoccupied with my studies. Plus I changed my number, remember". 

It wasn't a complete lie. There were some truth to her words however her curiosity got the best of her. She had searched about Sakura and found out that the girl had made a name for herself. She was one of the youngest CEO's in the world at the age of 24 years old. From the pictures that she saw, Sakura looked well and that was enough for Hana. Hana was happy that Sakura was doing well. It was better that way. 

"Hana. Hana. Saegusa Hana" Mayu called.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" Hana asked as she finally realised that Mayu was calling her name.

" I said we're here. Come on" Mayu said. 

They got out of the car as they walked into the restaurant together. Hana was excited because she saw all her friends who got up from their seats and went to hug her. They welcomed her back as they chatted just like old times. Hana was glad to be back. Without her friends' crazy and funny antics, she would be too bored. After 3 hours of non-stop talking, they had finally decided to part ways promising to meet up again soon. Hana had called her driver to pick her up as she waved at Mayu who left. Her driver arrived soon as he opened the door for Hana to enter. After Hana had gotten in, he closed the door and got into the driver's seat and drove away. Hana had a sudden craving for a drink so she told her driver to stop at a nearby cafe close to her new apartment. She got out of the car and walked into the cafe. There were quite a few people waiting in line so she queued behind them. 

She took out her phone and scrolled through the latest news when an article caught her attention. It was about Sakura. She clicked on it and read through the article. Sakura had been photographed with someone at a public place. She couldn't recognise the person but she could clearly recognise Sakura even in a black mask and a cap. Hana didn't know why but she felt sad for some reason. It shouldn't bother her that Sakura found someone new and yet it did. She kept her phone not wanting to see the article anymore. It was finally her turn to order. She ordered a chocolate cream chip with whip cream and chocolate syrup. Not long after, her order was done as she took it and was about to leave the cafe when she heard her name. She turned around as her eyes widened at the sight of the one person she hoped not to bump into. 

"Sa..Sakura" Hana stuttered. 

The said girl smiled widely as she made her way towards Hana. 

"Here I was beginning to think that you forgot about me. It's been a long time. When did you get back?" Sakura asked. 

"This morning" Hana said. 

"Are you back for good?" Sakura asked. 

"I... Yeah, I am" Hana said softly. 

The sound of Hana's phone ringing saved the awkward situation as H said "Well, it was good seeing you again. I have to go. Bye". 

She then left hurriedly as she got back into the car and told her driver to go. She sighed in relief and checked her phone. She saw that her father was the one who called which was odd because he rarely calls her. Her phone pinged as a message from her father's secretary appeared. ^Your father wishes to see you tonight. A reservation has been made at Joël Robuchon restaurant^ What does he want? Nothing good ever comes from him wanting to see me. Well, I guess we'll see tonight. Hana thought to herself. 

Meanwhile, Sakura had gone back to her office smiling to herself. She had no clue that she would have met Hana. She thought back to 2 years ago when Hana said that if they were meant to be then they would see each other again. This time, she wasn't about to make the same mistake by letting Hana leave her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At 7 pm sharp, Hana had arrived in front of the michellin star restaurant as the valet rushed to open the door for her. She stepped out and thanked the valet as she walked into the restaurant. Hana was escorted by one of the waiters to a private room. The waiter knocked on the door and opened it allowing Hana to enter as she saw her father already seated. She waved the waiter away as the waiter bowed and closed the door. Hana took a seat opposite her father. 

"So, you wanted to see me. What was so important that you've taken time out of your busy schedules? Even personally calling" Hana said. 

"Is it odd that I wanted to have dinner with you?" her father, Saegusa Koichi said. 

"Yes, it is. The last time we saw each other was the day you ordered me to go to the States to continue my Masters. We rarely see each other so of course it's odd" Hana said. 

"Fine. Fine, I get it. Anyways I needed to speak to you about something" Koichi said. 

"Oh!" Hana said as her father piqued her interest. 

"Your mother and me are thinking about travelling around the world. I have worked all my life to ensure that your grandfather's legacy continues. Now, it's time to let go. I plan on letting your older brother take over the group as President and you will help him as Vice- President" Koichi said. 

"Are you sure, father?" Hana asked. 

"I've never been more sure in my life. I believe in your capabilities. I know you and your brother will bring the group to greater heights" Koichi said.

"I promise I won't fail you" Hana said. 

"Good. Now, let's eat" Koichi said. 

The two bonded over dinner as they grew even closer as father and daughter. It was close to 11 when they decided to leave the restaurant. Hana waved her father goodbye as she got into her car and her driver drove away. Her driver dropped Hana at her apartment building and left as Hana thanked him. After an eventful first day back to Japan, she hoped her life would be less eventful but the universe seems to enjoy torturing Hana. Hana had been asked to start her first day at SG Group two days later. Everything was going smoothly until she had been informed by her secretary that she had a meeting scheduled with the CEO of Miyawaki Group. Just then, Miyawaki Sakura walked into her office in all her 1.63 m glory. The girl looked stunning in a pantsuit that Hana forgot to breathe for a split second. Her secretary nudged her successfully waking her out of her trance as Hana cleared pretending that she did not check Sakura out. 

Hana got up from her chair as she extended her hand towards Sakura. Hana was a professional and she certainly knew how to differentiate between personal matters and business even if she was dying on the inside from how gorgeous Sakura was. 

"President Miyawaki, please have a seat" Hana said. 

Hana waved her secretary out as they sat on the couch. 

"Would you like something to drink?" Hana asked. 

"Water, please" Sakura said.

Hana pressed the intercom and told her secretary to bring two glasses of water to which her secretary brought a few minutes late and left immediately. 

"So, I have read the files on the merger for the new resort. Both our companies will have co-rights to the new resort built in Kagoshima and profits will be split in a 35 to 65 ratio. Of course, I see no flaws in the contract however for our side to receive 35% of the profits is on the low side especially since it is a 500 million dollar project not to mention, it won't sit well with the shareholders. I believe the profits can be negotiated" Hana said as she looked through the contract. 

When she looked up, she saw Sakura looking at her with content which made Hana wonder what was going through her head. 

"Ah, President Miyawaki. Is something wrong?" Hana asked. 

"No. It's just you haven't change at all. Still as business oriented as ever" Sakura said amused.

Hana sat back against the couch and said "Well, it is a business meeting so formalities need to be kept. Plus there is nothing wrong with being business oriented. You should understand as a CEO of a major business". 

"I didn't mean it in a bad way. You don't need to sulk like a child" Sakura said. 

Hana got up from the couch and said "Who's sulking? I am not a 5 year old". 

Hana walked towards her table and took a deep breath. She forgot how much Sakura loved teasing her just to see her reaction. She calmed herself down and turned around to see Sakura a few centimetres away from her. Her heart started to beat super fast because of how close they were. Hana realised that Sakura had trapped her against the table using her long arms. 

"Wh......What are you doing?" Hana stuttered out. 

"Sorry. I can't help myself" Sakura said as she slowly narrowed the distance between Hana and her. 

"Remember what you said 2 years ago. If we were meant to be then we would see each other. We've seen each other twice already which means it's fate. There is nobody else for you other than me" Sakura whispered softly in Hana's ear. 

Hana blushed a deep red as Sakura pulled away and went back to the couch as she pretended like nothing had happened. Just then, Hana remembered the article she read a couple days ago and it took all her giddiness away. Was Sakura playing with her? She went back to sit as she took a sip of water to cool herself down. 

"You say all of this and yet you already have someone else" Hana said annoyed. 

"What are you talking about? Ever since the day you left, I have focused on working only" Sakura said confused. 

"Who was the girl photographed with you then?" Hana asked. 

"The girl photographed with me?" Sakura said as she gave it a thought and finally it clicked

Sakura chuckled and said "You mean the girl in the article posted a few days ago. That was my cousin, Anna. She begged me to take her out so I did and suddenly the next day, there were articles and pictures of us. Of course, Anna and I laughed it off so we didn't bother to comment since it wasn't true". 

Hana looked stunned as she said "If that was your cousin, why didn't you just release a statement?" 

"Well, I have no time to deal with the press so I just left it" Sakura said nonchalantly. 

"You really are a piece of work, Miyawaki Sakura" Hana said as she shook her head in disbelief. 

"Why? Were you jealous when you saw the article? Did it make you angry because you thought I had someone new?" Sakura teased.

Hana scoffed and said "Why would I be jealous? I am not the least angry. You can see whoever you want. It doesn't matter to me".

Sakura then stood up which freaked Hana out as Sakura walked towards Hana and pulled her tie so Hana's face would be close to Sakura's. 

"You're lying. You are such a terrible liar, you know that. If you're jealous just say you're jealous then it would make my job of getting you back a whole lot easier" Sakura said. 

Sakura pecked Hana's cheek as she adjusted Hana's tie. 

"Well, I think we are pretty much done here. I will have my side know of the contract changes so just let me know how much percent in profit that you want and I will accept it" Sakura said. 

"You're not even going to hear what I am going to propose" Hana said. 

"I know you won't be unreasonable so I'm leaving it to you. Oh! One more thing, you better be prepared" Sakura said. 

"For what?" Hana asked curiously.

Sakura smirked and said "I am going to win over your heart. You will fall in love with me all over again and this time harder and I will make sure you will never be able to climb out of my love trap". 

Sakura gave Hana a wink before leaving as Hana stared in shock. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Win my heart. Fall in love. That girl has really lost her mind. Hana thought to herself. 

Her secretary then came in and bowed as she said "Vice-President, there is something for you". 

"Eh! What is it?" Hana asked as her secretary handed her a brown case with a insignia that she recognise as Harry Winston. It was the world's top jewellery brand. Hana opened the case and saw a beautifully crafted ring. Both Hana and her secretary gasped at the sight of the ring. Hana saw two sets of intials and a saying engraved on the inner part of the ring. MS and SH. I will love you through every life. Hana then saw a small note attached to the box as she opened it. 

*I hope you like the gift. I had it especially made for us. It won't take long before you say yes to my proposal. Love, your one and only soulmate Sakura* 

"That baka. What makes her think I would accept this?" Hana said softly as she wiped a stray tear that fell from her eye. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hana had finished work at 6 pm as she made her way down to the lobby where her driver was waiting for her. She was shocked however to find Sakura who was leaning against her car unaware that she was drawing a ton of attention. Hana made her way towards Sakura and glared at the beaming girl. 

"Have you lost your mind? Do you even know how much attention you are drawing? What if the reporters catch you here? Do you want to have another article released about you?" Hana asked frustrated at the oblivious girl. 

"Well, it is time for the world to know about us anyways" Sakura said. 

"What about us? There is nothing to know" Hana said.

Sakura's face turned dark for a moment as she said "Yes, there is. I need the world to know especially people who think they have a chance with you that you are mine and only mine. You will get married to me and be my wife. I have lost you once because of my stupidity but not this time". 

Sakura then took Hana by the hand and opened the door as she told Hana to get in. Hana got into the car reluctantly as Sakura made her way to the driver's seat and drove away from SG Group. Sakura was silent throughout the car ride. 

"Where are we going?" Hana asked. 

"You will find out soon" Sakura said. 

Hana wondered why the road looked similar as they finally arrived at an observatory. Hana finally remembered as this one the spot where they went for their first date. It was already dark when they arrived. 

"I see you still remember this place" Sakura said as they got out of the car. 

It was still as beautiful as the first time she came here. The stars seemed so close from where they were standing. It was like she could reach out to touch one. She felt Sakura pull her into the observatory tower as they ascended the stairs to the top where a huge golden telescope was. 

"Don't worry, I reserved the whole place so we wouldn't be disturbed" Sakura said when she saw Hana looked around.

Hana walked out to the deck where they had a view of the whole city. The buildings looked so tiny compared to their original size and the bright lights resembled the twinkling stars. Hana felt a familiar warmth envelope her body as the smell of Sakura's perfume filled her nose. Sakura wrapped her arms around Hana's waist as she snuggled close to Hana. Hana leaned into Sakura's embrace as the two stared at the night skies. 

"I'm sorry" Sakura said. 

"Why?" Hana asked. 

"For everything I put you through. When I think back to the past, I hate myself. Why didn't I appreciate you more? Why didn't I shower you with love and give you everything that you deserve? I resented myself. The first time you left me, Jurina came to me and I thought I loved her but it wasn't that. I realised that everything I felt towards her was just a lie. I told her the truth immediately. Of course, she wasn't happy but she let me go. Then, when you walked through the wooden doors at the restaurant, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but you were real. You were cold and distant so I knew I screwed up my chances. After that, you left me for the second time and it broke me but it also made me realise how much I loved you. So, I made a promise to get you back by any means necessary. I worked hard day and day in hopes that I would become someone worthy of your love. When I met you at the cafe, I was happy because it meant that I finally had a chance to get you back. I didn't realise how badly I needed you until I lost you. You have become the air that I cannot live without. Whenever I missed you, I would read all our old conversations and smile like an idiot then I would listen to all you favourite songs and miss you even more" Sakura said as she turned Hana to face her. 

"All of this amounts to one thing, I love you, Saegusa Hana. I am addicted to you, my drug and I will die if I lose you" Sakura said seriously as she stared into Hana's eyes. 

Hana looked into Sakura's hazel eyes as the world faded to just two of them. They gradually moved closer bit by bit until their nose was touching and then their lips met. Their lips molded like perfect puzzle pieces as the feelings that they had kept all flowed out. Hana's hands wandered beneath Sakura's shirt as she roamed Sakura's back, her cold fingers danced across Sakura's warm body making Sakura moan in pleasure as they deepened the kiss. They broke apart when they needed air. Hana could feel Sakura's hot breath fanning against , her hands still rested on the arch of Sakura's back. To Sakura, kissing Hana was the perfect sin that she wanted to commit over and over again. 

When they pulled apart, Sakura smiled and said "I need you and I hope you do too. Marry me. I promise I will make you the happiest person on Earth and I will make you feel like you are the only girl in the world". 

Hana's tears fell as she nodded happily as she gave Sakura the brown box that she had received earlier. Sakura slipped the ring onto her finger and kissed her forehead. 

"I will love you through every lifetime. I will find you and love you over and over again until the end of time" Sakura said. 

"I love you too, Saku" Hana said. 

The two stayed in each other's embrace as they looked at the stars that brightened the night skies. 


HI! HI! Thank you for commenting and subscribing to my story. I will do my best to write but I am going on a hiatus for 2 months because of a major exam so just leave your comments and suggestions in the box and I will do my best to write after I finish my exams. I will also update Promise of the Past when I get back. I promise I won't let you down. For now, enjoy my last update. Love, your author, H.