Yuko

If You Were Me (Girl Group x You)

It was Hana's first time entering the senbatsu. She would be crazy not to be nervous in front of all the top AKB members. She walked into the changing room and was shocked when she saw an awkward scene unfold in front of her. Her oshimen and senpai, Oshima Yuko was dancing. . widened in shock as she tried to look elsewhere. 

"Yuko-san, you are scaring poor little Nana over here" Mariko said from behind of Hana. 

Yuko looked over and smiled as she danced more vigarously. Hana was surprised because everyone seemed to be fine with it. 

"Don't worry, Hana-chan. You'll get used to it like we all did. She does this all the time" Haruna said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next year that Hana had entered the senbatsu, she was already used to Yuko's dance but the funny part was the same thing happened to Sakura. It was Sakura's first time in the senbatsu and like Hana, she was equally shocked and startled. Hana patted Sakura on the shoulder and chuckled. 

"Sakura-san. You will get used to it like I did when I got into the senbatsu last year. It'll grow on you" Hana said with a smile on her face.

Just then, Hana was hugged from behind. 

"Hana-tan. I was having fun" Yuko said. 

Hana blushed. She could feel Yuko's assets pressed against her. Hana was unable to hide her expressions as the other AKB members teased Hana. 

"Ooo, Hana-chan. Look at your face! It's as red as a reindeer's nose" Sashihara said teasingly. 

"Could it be? Hana-chan likes Yuko" Takamina added fuel into the fire. 

Hana blushed even redder as she stuttered "N...No. Takamina-san, please don't say such things". 

"Then, do you not like Yuko then?" Takamina asked. 

"I...." Hana said before stopping. 

Just then, the producer knocked on the door and screamed "10 minutes before live show".

Hana immediately escaped Yuko's grip as she rushed to finish her makeup. Yuko sighed as she went to put her outfit on. I must have gone too far again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few years had gone by since Yuko announced her graduation from AKB. Hana remembered that day like it was yesterday. She cried for weeks after Yuko had officially left. Winter season had arrived once again. Hana had one day break before she attended the end of the year shows. She had a mask on as she attempted to hide her face from the public. She had agreed to meet someone for a date so here she was standing in front of a cafe waiting patiently. She felt someone covering her eyes. 

"Guess who?" the person asked. 

Hana could recognise that voice anywhere and anytime. 

"Hmm. Is it Kojima-san?" Hana teased. 

Yuko took her hands away as she pouted in front of Hana who simply chuckled at Yuko's childish antics.

"How could you? Did you agree to meet Haruna here as well?" Yuko asked. 

"What if I did?" Hana asked. 

"Then, you won't get this" Yuko said as she held up a big paperbag.

"Okay. I'm sorry. You're just fun to tease" Hana said. 

"Ehhhhh" Yuko said.

Hana wrapped her arms around Yuko and said "I'm cold. I've been waiting here for close to 30 minutes so I wanted to punish you". 

Yuko reciprocated the hug and said "Sorry. Traffic was bad". 

Hana pulled away and shook her head. 

"It's alright. Come on! Let's go into the cafe" Hana said as she dragged Yuko by the hand. 

Curious about their relationship? Hana and Yuko started dating in secret 2 years ago. Hana knew the risks but she took it anyways. She and Yuko had met again 2 years ago when Yuko visited the theatre in Akihabara. Yuko noticed how mature Hana had gotten since the last time they saw each other. It was never a lie that Yuko liked Hana. Ever since Hana first became a kenkyuusei (trainee) in Team K, Yuko had always been fond of the younger girl. When Hana was confirmed as an official member of AKB, Yuko was the happiest for Hana. 

Over the years, Yuko convinced herself that her love for Hana was purely maternal however watching Hana grow more beautiful and mature changed her perspective. Yuko thought a lot about Hana after she left AKB. The day she returned to the theatre, she saw how beautiful Hana had become and couldn't help herself. She had confessed to Hana fully prepared to be rejected but she was surprised when Hana agreed. Now they were happily dating despite the secrecy. Was she happy about hiding their relationship? No, she wasn't but as long as she had Hana, she was fine with anything.